Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMACROSS: Max VF-1J

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    The cushions in normal ejection seats are easily swapped so there's no real need to show wear on them. They don't even have anything holding them in on the ACESII seats aside from the weight of the pilot and a bit of velcro. Heck, some aircrew I know even bring out their own cushions when they step to the jet.

That seat is amazing. Great job! :thumb:

Edit - I just realized that there might be too much wear. I'm not suggesting you change anything at all, but there is normally no wear on the back or even the sides of the seats...at least not to that extent. Generally, cockpits (crew compartments for the PC) aren't that beat up except where the pilot is in direct constant contact with components.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Dam that a sweet lokking ejection seat.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Freak wrote: »
    Dam that a sweet lokking ejection seat.

Oh yeah. :thumb:
  • brain_damagebrain_damage0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello Everyone!

Thanks a lot for the comments!

It took me a while to post because I wanted to finish the entire cockpit before I posted new images. With this done I can say that the texture work en the vf is done. Now it's time to link everything and then pose it on the scene.

Here are the images on the cockpit and some new images of the complete work
    91096.jpg91097.jpg91098.jpg91099.jpg91100.jpg
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Wow! Gorgeous work there. :thumb: The HUD and instruments looks outstanding, especially thrown in the scene with the rest of the VF.
    Well....., it took 2 years, but it's finally alive!

I still have to "fill in the blanks" since there are some joints that during transformation were left opened, but I'm not worried about it now.

I'm on to fixing the gunpod textures and then posing everything in the scene.

Lets see how that goes
    91129.jpg91130.jpg91131.jpg91132.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding work.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Interesting I always imagined the arms were bigger...but that might of been the show.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    out freaking standing!! I build the hasegawa model kits, and this is better than anything i've EVER done!! Sweetness!! Cockpit is excellent sir!
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    still thinking the hands are too small.
    and theres something too with the upper arms.
    good texturing.

the overall look give me the feeling its a 15cm tall toy and not an actual war robot
    Hello, thanks for the comments guys!
    Interesting I always imagined the arms were bigger...but that might of been the show.

Yes, they do that a lot. I thought of adapting the arms and legs, but I want to keep the possibility of transforming it, so I'm leaving it as it is.
    still thinking the hands are too small.
    and theres something too with the upper arms.

I did scale the hands, about 25%, and the thing with the upper arms id that they are the other way around :p

Here are some more images, now with the gunpod
    91203.jpg91204.jpg91205.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding work. I like the way the colors are so bright and clean, until you get closer and see the scraps and scratches.
    This is looking really Sweet!
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    very very nicely done.
    Hello all! Thanks for the comments!

So, I've been quite busy and didn't do much. I positioned the glaug and work on it to have it in it's final version. I'll do the same now with the vf-1
    91389.jpg
  • StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    Looking extremely good. But Glaug seems to be laying there for years. I know, that zentraedy can`t repair their equipment, but in this state, the pod seems to be completely inoperable...
    Hello all,
    Looking extremely good. But Glaug seems to be laying there for years. I know, that zentraedy can`t repair their equipment, but in this state, the pod seems to be completely inoperable...

I agree. The thing is that it's been 2 years now since I'm working on this scene. I change my workflow towards texture since I first started the glaug and now I just wont redo them all.

Back to the city, I added a few more things.
    Nice. I like the APC in the background.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Oh shmexy! Love me some Macross :D
  • Greeble_GremlinGreeble_Gremlin331 Posts: 0Member
    I hope you don't get tire of hearing this...

Wow! Great work!
    I can understand why it took 2 years to model this..its a awful lot of work just to model in 3D ...let alone all the UV mapping and texture painting to boot!
    very nice

any chance we could see some Solid-Wire Frame renders?
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Good to see that this is still continuing, it's looking better every time. ^^
  • SebastianPSebastianP171 Posts: 0Member
    I love the Valkyrie, and I'm hoping you'll do all the accessories as well eventually (Kawamori designed and awful amount of stuff to hang on these things, but you know that already... Also, I want to see an A and an S! ;))

The Glaug on the other hand, except for the parts where it's outright broken, looks like an old toy with the paint scuffed off from hard play. At first I thought it *was* a toy that you had composited into the image with the Valkyrie... I think it might just be too shiny or something.

I wish I had the patience to do something like this - what does the tree diagram look like for the Valkyrie? How many moving parts have you had to set up?

Cheers!
    Hello all, thanks for the comments!
    Nice. I like the APC in the background

haha, nice you noticed it
    I can understand why it took 2 years to model this..its a awful lot of work just to model in 3D ...let alone all the UV mapping and texture painting to boot!
    very nice

any chance we could see some Solid-Wire Frame renders?

It's been 2 years but I didn't work straight on this one. The project was stopped for quite some some in the middle. But yes, it's been a lot of work. I owe you the wireframe, I'll render one when I have some time.
    I love the Valkyrie, and I'm hoping you'll do all the accessories as well eventually (Kawamori designed and awful amount of stuff to hang on these things, but you know that already... Also, I want to see an A and an S! )

This J will stay as it is, no extra parts. But I'm planning to make an S with the supper parts, provably in a hangar. I'm also planing to make an aerial render of both Max and milia Js. No As..., sorry. :)
    About the set up, I have about 100 parts. Everything is just linked, I'm not planing to animate it.

Here's an update on the scene, this time, with both the Glaug and the Vf-1. The front left part of the render is a place holder. Not sure what, but I don't think it will remain as it is.
    91918.jpg
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Looks great. The city environment is impressive work mate. :thumb:

A few suggestions on the image - Given the state of the city, I'd suggest a cloudy, gloomy setting would provide a more dramatic setting for the image. I'd pull the VF-1 back away from the camera a bit as compositionally it looks a little out of place at the moment.

For the foreground area...Following the theme of a dilapidated city, you could have an old water fountain that has long since stopped working and has become rusted/damaged from the combat. Just a thought. :)
    Comco wrote: »
    Looks great. The city environment is impressive work mate. :thumb:

A few suggestions on the image - Given the state of the city, I'd suggest a cloudy, gloomy setting would provide a more dramatic setting for the image. I'd pull the VF-1 back away from the camera a bit as compositionally it looks a little out of place at the moment.

For the foreground area...Following the theme of a dilapidated city, you could have an old water fountain that has long since stopped working and has become rusted/damaged from the combat. Just a thought. :)

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. I agree about the cloudy, gloomy setting, I was planing in doing something like that.
    About the foreground, I thought of that, but I don't want to add anything to high that would block the view of the glaug, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Well if you wanted to get fancy, you could actually have the Glaug fallen into a fountain. ;)
    I have a few ideas....but that depends on what program you are using....
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    I have a few ideas....but that depends on what program you are using....
    that would be non sense.
    how could a program have any influence over an idea ?
    Well there is this plug in I know of that simulates distance fade/fog, which would really add to the atmosphere.
    Hello all! It's been a while, I was a little busy in becoming a father for the first time.

I finally got a little time to move forward with this scene. Though I considered Comcos idea, I decided to go other way with the front of the image. So this is basically how the final image will look like, I'm adding some more details and changing some textures, but more or less this is it.

complete09.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2749/complete09.jpg

About oldmangreg question, I'm using 3dsmax 2011 and Vray.

Cheers!