Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMACROSS: Max VF-1J

• brain_damagebrain_damage0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello everyone! Thanks a lot for the comments!
    It`s been a while. Things are quite busy at work, so I had little time to continue with the project. But a bit at a time I`m moving forward

Just to keep the thread alive, some update
    80189.jpg80190.jpg80191.jpg80192.jpg
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome stuff! I have a dual-language DVD set of Macross, and I love the way you've brought the battroids to life!

One thing though, as far as what the proper screw head should be for the gun, what about Torq-set? It's commonly used in aerospace.
    Hello all!
    Its been ages, things are still a bit crazy at work and I had really no time for personal stuff

Here is a small update on the city
    82808.jpg
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    wow, just wow, I wish I could make scenes like that for my mechs, heh
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Stunning as always!!
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Nice to see this thread start up again. Looking extremely impressive with the environment modeling there. :)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing stuff as always, I guess I don't have anything to add here :D
  • JRL3001JRL3001331 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! Absolutly stunning I love how much detail you are putting into these. I especially like how weathered and worn looking the command battle pod is! Stunning! I can't wait to see how these come out :D
  • PetarBPetarB0 Posts: 0Member
    This is just gorgeous. Big Macross fan here, and you're doing the series proud!
    Hello all!

Thanks for the comments, it's taking ages to finish, but I want to give this project the right amount of time to finish it the way it deserves.

Here is a small update on the city, I added a few more elements and modified some materials. I'm still testing and it's going to take a while.

On the gunpod, well...., it's almost the same, just added a new bump map, I think the material looks better. I'm planning to change the texture though, something more dark and less scratched.

I moved forward also on the VF, I remodeled almost everything. The blueprint I was using didn't match as well as I thought, and most of the parts didn't fit. So I went on in the hunt for new prints and I just remodeled everything. You might not notice the change, but it's there :D
    I'm missing all the detail, I know, but I want first to model the general shape.

OK, on to the images!
    84647.jpg84648.jpg84649.jpg84650.jpg84651.jpg
    Two more that were left out!
    84652.jpg84653.jpg
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    nice :)

i think i'd make more scratches under the pod, where you put your other hand to stabilise the gun while shooting, and less on the gu1 pannel.
    would you mind sharing those new blueprints ?
    i'm getting seriously in the mood :)
    @ L2K: Yeah, I was thinking something like that. Right now it's "evenly scratched" so I'll try some of that in a near future

Sure about the blueprints. They are a bit small, but they serve the purpose.
    84660.jpg84661.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow awesome work brain, as always :thumb: Nice to see the project isn't dead because it's going to be crazy , in a good way of course. As for the gun, I think it should be less shiny because now it's glaring a bit too much (or the sun is that strong in Buenos Aires , I don't know :p)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Cool Stuff!!

I know it going to be a long wait but I can't wait to see this project finished.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Dude I love Robotech. I planned on making these models for so long, but I've been busy. Awesome work.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • PetarBPetarB0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, truly a labour of love. Looking awesome. The gunpod is weathered a bit much for my taste, but I guess that war against the Zentraedi lasted a long time! Captain Gloval would be proud.
    Ye a it does seem weathered. I'm working on the SDF-1 right now. N0 pics yet.
    Hello all! thanks for the comments!

As for the gunpod, I agree with all of you, it is too weathered and too shiny, that's what I want to modify. I was looking at a tutorial the other day and I came across this image of some armored tank and a soldier, I'll like to get something like that.

@ oldmangreg: Cool! SDF-1!! I have some reference images if you'll like, I actually have reference images for every mecha in all macross, so just ask.

More to come soon (I hope...)
    84751.jpg
    Hello all! thanks for the comments!

As for the gunpod, I agree with all of you, it is too weathered and too shiny, that's what I want to modify. I was looking at a tutorial the other day and I came across this image of some armored tank and a soldier, I'll like to get something like that.

@ oldmangreg: Cool! SDF-1!! I have some reference images if you'll like, I actually have reference images for every mecha in all macross, so just ask.

