Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DIcarus Ancient Military Science Ship

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i dig it
  • -.--.-0 Posts: 0Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    i dig it

to understand what you meant i needed to consult the urban dictionary :confused: :lol:

i'm glad to see you like it :D
  • experiment442experiment4420 Posts: 0Member
    :lol:

I haven't been on the urban dic'an'harry in ages.
  • RoninRonin0 Posts: 0Member
    in detail this looks nice / ancienty.
    Could you give us an overview, zoom out to see the whole ship with those updates ?

what are the blue thingies supposed to be, giant windows ?, glowing emitters ?
    It basicly gives the impression the ship is powerful.
    hehe thanks :p
    i want for the ship a rough/agressive style... not like normal ancient ships :p
    ronin here is a pic :P hope you like it...
    upoo.jpg
    and btw the blue things are simple lights or... some kind of engines xD :lol: didn't decided yet :lol:
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    Oh myyyyy~ This is a vicious looking ship. :] I like.
    *faints*
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    Cool:D

here is a small update, now i'm working on the wings :P
    wing.jpg
    not much thing but i think is pretty nice :p
    i have a doubt about the hexes, do they match with the ship style? cause i don't know... i like it but it not seems to match very well
    upoo2.jpg
  • I think the hexes can stay. When you finish the hull surface, darken the hexes in a grey scale, not a color. It seems like the ancient technology did not exist in very many colorful patterns. The other blue highlights look nice.

I like the progress.
    new update
    sdf.jpg
    sdf2.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    if i remember the scale of this ship correctly.... then those guns are bigger than the Daedalus!

Love the update :D
  • Very cool ship; great work so far! The desing is stunning!
    are thos guns stationary?
    thanks ^_^ and, yep the guns are stationary, they are starbeam planet destructor class xD
  • Very cool!!!
    lil over powered in the artillary for a science vessel isnt she?
    nop, it isn't as i said it's the latest weapon of the ancients meant to win their war with te wraith and the replicators, in desperate times, desperate measures ... btw when i'll finish the ship i'll modify it to look old and damaged... ;)
  • Ze AratlossZe Aratloss171 Posts: 0Member
    this is one interesting ship bud, i like it. Keep it up its gonna look good
  • madmacsmadmacs0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful Ship!! I like it better than SGA's or SGU ship. Please keep up the good work!!:thumb::thumb:
    Oh, if you can, I know you want to age this, but it would nice to see a maiden launch view.
    youve seen one ship from the sgu universe how dou know if thats better then the ships on the show lol
    it's show time :D hi all sorry for the wait :P i was a little busy :P here a small update, not much but is something.. xD

some lateral engines
    sdaf3.jpg
    sdaf.jpg

some progress on the front of the ship and more lateral engines
    sdaf2.jpg

that's all :P pls comment :D

and btw.. thanks for the comm. i think is not too god as the ones from the series... but i realy don't like the destiny from from sgu... it looks too organic and too 60's tecnology or something and it's suposed to be from the gold age of the ancients... A?_A? hmmm... it don't convince me...
  • madmacsmadmacs0 Posts: 0Member
    Well then..., I think you are getting there with yours being the better concept. Though, in my opinion, I see more of an Atlantian style in your model. Destiny looks like something familiar I seen on this forum, though I cannot place it just yet.

Am I looking at many engines that will act unison or in series as the ship demands? If so, I think its a bit too much. Though if they can be individually be vectored for ship stability, docking, braking or thrust, I can understand.

Does you concept plan to carry Daedalus class ships or are you using them for comparison?

yep, the engines will act in series as the ship demands, they can be used to make the ship spin xD ... till my ship i never seen'd side engines in any ship... in any scifi movie or series... exept the human shuttles... how it's suposed to go right, left, top and bottom? there is no atmosphere (no wings), no gravity (no gravity manipulators) no anything... if a ship doesn't have side engines it only goes straight :| i think... and wtf about inertial dumpers or that kind of crap... A?_A? it makes no sense... ok... that's all... more engines = more agility

and about the daedalus thing.. nope... i use the daedalus as comparison... the ship is made to carry ancient ships like daedalus (i think it has about 700m) and aurora or orion (the 1km version not the 3 km... but i think it will make it... as the dock is very large) or smaller. it works as a shipyard too, creates new ships from wreckage of other ships or repairs damaged ships and that kind of stuff ^_^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Why build this when the Atlantis class can do all the same things? I really like the design, just not the scale. They wouldn't build these instead of city ships, they aren't as malfunctioning as the city ships.
    Dallidas wrote: »
    Why build this when the Atlantis class can do all the same things? I really like the design, just not the scale. They wouldn't build these instead of city ships, they aren't as malfunctioning as the city ships.

they only built a ship now that i think, its just like the asgard with the o'neil ship and the replicators... desperate to win the war they built a ship with all their last resources; allmost invulnerable shields, robotic (big ones) and nanotecnologic shipyard that can create new ships automaticaly from the wrecks of their enemies, that would be their best chance against their so numerous enemie. that's why the ancients lost the war against the wraith, cause the wraith were too many respect the ancient.
    and if you think a second is more convenable to build a big suport/planet destructor ship than a few atlantis ships .

btw it was builded in the milky way and not in the pegasus galaxy cause of the alliance of the four races (ancients, asgard furling and nox)

(if i continue this way, i'll finish making a acript for a new series of stargate xD)
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    -.- wrote: »
    they only built a ship now that i think, its just like the asgard with the o'neil ship and the replicators... desperate to win the war they built a ship with all their last resources; allmost invulnerable shields, robotic (big ones) and nanotecnologic shipyard that can create new ships automaticaly from the wrecks of their enemies, that would be their best chance against their so numerous enemie. that's why the ancients lost the war against the wraith, cause the wraith were too many respect the ancient.
    and if you think a second is more convenable to build a big suport/planet destructor ship than a few atlantis ships .

btw it was builded in the milky way and not in the pegasus galaxy cause of the alliance of the four races (ancients, asgard furling and nox)

(if i continue this way, i'll finish making a acript for a new series of stargate xD)

and the Tau'ri somehow end up with it?
    Pheonix wrote: »
    and the Tau'ri somehow end up with it?

nope.. it's just lost in space :lol: