Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DIcarus Ancient Military Science Ship

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i see u got alotta insperation from the ashen crusier?
  • -.--.-0 Posts: 0Member
    let's see if i got your idea...
    here are the renders
    upo.jpg
    another...
    upo2.jpg
  • IMO those wings make it look too much like the nuBSG resurrection ship. But it is your ship. :D
    colbmista wrote: »
    i see u got alotta insperation from the ashen crusier?

if it was for me.. nop.. i don't even know how it looks an ashen cruiser... :|.. i don't remember... :|

and... hyperspace.. it doesn't looks like a resurection ship... maybe a litle :P but i only had on mind the USG Ishimura from Deadspace... xD i like a lot that planet cracker :D i'v finished the game allready... and... playing on a 36" tv at 2:00 of the night with headphones... it's a
    a tremendous experience xD
  • JBJHJMJBJHJM0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks cool - and it'd also look great flying in the other direction - a big block followed by all the sensors antennas etc. - just an idea :D
  • xanthraxanthra0 Posts: 0Member
    -.- wrote: »
    let's see if i got your idea...
    here are the renders

Yes, that looks awesome! Maybe move them down a bit, but it really gives the ship some character, IMHO. Thanks for humoring me : )

PS. Second pic is my new desktop background
    PPS. I keep thinking of a battle scene where some of these get blown off, but the ship prevails.
    :lol: glad to see that all of you like it :D
    i'v just atached the wings to the ship and rotate them a bit :P :D hope you like it :D
    upo3.jpg
    upo4.jpg
    oh.. i'v widened the ship a bit :P
  • experiment442experiment4420 Posts: 0Member
    Looks nice :cool:

I was doodling earlier on this picture:

(Forgive the paint, my scanner broke about five seconds ago :argh: )

ideas.jpg

I thought this might look nice if done properly.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Have to admit... when i initially saw the 'ribs' off to the side.... i thought they were to be used on the rear...I'd also have the front extensions closer to the main hull....

But i like it :D
    hhmmmmm... i like the idea :D but... if i'l do it... the ship will lose her "verticality" xD... i'l try to make it without loosing her "verticality" :P
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    -.- wrote: »
    :lol: glad to see that all of you like it :D
    i'v just atached the wings to the ship and rotate them a bit :P :D hope you like it :D
    upo3.jpg
    upo4.jpg
    oh.. i'v widened the ship a bit :P

:eek!: looks fierce
  • Huge SG fan. Like the ship...alot. But...those front fins seem too overbearing against the rest of the design. Maybe thin them out, make them a bit more like the vertical fins (keep them angled on the horizon, though) and keep them closer to the hull. Maybe the struts could be a bit more ovoid, less rectangular.
    here a small update... :P hope you like it :P
    upo5.jpg
    PS: i want to give to the ship a terrorific style :P "ancienty" but more terrorific... i thought a story for the ship too :P when i'll finish it i will render it damaged in an asteroid belt :P +.+
    also i will make it with darker textures.. i think :P

any sugestions, critics an ideas are wellcome :D
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    not sure i like the massive blocks on the rear.... rest i still like though...
    i agree... :| now i'm working in other engines more "ancienty" :D
    hmmm.... i think i'll leave it how it was before... i like it more without more engines... :P
    upo8.jpg
    upo7.jpg
  • RoninRonin0 Posts: 0Member
    i have to say: i don't like the updates.

those wings (front, middle) and the Engines don't look as they fit to this ship, more like reuse of old components attached to a ship like the travelers do.

Maybe try more volumetric wings, instead of using thin connectors?

Most of the times i decide either it's vertical or horizontal in the first step, maybe this is what i'm missing here. First it was vertical, now i'm not sure ^^

still, nice work. Keep it going.
    that's the problem... i want the ship to be vertical... and if i atatch more wings or motors will become horizontal...
    here an update.. i'v removed the wing motors so the ship still vertical as allways :P
    also.. i think i'll use the wing engines like canons :P
    upo11.jpg
    upo9.jpg
    upo10.jpg
    xD seems like a crab ship placed on my ship :D i will arange that :P
    whatever.. let's finish the night with the last update.. :p i think it seems no more to a crab ship placed on my ship :p
    now the ship has her own shipyard :D
    and i rebuilt the "ribs" to look more "ancienty"
    upo12.jpg
    NOTE: Daedalus it's not mine... it's made by some guy :P and it's just to see what size has the ship :P i took it from a Bridge Commander Stargate ship pack all credits for his creator :D
    upo13.jpg
    upo14.jpg
    BTW... i want to thank you all for the comments, ideas and critics u.u

loool :eek::eek: i missed some ribs suports :p whatever... you can make an idea of how looks now :p
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    That's a science ship? What's it do, scan things to death? :D
  • Very nice!!!
    i liked that second remake of the side engines the aincenty like ones
    Melak wrote: »
    That's a science ship? What's it do, scan things to death? :D

yeah :lol::lol: it's a schience ship and nope does not scan things to death it scientificate them to death :lol:

it's the last ship made by the ancients and sended from earth to suport the atlantis outpost in their war with the wraith it suposed to end the war :p but something goes wrong and the ancients lost the contact with the ship no one knows what hapened with the ship, so they decide to sink atlantis and return to earth :p
  • experiment442experiment4420 Posts: 0Member
    *faints*
    a small update...
    last.jpg
    last2.jpg
    thos things above the blue thing are thos escape pod tubes?
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    thos things above the blue thing are thos escape pod tubes?

most likely Drone launchers
    they are escape pod tubes :p the drone launchers will be horizontal... :P
    haha im smert
    hehe :P let's see if you like it :D i personaly like it :D
    last3.jpg