More to come soon (I hope...)

lol cool...i could also go to robotech.com, i got robotech battlecry, and i also have most of the first season on laser disc., so yea i got references.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I'm painting my F-14A model in veritech colors.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    that's odst armor, nice.
    Hello!

@ oldmangreg: Cool! I'm more of a macross fan though, so I usually search for macross instead of robotech when looking for references. You might find some interesting things. ;)

Here's an update on the model. The general shape is done (except for the head). I have to correct some mesh issues and then I'll start adding the details.

More to come!
    84841.jpg84842.jpg84843.jpg
    Hello!

Well..., I'm done with modeling. This is a far as I'm going with it, the rest will be texture work. I'm still missing some conection parts, but I'll do that once I position the model in the scene.

I'll start with the interior now, then I'll place it in the scene and finish modeling.
    85294.jpg85295.jpg85296.jpg85297.jpg
    1.jpg 313.3K
    2.jpg 346.8K
    3.jpg 118.3K
    4.jpg 120.6K
  • I.g.(.I.g.(.0 Posts: 0Member
    It's absolutely perfect.
    Can't wait to see it fully textured..
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    say... how will you do the leg transformation animation ?
    the macrosse zero way ? with a tiny bit of metal that rotates and slide under the cockpit. (i always found that part a bit off context, as its clearly too weak to support the weight of a huge battle robot)
    or just simply avoid it , like in the old serie ?
    Hello! Thanks for the comment

@L2K: I agree, the macross zero way is not convincing. Not sure why they did it that way.
    I actually plan to do just a still, and in gerwalk mode, so I haven't thought about the legs transformation. But if I ever do it, I think I'll use the "concepts way". I attach an image.

I already started with the interior, I'll post some images in a few days.
    85318.gif
  • tetsujintetsujin0 Posts: 0Member
    L2K wrote: »
    say... how will you do the leg transformation animation ?
    the macrosse zero way ? with a tiny bit of metal that rotates and slide under the cockpit. (i always found that part a bit off context, as its clearly too weak to support the weight of a huge battle robot)
    or just simply avoid it , like in the old serie ?

Although it's a retcon and gets in the way of some of the detailing on the underside of the fuselage, I really like how it's done on the Yamato toys (from the 1/48 VF-1 onward): instead of the legs swinging forward to the nose during the switch to Battroid, they swing backward and move with the aft half of the fuselage... Since the aft half of the fuselage winds up directly behind the nose it all works out. Personally I always felt they should have cribbed this for the VF-0 transformation instead of doing those flimsy little swingbars.
    Hello all

@tetsujin: If we talk about the toys, I think both, the vf-1 and the vf-0 have that feature in the legs. I've seen some video reviews on the vf-0 and I think it's the same, at least for the toys.

But I agree that in the series the swing bars of the vf-0 are just wired.

I started with the interior, here are some images on the seat.
    85348.jpg85349.jpg85350.jpg
  • tetsujintetsujin0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello all

@tetsujin: If we talk about the toys, I think both, the vf-1 and the vf-0 have that feature in the legs. I've seen some video reviews on the vf-0 and I think it's the same, at least for the toys.

Yup. The 1:60 VF-0, version 2 of the 1:60 VF-1 - once Yamato came up with that swingbar design for the legs they pretty much just stuck with it.

What I was trying to say about the VF-0 (if it wasn't clear) is I think they should have used this design for VF-0 in the anime. IMO it's the best solution anybody's come up with for getting the legs where they need to go on VF-1 and related designs... Though with the way it's implemented on the toys it does look kind of flimsy - and really the original "hand-off" design from the line art is the only one that includes any consideration (however minimal) for any kind of actuators to actually get the legs where they need to go...
    Hello all!

It's been a long time.
    I started working on different projects (including life projects) and this was left behind for a moment.

As I said, I wanted to chage the gunpod texture and material, so here are the renders.

I'll finish modeling the interior of the VF next.
    87301.jpg87302.jpg87303.jpg87304.jpg