Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMACROSS: Max VF-1J

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    That thing looks like it's been through hell. Nice texture work!
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    tone down the rust unless it's been sitting in the mud for a few years
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Maybe that Veritech has been battling too many Zentradi Battle Pods and hasn't the time to shower.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • brain_damagebrain_damage0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello!
    Thanks for the comments

I definitely don't want to give it a "brand new" impression, but maybe the rust makes it a bit too old. Maybe instead of rust I can try some kind of bare metal texture and see how that look. I'll give it a try and post the result
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    the rust does seem a little too much, like you said bare metal in its place will probably be better. Either way the quality of the texture is excellent, well done
    Of course, if it's bare metal it doesn't have to be shiny. It could even be down to just a primer. Air Force jets use a almost a lime green primer on titanium, plus titanium on aircraft is rather dull. Basically, if anything, just change the tone of the rust to a primer color and problem solved.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    If I recall correctly, Macross took place mostly in space. Rust is iron oxidizing. I would think there wouldn't be a lot of oxygen available for it in a space operating environment. Though I suppose the hanger spaces would be pressurized.
    I think it was 50/50 space to atmosphere overall. That is if you take into account all the different series set in that universe.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice work on the textuers.
    I would do a mix of rust and bare metal. This thing looks like it been around for a while with dents.
    I would just tone down the rust.
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    cool

maybe too rusty, like the others say.
    also, i'd make it shiny only where the paint is. (on the markings)
    Hello all, as always, it's been a while.

I worked on the gunpod but did't like any of the rusults, so I'll leave that for latter. I just got my wacom tablet so working on textures will be much easier now.

In the mean time, I finished the vfs interior. Here it goes.
    89226.jpg89227.jpg89228.jpg
  • Klavs81Klavs81224 Posts: 197Member
    Lookin' great! That cockpit looks awesome!
    very good :)
    Hello! Thanks a lot for the comments

Here are the hands, they are not 100% accurate, but this is as far as I'm going with them.

With the hands the modeling is "done" (I'm missing some connection parts but I'll add them once I have the model positioned in the scene). Now I have to position the pivots and link everything together. I'll let you guys know how that goes.

Cheers!
    89239.jpg89240.jpg
    Hello!

Well, I positioned the pivots and then realized that I would provably attach some of the part together in order to save some UV space. So I'll let the pivots and linking for latter.

I started with the textures. Here are the wings.
    89333.jpg89334.jpg89335.jpg89336.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Out of all the previous images I think the cockpit is my favourite - very nicely detailed :thumb: Wing is shaping up nicely as well. I think it may be a bit too glossy on the scratches but overall the maps are quality :D
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Great job on the pain job so far! Love it. Don't be too sparing with that weathering - it looks excellent :cool:
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    During one of my occasional visits to Scifi-Meshes these days (I know, I know, I have to get back into it), I happened to see this thread and I'm happy to come back and see it updated again. The cockpit looks really nice and Max is one of my favorite characters, so it's definitely caught my interest (I do a lot of Macross profiles).

One problem I have with it is that the paint scheme you're choosing is for the television version of Max's VF-1J, however the cockpit interior (and hands too, technically, but I always like to think that all the VF-1s had those) is for the DYRL version. The TV version had a center stick, HUD, and divided control panel, in addition to a different ejection seat and looks like this. I did the same thing with my VF-1's and have yet to do a TV interior for them either (which I need to do for the early ones, since the in-universe explanation is the cockpit was changed with production block 6.)

Just a small quibble. This plane is looking good and I can't wait to see more in this thread later. Keep up the awesome work!
    Hello, thanks for the comments!

@Talos: You got me! yes, I know, the cockpit is the DYRL version. Basically, it will be the TV version VF with the DYRL version cockpit. Well..., I actually mixed them up a bit, my cockpit does have a few things from the TV version, and it actually has a few that I just invented.

A few more images with the progress
    89465.jpg89466.jpg89467.jpg
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Sounds cool. :thumb:

Maybe something simple that screams "TV cockpit" like just adding the HUD would help? Those tail updates look good also.

EDIT: Never mind, I see the HUD in there now...I blame my monitor! :lol: Don't mind me.
    Hello everyone,

Here's an update with the progress. I'm almost done texturing, just need to finish the legs.
    89873.jpg89874.jpg89875.jpg89876.jpg
    dont like too much you glass parts...
    and put like that, the hands look very small.
    rest of the body is great :)
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    looking good.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice very Nice!
    Hello! Thanks for the comments
    dont like too much you glass parts...
    and put like that, the hands look very small.
    rest of the body is great

Yeah, I don't like the glass either, but I thing part of it is the HDR. I'll work on it once I have the model in the scene. Regarding the hands, you might just be right, I don't have any specific reference about size. Again, I'll check that once I transform the hole thing
  • big_obig_o0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool! I really like the texturing.

The fact that it transforms just makes it even cooler.
    Hello!

Well, I'm done texturing the exterior. Time for the interior
    90162.jpg90163.jpg90164.jpg90165.jpg
    Awesome. Looking forward to the texturing of the cockpit. :)
    Hello!

Don't have much time these days, so its taking me a while...

Oh well....., here's the ejection seat.
    90475.jpg90476.jpg90477.jpg90478.jpg
    good :)
    paint has gone on the metal parts, but the seat part is brand new.
    you need to damage that one too. rat scratches, fat ass usure, maybe a gunshot hole too, cigarette burns, a hole patched with other fabric, and that kind of stuff

:)