Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DA Bold New Venture

• Capt. Eric GardnerCapt. Eric Gardner339 Posts: 109Member
    *after look at your new design*....big mother....huge...*faints* (and no your ship isn't fat. It's just...big...as in tall)
  • Orion's beltOrion's belt0 Posts: 0Member
    compared to the Preception I must admit i like the darker hull color. I like Both Nacelles equally. You gave yourself a really nice out with using the neck to increase slipstream preformace
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Hi, Josh Its been a few months since I've been around. Its good to know things are going well for you. I'm glad to hear your still working on the Perception Class and her new big Brother (Venture Class?)

Adding the neck gives this ship a nice touch to this design. An to be honest with you can barely tell that it has a neck on this design. But overall it is a very sleek design. It will be a nice addition to the Federation.

So is the Perception Class going to be replaced by this ship? An what Classification is this starship?

Keep up the great work your doing, looking forward to future updates on the Perception Class and updates on her big brother (Venture Class?)!

:)
  • madeinjapan1988madeinjapan19880 Posts: 0Member
    A little update: Per some people's request I have presented this image in super high resolution to capture the detail. Enjoy:
    Venture_Class_View_1_WIP_2_by_madeinjapan1988.jpg
    Love it Josh, It looks about done on the detail level. I love the darker hull coloring and how there are less windows. you had mentioned some new techolonogy in the design I was wondering what it was. Also Im very curious to see what the Main deflector dish will look like becuase it looks like it has a intresting lateral profile? Also maybe give the Ramscoops a red tint?
  • mladen225mladen225171 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you, it's ones again a beautiful design.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    great looking ship as always bud love to see more as it comes.
  • Mister KMister K171 Posts: 0Member
    i love that ship! :D
    Side View: Check. Now onto the other view.

Venture_Class_Port_View_by_madeinjapan1988.jpg
    I got the perfect name once this goes into production: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-G....although the nacelle pylons need to be swept back to enhance the slipstream flight.
    I got the perfect name once this goes into production: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-G....although the nacelle pylons need to be swept back to enhance the slipstream flight.

There is no engineering basis for that in star trek and swept back pylons would destroy this ships balance aesthetically. I am not sweeping back the pylons on this one. I like them swept forward.

As for the Enterprise name. We'll see.
  • FrostRaptorFrostRaptor0 Posts: 0Member
    Simply gorgeous!!
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    You know, I'd be interested to see how you would design a rebooted U.S.S. Enterprise 1701. Like, if you had been hired to design it for JJ Abrams. Would be an interesting design I think.
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    I thought there were going to be more windows on the primary hull, but it looks pretty damn good. :D
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    Gah, give the Enterprise a rest. Not every bad ass ship needs to be named the Enterprise. The whole Star Trek fixation on the Enterprise gets old after a while...there's plenty of other stories to tell.
  • kaenynekaenyne0 Posts: 0Member
    Not here so much to critique.

Just wanna say...

Enterprise, no matter what letter on her hull, NEVER gets old!
    Was that really necessary?
    kaenyne wrote: »
    not here so much to critique.

Just wanna say...

Enterprise, no matter what letter on her hull, never gets old!

Thank you very much!!! :D
  • GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    nice work dude! as for the above, as much as I love the name Enterprise, she isnt the only starship in starfleet. I wont design an Enterprise anytime soon.
    .... v_v....not even the Legacy-class Enterprise?
  • GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    Nope, there wont be any Legacy Class Enterprise. There's already the PErception class
  • kaenynekaenyne0 Posts: 0Member
    By any chance are there thoughts/plans for a side view silhouette size comparison chart (i.e. Legacy Mk II, Sovereign, etc.)?
  • Maverick EagleMaverick Eagle0 Posts: 0Member
    Kinda Curious but whats the size of the vessel? It seems Huge. any chance you can make a size comparison with the known Big E's and by chance maybe a Stardestroyer? lol. something tells me your ship has reached a SD size which I approve of.
    He already covered length. This ship is about 1250 meters long, close to twice the size of the Sovereign-class at 685 meters. An Imperial-class Star Destroyer is 1600 meters long.
    Actually she is 1300m. I redid my numbers and found a measurement error. So she is about 300m shy of a Star Destroyer.
  • Capt.HunterCapt.Hunter331 Posts: 71Member
    Actually she is 1300m. I redid my numbers and found a measurement error. So she is about 300m shy of a Star Destroyer.

Just a side note. It really depends on the type of Star destroyer. The Venator-Class (Revenge of the Sith) was 1137 meters long.

Victory Class I and II were both only 900 meters long.

The Imperial Class I and II which were the ones from the original trilogy were the 1600 meter ships.

Then you have the Star dreadnaught (Super Star Destroyer) which was 19,000 meters in length.

But that's just all numbers :)
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    regardless, it looks good. I too approve of the larger size. It better fits a ship that would explore other quadrants of the galaxy and might spend years without direct Starfleet support.

Can't wait for the next update.
    did you remove the VLS?
    Top View of the Venture: Very Early Work In Progress Shot!

Venture_Class_View_2_WIP_1_by_madeinjapan1988.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4046 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,304Member
    Wow, those are some formidabe weapon sistems.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio