Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise - 2009

• halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    nice updates.

I think there are only two doors on the shuttle bay as you say Alain. When they open they move back and begin to angle up.

This image should get what i'm trying to say across.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/new_enterprise/enterprise-shuttlebay.jpg

I also think that each section of the door goes into each other, but will have to check that.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That pic is blocked by the host.

Could it be that the two side fold into each other and the triangle bit pulls back like a gargae door?

It would seem a wast of space for the hanger to do that, and it just make everything more compacted for when a motor is down.
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    It's only two doors, which close by coming inward and down towards the center.

As much as I rag (and rag) on this design, the shuttlebay door is fairly ingenious.

It's a clever method of closing elliptical doors without having them simply hinge wide open (which looks comical) or have them rotate around a weird axis and them push themselves together, which ends up looking smooth but it's a pain in the ass to illustrate, and I lost the link to someone's example of that.
    Sorry Alain, forget completely what I posted before there are 3 doors as madman has said with the lower door heading down into the hull.

Took a screen grab from the sequence to show you. Hope it helps. Also if you need it there are tons of screen grabs and info here MOVIES :: TrekCore
    77751.jpg
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    I could imagine the doors are going this way: on the movie shots you can see them lifted up and pulled/turned into the shuttle bay.
    In the attached image you see the problem with that.
    But simultaneously the vertical segments of the doors attrack and overlay each other so the back half of the turned doors do not extend into the inner bay.

I hope you understand what I mean, English is not my native language. ;)
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Maybe my eyes play a joke on me, but that is why I think the segments do overlay:
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    OK...added a few more things to the Nacels, and wanted to see it has a whole..so made a few renders of where i'm at right now.
    78471.jpg78472.jpg78473.jpg
    That is look pritty sweet.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Nice - just one thing - the grill on the nacelle should be on the inside
    Nice work.
    Well..i would say she's 90% done so far. Need to go trought her with a fine eye to see if i'm missing stuff..:)
    78619.jpg78620.jpg78621.jpg78622.jpg
  • BasajaunBasajaun183 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice. Can't wait to see it textured!
    Smashing, when you come to texture apparently each panel on the deflector dish is a different shade to give the appearance that it had been painted at different times by different workers during construction. Are you planning on going into that much detail?
    very nice work mate.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    She looks great. But I expected no less from you. The more I see this ship the more like it.
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    I think you've got it pretty well nailed, Al. Kudos man. :)
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    I assume from the big hole in the front that you're designing the ship to have the "expanding deflector"?
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • TheGreatRajaTheGreatRaja171 Posts: 0Member
    very Nice Al!
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Al, nice to see you modelling again :) Apologies if this is already covered elsewhere, but have you included the ability for the nacelle fins to split when in warp? Something looks slightly off around the rear of the nacelle too, but aside from that it's looking great
    spudmonkey wrote: »
    Hey Al, nice to see you modelling again :) Apologies if this is already covered elsewhere, but have you included the ability for the nacelle fins to split when in warp? Something looks slightly off around the rear of the nacelle too, but aside from that it's looking great

I don't know if it'll do the expending thingy...and what looks "off"?..from my reference, i'm dead on
    The shape looked odd, but I've checked the refs and you're right, it is actually accurate :) There is a small indentation below the glowing sphere in the tail that might be missing from your model though it's hard to tell without a bigger render. I've attached a crop of the bit I mean
    78649.jpg
    spudmonkey wrote: »
    The shape looked odd, but I've checked the refs and you're right, it is actually accurate :) There is a small indentation below the glowing sphere in the tail that might be missing from your model though it's hard to tell without a bigger render. I've attached a crop of the bit I mean

well..i did say it was'nt FINISHED..;)
    I know :) Just saving the comment after I was wrong about the shape :D
  • teknomancer2008teknomancer200866 Posts: 145Member
    al, i have to say, when i first saw this version in the film, i really thought it just looked wrong, but seeing yours, i am really liking it! brilliant workmanship, lovely lines, excellent! wish i could work like that!
  • centuriancenturian331 Posts: 0Member
    man Al, this model is the bomb ... im not to fond of the new enterprise but after seeing this its growing on me!
    OK..well...here is the situation. RIght now i'm on medical leave due to Back issues, so i can't spend more then 15 to 20 minutes on my 3D workstation without having major back pain. BUT i would like to see this model finished.

SO..i'm looking for a VERY GOOD Lw Modeler to help me finish her off. she's about 90 to 95% done i would say. IF i can find someone to paint her also..might be nice..

Any takers? I will keep controle over this model doh. i will share credit naturally, but heling a brotha out...does not mean you can start giving this model to everyone you know on the web..LOL.
  • todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    Sorry to hear about your back Al... I hope you do find someone with the skills to finish it off.:)
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    al3d wrote: »
    OK..well...here is the situation. RIght now i'm on medical leave due to Back issues, so i can't spend more then 15 to 20 minutes on my 3D workstation without having major back pain. BUT i would like to see this model finished.

SO..i'm looking for a VERY GOOD Lw Modeler to help me finish her off. she's about 90 to 95% done i would say. IF i can find someone to paint her also..might be nice..

Any takers? I will keep controle over this model doh. i will share credit naturally, but heling a brotha out...does not mean you can start giving this model to everyone you know on the web..LOL.

I dunno if you can lay on your back for very long, but would these help at all? They're prism reading glasses, basically used to read or watch things at a 90 degree angle whilst staring straight ahead lying down. Perhaps these plus a wireless keyboard and mouse...
    Sorry to hear about the back playing up again mate.
    But explains why we not seen you on the boards for some time.

As for someone to help finished this girl, you could ask Tobin, though it might end up like his endless Pluto Station. LOL
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Oh man Al, I'm sorry to hear that. :/