Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DIcarus Ancient Military Science Ship

-.--.-0 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2011 in Work in Progress #1
hi :D i'm here with my latest scifi mesh :P i was playing around with 3ds max and this is in what ended xD a new ship... i was tryin to get an daedalus like ship but... :P
icarus.jpg
90331.jpg
Post edited by -.- on
7.jpg 79.7K
Tagged:

• -.--.-0 Posts: 0Member
    updates :D
    icarus2.jpg
    icarus3.jpg
    icarus4.jpg
    icarus6.jpg
    icarus5.jpg
    it seems like a weapon xD
    icarus7.jpg
    comments are wellcome :)
    here a small update.. now i'm only making the shape of the ship and i'm thinking on making it longer and rebuild the engines... i think they are very... simple... :confused:
    icarus8.jpg
    sugestions are wellcome
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Neat ship so far!

For the engines, you could use something similar to the Aurora's engine block - just turned 90A° :)
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I like this.....and Melak's engine idea...

will you be widening it at all?
  • Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
    I like it as well, a different design.
    let's see... here 2 ideas for the engines ;)
    engine.jpg
    or this one...
    engine2.jpg
    but smaller:P
    and... i think on widening just a bit...
  • RoninRonin0 Posts: 0Member
    can't wait to see more.

but, have to say, i don't like the the front.
    It could called somewhat like needleship, but it's not really a needle. Besides that it lacks a recognizable shape. (too long maybe ?)

hope you like critics as well ^^ and keep it going
    Option 2 looks more "ancienty" to me, but option 1 doesn't look bad either :)

If you want some more variety on the front of the ship, you could mix in some bits, bobs&prongs like on this ship: clicky

Keep up the nice work!
    yes like critics as well, ^.^ the front isn't finished yet.. and... i think i'll do some wings.. i think... but first the engines... i'v chosed the second option :P
    Melak wrote: »
    Option 2 looks more "ancienty" to me, but option 1 doesn't look bad either :)

If you want some more variety on the front of the ship, you could mix in some bits, bobs&prongs like on this ship: clicky

Keep up the nice work!

wow.. that's great... :D thks for the idea i think i'l make that way the front...... but like i said xD the engines first :D
  • experiment442experiment4420 Posts: 0Member
    Add an attachment to your first post and it'll have an image in the WIP board, at the moment its a game of: 'to look, or not to look.'

Its a nice shippy so far. I suggest two engine pods from the below and two other things on the sides above them. It could be anything, but if done properly, it would look more Alterran.
    let's see.. thanks for the tip experiment442 i'v just atached a pic...
    this is how i made the engines
    engine3.jpg
    engine4.jpg
    i'v started the ship thinking in the USG Ishimura from deadpace... :P that was while i was trying to make the daedalus like ship... xD
    Nice, I like those engines!
  • I like it a lot!

Most Stargate ships seem pretty similar, but a more vertical design definitely pushes the boundaries in a good way,
    thanks a lot for the comments :d here an update... ithink i'v finished the ship's hull... now i'll start to detail it.. here some updates
    the hangers
    hangars.jpg
    sidde view
    side.jpg
    top view
    top.jpg
    i'v finished the front of the ship... more or less... :P
    update_ica.jpg
    update_ica2.jpg
    hi i was playing with the greeble plugin and i'v got this... what do you think?
    eng.jpg
    Looks nice, but just a little too much. I'd mix in other details like pipes, and err...stuff :p
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    ugly....
    what do you mean with "ugly" ? you mean the way that i greebled the engine? or that the entire ship is ugly ???
    PD: soon i will put an update
  • experiment442experiment4420 Posts: 0Member
    Detailing needs work, look around at RJB's work. He's doing an Alterran fleet at the moment.

RJB's Deviantart
    the greebling
  • colbmista is a man of few words. :)

Yeah the greebling on the engine cover panels may be a bit too much. And too random.
    lol im straight forward and blunt lol
    here comes a small update :P
    i'v edited a bit the engines
    dds.jpg
    started to detail the ship
    dds2.jpg
    and this is how the ship looks now
    dds3.jpg
    BTW i spent a lot of time trying to make some kind of wings and things... :confused: but it was useless :P
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Love the engines... Different colour to usual... but it works...

Are the floating bits the aborted wings?
    yeah... i think i'll save them... for further use...
    thos were wings???
    yep... those were wings :| and this is how thei'l be if i intall them on the ship.. more or les :P
    uptodate.jpg
    a litl combination betwen ancient spaceship and USG Ishimura :P
  • Hmm - I like it better without the wings. I first thought those were an alternative engine cover.
  • xanthraxanthra0 Posts: 0Member
    Hyperspace wrote: »
    Hmm - I like it better without the wings. I first thought those were an alternative engine cover.

I have to disagree. I like it better with the "wings." The side "wings" may look better if they were about half the size, though. "-.-" could you humor me with a render like that?