Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise - 2009

al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Well, it's been AGES since i've done something for myself. I kinda had lost intest in 3D for a while since from 2005 to 2008 it was full titl all day, 7 days a week for work, so kinda took a break and go a new hobby. When you spend 60 hrs a week doing 3D for work..you REALY don't feel like doing any after that..

I can't do 12 hrs a day on the PC anymore, when i do 2 to 3 a day i's a GOOD day. since i don't work on the computer much these days, i tought i would slowly start the new E..i just love it. This is gonna surely gonna be a long built, but here's the first bits
76918.jpg
76919.jpg
76920.jpg
76921.jpg
Post edited by al3d on
Tagged:

• sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Al, out of all the brilliant and amazing artwork you have done, the BSG stuff, the Trek stuff...why on Earth would you waste your time and just stunning talent on the frackin Abramsprise! It is so completely beneath you...it just makes me want to do 10 shots of Ouzo..

Gimmie something original dude so Coolhand has someone to worry about!

To the Trek fans: I mean no disrespect, just pikin on Al really...
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    Al, out of all the brilliant and amazing artwork you have done, the BSG stuff, the Trek stuff...why on Earth would you waste your time and just stunning talent on the frackin Abramsprise! It is so completely beneath you...it just makes me want to do 10 shots of Ouzo..

Gimmie something original dude so Coolhand has someone to worry about!

To the Trek fans: I mean no disrespect, just pikin on Al really...

Simply because i feel like it...Trek XI is simply one of DA best trek ever made, the New E is just insanly cool. everything in this new flick Rocks...blows everything they made in Trek yet...

Enough reasons for ya..;)
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    ha and I thought you where just on here to moan at people!
    great start so far! would be nice to see you use your skills for some original badass stuff but if this is what will keep you focused so be it good luck! I bought the art of star trek last month its got some great images in not that you will have any problem finding refs, I really want somebody to tackle some environment work from Vulcan it looked so good in the film we didnt see enough of the cities!
    liam887 wrote: »
    great start so far! would be nice to see you use your skills for some original badass stuff but if this is what will keep you focused so be it good luck! I bought the art of star trek last month its got some great images in not that you will have any problem finding refs, I really want somebody to tackle some environment work from Vulcan it looked so good in the film we didnt see enough of the cities!

I just moan at idiots..;)...as to make original stuff...i got 20 gigs of original stuff, i've made more original stuff then most members combined...so don't you worry about me..;)
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Love this start, no fan of the Abrams-prize, or the movie where the federation is nearly destroyed by a disgruntled miner and his mining ship... (so, where were all those amazing Vulcan flotillas around the planet that was being attacked, by a mining ship?)

Not so much as rocks to throw at an invading enemy... in a single mining ship?

A modern oil rig platform would be no match for a battleship from the 18th century, let alone a fleet of them... but, alas, it was a fun picture, and I despise the ship less than I originally did, mostly thanks to the skilled modelers like you who help point out her charms.

Look forward to seeing this develop! Though I wonder what the old connie would look like if you re-designed her? Awesome, I bet.
    JWWright wrote: »
    Love this start, no fan of the Abrams-prize, or the movie where the federation is nearly destroyed by a disgruntled miner and his mining ship... (so, where were all those amazing Vulcan flotillas around the planet that was being attacked, by a mining ship?)

Not so much as rocks to throw at an invading enemy... in a single mining ship?

A modern oil rig platform would be no match for a battleship from the 18th century, let alone a fleet of them... but, alas, it was a fun picture, and I despise the ship less than I originally did, mostly thanks to the skilled modelers like you who help point out her charms.

Look forward to seeing this develop! Though I wonder what the old connie would look like if you re-designed her? Awesome, I bet.

have you SEEN the size of the Minning ship?..have you SEEN it's weapon?...it's technology is more advance by 150 years!...yes..totaly illogical..it's like putting a Aircraft carrier again'st a row boat basicaly..:)

In anycase..this ain't a debate thread on the new flick.
    liam887 wrote: »

Dude..Al's stuff seriously rocks! I just constantly badger him for no purpose other than complete immature entertainment...and..I believe there is a part of that cynical artistic genius we call Al that appreciates it...at least on some level..
  • ghanimaghanima331 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Al! Great to see you back, and i hear yah about working on computers... these days with the kids and working on computers all day long, IF i get an hour on the PC at the end of the day for myself just to check on updates and stuff i consider myself lucky.

