Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DA Bold New Venture

124»

• I'll be heading off for Navy OCS. Got accepted into the NUPOC (Nuclear Propulsion Officer Candidate) program.

Your welcome to give it a shot. I'll keep plugging away at the views.
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    I'll be heading off for Navy OCS. Got accepted into the NUPOC (Nuclear Propulsion Officer Candidate) program.

Your welcome to give it a shot. I'll keep plugging away at the views.

Congrats, squid.

NUPOC huh? I guess that means you have an IQ hovering around 1,000. Good to know.

Going to a line ship or do you want to earn your dolphins?
  • Congrats, squid.

NUPOC huh? I guess that means you have an IQ hovering around 1,000. Good to know.

Going to a line ship or do you want to earn your dolphins?

Dolphins all the way. I've wanted to be a Submariner since I was a kid. I'm pretty dang geared up. Fell in love with the U.S.S. Maryland when I went aboard her but my heart is set on getting on one of those new Virginia's.

As for the IQ. Meh. I live by the adage "There's always a bigger fish." Because their really, always, is.
    Good for you, realizing your dreams.

Is the Aegis one of the deigns you'll be finishing? I saw it on your DeviantArt and I must say, it's an attractive little tactical cruiser.
  • About 80% Done:

Venture_Class_View_3_WIP_2_by_madeinjapan1988.jpg
  • Orion's beltOrion's belt0 Posts: 0Member
    that ship is really looking great josh! I also really appreciate how you were able to work in that Slipstream is more effective with a traditional star trek silhouette.
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    greeeaaaaat work man! To me, this seems like what the Enterprise-E would look like in the new "JJverse", just awesome!
  • angusskyangussky0 Posts: 0Member
    Shes coming along beautiful Josh, yea this is the same Angus from Deviant :)
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Congrats, Josh. That's a fine looking ship too. Guess we won't be running into each other at the Huntsville Barnes and Noble :P
  • PixelMagic wrote: »
    Congrats, Josh. That's a fine looking ship too. Guess we won't be running into each other at the Huntsville Barnes and Noble :P

There is still time. I am up there every other weekend it seems helping my folks. Though come June God knows where I'll be.
    The ship is coming along beautifully. I really like the addition of the two torpedo tubes on the ventral side of the saucer. Any plans for a dorsal tube(s) ?
  • Orion's beltOrion's belt0 Posts: 0Member
    I think those are the cruise missile tubes. Have to admit i dont care for that divider down the ramscoop
  • Man i love this!!! Great job!! Its new and old Star trek all in one!
  • madmacsmadmacs0 Posts: 0Member
    This is still a better concept of a ship than any of your previous design. I am very much, admiring your work. Even my imagination is running wild interest in the design and anticipating the completed form. Thanks for you comment earlier. Super Job!! :thumb::thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    the ship dead ?
  • SchORscHSchORscH0 Posts: 0Member
    attachment.php?attachmentid=79110&d=1267198550
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    this is a great design...really want to see more if i can.

What do you use to drew these?
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    It's been six months since madeinjapan1988 has updated this thread, don't post until and unless he decides to update. If you want to know more about the status of this project, send him a pm rather than reviving an old thread.