Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise - 2009

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    ^ Though so, could you post a pic with the subd off so I can see how you got the shape?
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    freaking sweet! .. i need to look in to doing sub d.... can you say some of the benifits of doing it in sub d? Thanks!
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    Freak wrote: »
    ^ Though so, could you post a pic with the subd off so I can see how you got the shape?

Here ya go
    77395.jpg
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice mate, coming along swimmingly :)

Getting more and more the urge to join the Enterprise gang and have a crack at one of these myself (if I didnt have so much going on already :()

:)
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    I know you said you were moving slowly with this but you really are making swift work of it. Looking good mate.
    al3d wrote: »
    Here ya go

Thanks Mate apperate it! :thumb:
    It has given me a better insight into how you are building this girl.
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking amazing with the clay material, and thanks for providing a shot of your sechull cage.

I'm sorry to hear about your pet.
    OK..a tad more done on the shuttlebay and the belly torpedo section..:)
    77549.jpg77550.jpg77551.jpg
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Awesome. It'a amazing how fast you are able to build this thing. :)
    And now we can shoot from the front to..:)
    77552.jpg
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    Cant believe how fast you are putting this together!
    Sweet stuff Al.

Once you have finished the build and do a pic with her, how are you going to scale her?
    are you going to scale her to the offical size (Bigger than the ENT-D) or do it form the visual ad's (Makes her about the same size as the TMP Ent.)

(This question has been asked out of curiosty and not to start a Flame war, Which Al will not tollerate so don't bother!!)
    Sweet stuff Al.

Once you have finished the build and do a pic with her, how are you going to scale her?
    are you going to scale her to the offical size (Bigger than the ENT-D) or do it form the visual ad's (Makes her about the same size as the TMP Ent.)

(This question has been asked out of curiosty and not to start a Flame war, Which Al will not tollerate so don't bother!!)

i'm doing it at her real scale..like the movie..wich is the only ship in real proportionate size...check any ship prior, all the bridges are midjet size..LOL..i think the worst is the Enterprise B..at scale, the bridge is only a few meters wide.
  • teknomancer2008teknomancer200866 Posts: 145Member
    al3d, your work is gorgeous! love it, while not a great fan of jj's E, i still think it is a great homage to a fabulous ship. thanks for showing us! as an aside, can anyone tell me why i keep getting black areas of texture on my own models. sorry to intrude, but i desperately need the help!
    al3d, your work is gorgeous! love it, while not a great fan of jj's E, i still think it is a great homage to a fabulous ship. thanks for showing us! as an aside, can anyone tell me why i keep getting black areas of texture on my own models. sorry to intrude, but i desperately need the help!

huh..can you point me to the said model?..and image&?
  • teknomancer2008teknomancer200866 Posts: 145Member
    sorry, forgot, still a newbie here, the ship is the uss thunderchild, i have my own thread for it.last post on the thread, i think.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/attachments/3d-wips/77605d1265104066-thunderchild-bad-meshrender.jpg
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    i'm doing it at her real scale..like the movie..wich is the only ship in real proportionate size...check any ship prior, all the bridges are midjet size..LOL..i think the worst is the Enterprise B..at scale, the bridge is only a few meters wide.

Huh? Can't speak for the other Es (but I'm sure the TMP version is not that far off TOS), but in my universe, my 6' 1" "scale dude" fits right on target, and I'm a stickler for correct scale and checking it (thus my scale dude for every build I do). IMO, the 2009 E bridge would be huge (along with its ports), if it's supposed to be in the relative same place.

Either way, nice work, dude.

deg

[URL=" http://deg3d.biz/posts/E-Scale_Fore.jpg "] E-Scale_Fore_200.jpg[/URL] [URL=" http://deg3d.biz/posts/E-Scale_Dorsal.jpg "] E-Scale_Dorsal_200.jpg[/URL] [URL=" http://deg3d.biz/posts/E-Scale_Starboard.jpg "] E-Scale_Starboard_200.jpg[/URL]

Really? I though they where all close to proper scale expect for the Definat (DS9) as no real scale was given. Due to the production team not knowing how big she would be. hence why she has no windows and some of the FX shots but her at different scales. (Docked at DS9 and flying over the Excellcer class, in that two partter about the admrial in StarFleet HQ trying to take over Earth.)
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    The forward torpedo tube looks as if it's a nod to the Imperial view-screens in Star Wars, which I'm not at all surprised at. ;)

As for the bridge nitpick, al's right on the money, though the blame really lays on whoever was responsible for the "NCC" refit of the Excelsior for TUC. Along with some other changes, they made a new bridge, which has a ready room extension. While the original bridge was already uncomfortably small in regards to the final set, the new one is ridiculously tiny.

I contributed a great chunk of research and analysis for Bernd Schneider's article on the Excelsior's size, which has a great comparison shot between the ST3 and TUC Excelsior model changes.
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    As for the bridge nitpick, al's right on the money, though the blame really lays on whoever was responsible for the "NCC" refit of the Excelsior for TUC. Along with some other changes, they made a new bridge, which has a ready room extension. While the original bridge was already uncomfortably small in regards to the final set, the new one is ridiculously tiny.

I contributed a great chunk of research and analysis for Bernd Schneider's article on the Excelsior's size, which has a great comparison shot between the ST3 and TUC Excelsior model changes.

That may be true for Excelsior, but does not qualify the statement of "...check any ship prior...", my friend. Admittedly though, I have only built TOS E, so I only know for sure about her, and her scale is as I have shown.

Great article, eh, thanks for sharing that link/info. ;)

deg
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Top notch work, very humbling!
    well..updates are slower, back is giving me trouble of late..so started a bit on the Nacel and other sections..:)
    77709.jpg77550.jpg77711.jpg77712.jpg77713.jpg
    Al you always blow me away with your work. Love that shuttle bay.
    and the details on the burssards. Will you be rigging the shuttle bay doors?
    Al you always blow me away with your work. Love that shuttle bay.
    and the details on the burssards. Will you be rigging the shuttle bay doors?

i'de love to rig the door..as soon as i can figure out how the hell they open..LOL
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    I think they unfold outwards sorta like mouthes of the worms in Dune.

dune%20worm.jpg
    I don't think it does other wise you would still see them when open, which we did not in the film when they first go up to the ENT.
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Hmm maybe I'm thinking of the Kelvin?
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    NanoGator wrote: »
    Hmm maybe I'm thinking of the Kelvin?
    From what I can tell, it does have three moving parts. The lower triangular part goes down, and the other two larger triangular parts roll up into the secondary hull, at about a 45 degree angle. does that make sense?
    From what I can tell, it does have three moving parts. The lower triangular part goes down, and the other two larger triangular parts roll up into the secondary hull, at about a 45 degree angle. does that make sense?

i realy doubt there is anything of the actual door that goes down in the hull..not realy any room there
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Alain, all that I can do, is to sit here and just admire this piece of art.
    Looks almost like a "real" ship being built. :thumb::thumb: