Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise - 2009

• al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    OK..last call of the day, started on the bridge but not much progress....still, it's moving slowly but surely..:)
    76984.jpg
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Lol, "slowly". It's faster than I can model, but then again, I'm a noob.
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    As much as you suck as a human being, it's great to see you modeling again.

;)

With luv,
    Mariner.

(BTW, that was a joke. God forbid that people can change...even just a little.)
  • ghanimaghanima331 Posts: 0Member
    al3d wrote: »
    OK..last call of the day, started on the bridge but not much progress....still, it's moving slowly but surely..:)

Slowly? ha! it would have taken me 3 days to get the SHAPE of the saucer right let alone any detail.

Nice looking bridge!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Slowly LOL you crack me up mate.

I stiil can't get the sacuer to look right. Which is why I don't do trek ship.
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Freak wrote: »
    Slowly LOL you crack me up mate.

I stiil can't get the sacuer to look right. Which is why I don't do trek ship.
    Looks great. :)

I'm glad more of these are popping up.
    OK..had an hrs to spare so finished the bridge this morning....and added the saucer Rim..
    77016.jpg77017.jpg
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    wow, nice progress :) looking real good!

@PixelMagic: pssst! Al's secret is the model is still done and he has made all the images for the progress before ... thats why you think he is that fast :devil:

:runs:

Chris :)
    ChrisGFX wrote: »
    wow, nice progress :) looking real good!

@PixelMagic: pssst! Al's secret is the model is still done and he has made all the images for the progress before ... thats why you think he is that fast :devil:

:runs:

Chris :)

NOOOOOOOOO...my secret is out..;)
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    Pretty good looking. Though, I hope that the secondary hull won't cause you to pull out hair in frustration.

On a side note...your avatar looks very angry. :P
    ^ It has been for years.

Al very nice work. I guess it not that hard for you with the bridge as it very simular as the TMP.

It will be intresting to see what you do with the neck and secondary hull.
    ^ It has been for years.

Al very nice work. I guess it not that hard for you with the bridge as it very simular as the TMP.

It will be intresting to see what you do with the neck and secondary hull.

it's not difficult model realy..just takes patience..:)

My God..the Bridge's tail
    77019.jpg
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    grand canyon = patience.. some of us don't have that much :)

looking good!
    grand canyon = patience.. some of us don't have that much :)

looking good!

We all have the same level of skills and patience to start with...it's the willingness to dig it out and work at it that seperates the big boys from the kiddies..:)
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    We all have the same level of skills and patience to start with...it's the willingness to dig it out and work at it that seperates the big boys from the kiddies..:)

DonA’t forget to include here the continuing time that you have available for full dedication in the learning exercise. It means a lot. :)
    Starship wrote: »
    DonA’t forget to include here the continuing time that you have available for full dedication in the learning exercise. It means a lot. :)

I would'nt no..i learned by myself...not with tutorials or books.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member

Ain't that the truth, or the good quote from Back to the Future "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything" :thumb:

a seamingly smaller number of people actually put forth the effort to learn new things, to think "good enough" is enough for there life.. while others keep on pushing till deaths door!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    The mesh is really looking awesome. I said it once in Tobias' thread but I will say it again - I am not the biggest fan of the design but it's hard to deny the technical excellence. And I think that's what should be judged here since design is a matter of personal taste.
    I think the JJprise looks great from all angles except for aft third-quarter, and forward third-quarter views.
    OK..a bit more..:)....moving along slowly..but surely.
    77080.jpg77081.jpg77082.jpg
    Very cool. :)
  • ghanimaghanima331 Posts: 0Member
    stop saying "slowly" :mad: jeeez... how quickly 'should' this take you Al?

Damned nice update though!
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Nice. I know how you do this so quick... you don't sleep, do you?

:)
    very cool as Always.

I had not idea that "tail" had lights in it. I am going to have to have another look at the ship.

I know it too early in the build, but the moving section on the nescell. will you be rigging them for animation?
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Looking very nice al3d, good to see you back mate.

I take it you have seen the flyaround of the ship on the features on the blu-ray, an outstanding piece of work!
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    Really Good Man!!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I wonder if anyone has thought about a variant with the impulse exhust vents more widely spaced.
    Damn..i had updates and forgot to post them..my bad..:) Hull still needs a lot of tweaking..but it's getting there..:)
    77392.jpg77393.jpg77394.jpg
    That is freaking sweet. are you using SubD to build the secondary hull?
    That is freaking sweet. are you using SubD to build the secondary hull?

Yep...the Hull is all SubD right now