Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek: Specter of the Past

• gmd3dgmd3d250 DublinPosts: 132Member
    I only recently saw this again and think its a great effort. looking forward to more
    “You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm liking all the touch ups :D
  • tnpir4002tnpir4002418 Posts: 1,277Member
    @Dr-Timelord: why do I get the feeling you've had YouTube open in one window, and Vimeo in another, for a side by side? :)
    haha don't know what you're talkin about

thats not a bad idea actually, everyone should have a go at spotting some of the changes and Tnpir can tell you if you are right or wrong

what a fun game
    By the way gang, ScifiPulse.net just posted their review, you can read it here: http://scifipulse.net/?p=36918
    congrats ..... its not a bad review .. but I will wait until you have the voice actors included.

But I like a lot what you have done ..

staying tuned
    By the way- new details concerning Retribution are up: http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Specter_of_the_Past#Sequel
    You're sequel ideas sound REALLY good,

And i was even like " omg i suggested that" lol but yeah you're sequel story idea is top notch trek, It'll sound like it will be full of intrigue, political and galactic agendas, lots of plot twists and sounds a a very gritty sequel "

Also very glad to see you've gone with keeping it within the cannon of trek and acknowledge the destruction of Romulus, was worried you were gonna go with the "pretend it never happened" route

* edit *
    you'll obviously be finishing up Spectre before moving onto the sequel, but will you be writing it solo again, or will u have a few helping hands?
    tnpir4002 wrote: »
    By the way gang, ScifiPulse.net just posted their review, you can read it here: http://scifipulse.net/?p=36918

I thought the review was pretty good, he liked how detailed and expansive you are trying to be and the wide variety of characters. Its good that he wasn't so sure about why Troi and Data where brought on board and why the enterprise didn't stick around, but also understand why it did not. I guess you'll be able to fix that with a line or two when it comes to the scene
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    But a deadly secret from Reyf's past could undermine everything when he learns the truth behind the Romulans' sinister plot...
    OMG! its VOLDEMORT!!!!!!!!
    I thought the review was pretty good, he liked how detailed and expansive you are trying to be and the wide variety of characters. Its good that he wasn't so sure about why Troi and Data where brought on board and why the enterprise didn't stick around, but also understand why it did not. I guess you'll be able to fix that with a line or two when it comes to the scene

yes easily done as you suggested ..
    Just checking in, remastering of the second hour is going well, I'm at 1:35:29 right now (the beginning of "The Dam Breaks"). Once I finish the second hour (it finishes up in the middle of Scene 38, "The Holodeck"), I'm going to start work on a little surprise that I think you folks will like. It shouldn't take long to do, but it'll be worth the time.
    oooooooooh can't wait
    Is it time yet? :P
    Almost :) About ten more minutes of stuff to go through.

Realistically speaking, there isn't that much more to do. After the now-infamous holodeck scene, everything pretty much worked out the way I wanted it do, so I may be able to post the third hour more or less as is (I know of a few things that need to be fixed--raising the light levels a little in the Voyager briefing room for one--but overall it's pretty much done).
    Has their been any cosmetic changes to your Voyager mesh that you have been using? I thought it looked a little different
    Actually no, the Voyager exterior has been the same since day one. There are only two occasions when a different one got used:
    1) during the "V'Ger Flyover" sequence, the hull of the hero model was so dark the shuttle's spotlight couldn't get bright enough to illuminate it, so during that sequence the hull is a lighter blue than in its other appearances
    2) if you look carefully, at the end of the "Deep Space 12" sequence, the shot of the ISS Voyager at warp is actually an older, silver-hulled version (same configuration, just a slightly different color scheme)
  • count23count23361 Posts: 782Member
    long time no post for me. Liking everything that I'm seeing, it's great to see that the project is finally finished. (Last time I saw this was about 4 months ago).

I took a quick squizz at the new parts, haven't had a chance to watch the "directors cut" yet.

So you've already got a sequel planned, huh? Premise looks interestnig, my only nitpick is that the frozen fitzgerald in a comet sounds almost identical to the frozen Defiant in a comet story from the Invasion books. They found a copy of the Defiant, 5000 years old, frozen in pluto's orbit.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Time%27s_Enemy

Also, tnpir, if you want some epic sound track choices for the sequel you should try to grab a copy of the "Star Trek: The Ron Jones Project" before the copies run out. There's some amazing scores in there: http://www.startreksoundtracks.com/tng/ronjonesproject.html
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Nadesico! Darned right it's been forever, welcome back!

Alright, so scrapping the frozen ship idea then. Believe it or not I hadn't read that book, but it sounds like a good read! That would've been difficult to animate anyway.
    tnpir4002 wrote: »
    Nadesico! Darned right it's been forever, welcome back!

Alright, so scrapping the frozen ship idea then. Believe it or not I hadn't read that book, but it sounds like a good read! That would've been difficult to animate anyway.
    Fitzy gets stolen through time to fight a war that ended 1,000 years ago...........
    Isn't that from the episode ' Babylon Squared' ?
    Nah, just gonna scrap most of the time-travel arc that I'd planned on bookending the movie with. There's still plenty of fun stuff left, don't worry :)

(And yes, that is from Babylon Squared...been watching B5 of late)
    Fitzy gets stolen through time to fight a war that ended 1,000 years ago...........

Babylon ... 4, wasn't it? (Not a big B5 fan, only caught a few episodes at my bro's house).

In any case, my thorough recommendation is to generally avoid time travel. You've done it once, don't make two stories with it as the focus, you don't wanna end up in Voyager-territory, do ya? :)

Just watched the 2nd half of the directors cut on youtube, very nice ending. You can see how your story and 3d techniques developed over the progress of the film. I am quite looking forward to seeing the finished version with proper voice overs and finished SFX.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    well for the finished Fx watch the ultimate version... i think thats the completed fx version?

you know you're going to get as bad a G Lucas realising several version of the same movie lol
    Isn't that from the episode ' Babylon Squared' ?
    War Without End (season 3 sequel to Babylon Squared) and yes :p
    Hey tnpir, have you done much fooling around with the walk designer in poser? Or isn't that in your version. I noticed a few of the character walks are still a bit... off (touch too much head bobbing). I mean obviously there's no point doing anything with Specter, lol, you'd have so much to re-render if you started all the character animations again, but for your 2nd project, perhaps it could help shave some time off a bit? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_D5OHNOIAk
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    You've finished the movie?... Man, how long has it been since I checked in?!.... Ahh, I'll have to audition for voice-acting the sequel!
    Does the walk designer mean each character was move differently from each other, like arm swing shoulder movement etc?

that is pretty cool :)
    Does the walk designer mean each character was move differently from each other, like arm swing shoulder movement etc?

that is pretty cool :)

If you take a look at teh tut, you can control exactly how much each character moves and how, there's feminine and masculine types, heel height, sway offset, etc... basically full control of the walk motion through sliders then when you're done you just dump animation keyframes down and the walk designer will control their start/stop/change of pace movements.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    That is pretty awesome, well if tnpir wasn't using it before, he'll be kicking himself now :P