Anyways, i agree with you about the ship. Just blows me away. I'm sooo looking forward to seeing your version of her. I still remember how many "ugh - what an ugly ship" "blah blah balh, its not the enterprise" comments when i first posted the image of her on these boards. Regardless, i thought that the ship was fantastic and was a great homage to things that went on before her.

Now, onto something i've noticed about the phaser turrets of yours [and Tobias' - but never posted], I think that the two turrets should actually be different from one another. i'm not sure why this is - but i speculate that one is more of a pulse type turrent and the other could be more of the "stream" type phaser. Here's a screenie i took to show you what i mean:

ent_2009_phase_turrets.PNG
    I don't think think they are different. I think the one on the right is reversed for some reason.
  • ghanimaghanima331 Posts: 0Member
    I don't think think they are different. I think the one on the right is reversed for some reason.

Yup... you could be right. I think the art book has a pic of the underside and it shows the same thing but based on the shape of the "reversed" one, it definitely could be pointing the opposite way. :o "Look Out!!"
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    That's lookin real slick, Al. :thumb:
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Very cool. I've got lots of still frame refs of the ILM model from the Blu Ray Starship Simulator if you need them. Just send me a PM if you are interested.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    Hi Al, good to see you back :) I'm with you with the new E. I always liked the new design too.

Your start looks promising ... hope to see more soon :)

Chris :)
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Hi Al,

looking forward to your build! Your level of detail is very impressive, this will be a real beast should you be able to keep that up.

Tobias
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Welcome back Al ! ItA’s good to see a wip from you again. The level of details that you put in your meshes always amazed me. :)
    Hi Al,

looking forward to your build! Your level of detail is very impressive, this will be a real beast should you be able to keep that up.

Tobias

Thanks...and why would'nt i keep that up?....surely you've never seen my other models..;)
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    welcome back Al from me as well! Glad too see you getting back into the hobby for yourself! and i do feel for ya on the working to the bone, do that myself for 40 hrs a week, then come home and do my own.. gladly, i do interiors and exteriors at work, and ships at home.. so they are different( atleast thats what i tell myself to relax!) .. as they say if you love something, and do it as a job.. your happy!.

love the ship, gonna love your ship and attention to detail, and am looking forward to more! Good Luck!
    well..my new hobby takes me to a completely other place....i make those babies snow..:)

_ALR3616.JPG_ALR3637.JPG_ALR3636.JPG
  • tonygardnertonygardner339 Posts: 15Member
    Damn you Al! Just as I start thinking my Star Trek model is going well you turn up and show me how it's really done ;)

Seriously though, nice work so far mate, not that I would expect anything less from you. I'll be keeping a close eye on this one hoping to pick up some tips from the master.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Good to see a WIP form you Al, it been far to long.

I am not a fan of this ship, there are elements I like and dislike. It will be fun to see your spin on it.

BTW Love the new hobby. the axes look great, just need bit of a paint job. ;)
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Its good to see Al doing a WiP again, i've always enjoyed following his threads, as his builds are always incredibly detailed.

And good luck with the new hobby too, its always fun to learn new and old songs on guitar :)
    ok..details on the top of the saucer is done...:)
    76964.jpg76965.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Arr man that Nav light looks sweet. I love the details you have put into that.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Glad to see you back modeling man. Good stuff!:thumb:
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    Nice start Al, I'll be keeping an eye on this. What are you using for your refs?
    That nav light looks awesome, but if you want to be accurate, they look like this...

ent_nav_01.jpg

ent_nav_02.jpg
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    That nav light looks awesome, but if you want to be accurate, they look like this...

ent_nav_01.jpg

ent_nav_02.jpg

Isn't that the rather large running-light under the 'fan-tail'?
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    It is indeed.

Nice job so far.
    I just assumed all the nav lights would look similar structure wise, but yes, that is under the fan tail. If not, then carry on, Al. :D
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    I just assumed all the nav lights would look similar structure wise, but yes, that is under the fan tail. If not, then carry on, Al. :D

yeah..tops ones i made are accurate..:)