Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSide Projects (Random).

• ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks awesome.

To keep with the blocky appearance, it would probably be best if you do some sort of square barrel rather than round barrels. Square or odd shaped turrets, kinda like this, are a bit of a sci-fi cliche but I think smooth round ones would look out of place.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    @ Armondikov: Thank you. And I agree, square barrels might help keep the it's appearance more uniform. Then again, like you also said, they've kind of been done to near death. But I think they would go well for the secondary weapons. Thanks again. :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2206&g2_serialNumber=1
    A little more progress folks. Though I still have to beef up those secondary cannons a bit. Tell me what you think? :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2208&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2210&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2212&g2_serialNumber=1
    Actually, those round ones don't look too out of place. They just need a little extra detail to make them blend in with the level-of-detail on the rest of it.
  • EgeriaEgeria61 Posts: 0Member
    The smaller ones near the wheel joints appear too fragile by comparison... they are proportionally much, much longer than the main barrels...
    Thanx for the comments Fellas, appreciate them much. And I will get back to that one soon. Quite a few updates, just haven't rendered anything new on it yet. :thumb:

But for now I'm playing with Vue, boredom has set in. Day off... Unofficially :lol:

In any case.

1. Is this too much of a blur?

2. And is it just me, or do the clouds look fake?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2214&g2_serialNumber=1
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    I think the blur is fine... maybe a slight bit less... as for the clouds i do agree with you they look fake... Only think i can think of is that they look too neat and some of them seem to have a flat bottom...

Great render though :D
    Unless you have stationary objects in the background or foreground I don't think the blur is needed. You won't get a sense of motion unless the cars are crisp and in focus while the speed is blurring your other objects.

The clouds actually look reasonable to me, but it does look like there's only one layer of them. Clouds often come in multiple layers and with a lot more depth.
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    motion blur is always needed ;)
    none at all would imply taht your camera is moving exactly at the same speed that the cars, which is of course so difficult it will look fake.
    moving the cam nearly at the same speed than the car will end up with a small blur on the car and a heavy blur on the ground, and that is the thing you want to do ;)

now, you'll want a few ground elements. small rocks, maybe a bit of smoke,.. a background would be welcomed too.

the clouds themselves dont bother me that much. but the sky color looks off. correct the color and it'll turn fine.

if you're aiming to an animation, i recommand you the craft director tools to rig and animate your cars and camera.
    those tools are awsome ! its motion capture with a gamepad !
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    the only thing that makes the clouds look fake is that thay should be making shadows on the cars and the ground, other then that it's a good looking image:thumb:
    ^ Damn it that's it!!! Fantastic :thumb:

Be back with more soon Fellas, and thanx for the c&c. :thumb:
    Okay... This one is a little bit charger, a little bit camaro, a little bit 1969-74 firebid. And, a few other cars I could think of.

Still working on it, quite a bit to do. Tell me what you think? :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2216&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2218&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2220&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2222&g2_serialNumber=1
    Okay, here's a somewhat blocky interior I'm putting together for it. (Needs smoothing of course.) Sorry about the hard shadows, I was in a rush. More later. :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2228&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2230&g2_serialNumber=1
    So no one likes the car...

Oh well, in any case. I took a break from it, and another car that I'm working on, to make some appliances for a kitchen, bathroom, and living room I'm doing for someone. Also another excuse to use my aluminum material again, before putting it away. :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2232&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2234&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2236&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2238&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2240&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2242&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2244&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2246&g2_serialNumber=1
  • Sukhoi_FlagonSukhoi_Flagon0 Posts: 0Member
    ok seriously......... wow, some nice work! ive just trawled through all 29 pages and theres some really cool designs! love the new car the front end looks really nice :) but on the back end, i dont know why but it kind of looks like the arches are a little out of place to the rear wheels, kind of upsetting the flow of the back end. also perhaps a lip/sports spoiler may suit the overall agressive look of this vehicle, as it seems to be missing any significant body styling towards the back - although the exhausts are nice!

keep it up, look forward to seeing any updates!

Sukhoi
    Thank you Sukhoi. Appreciate it much, and yes I am still trying to bang out that particular design. Still needs lots of work. Thanx again. :thumb:

More kitchen stuff folks.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2266&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2268&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2270&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2272&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2274&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2276&g2_serialNumber=1
    All right, I raised the back of the wheel arch by about 6 inches or so, and while I was at it, I angled the back end up a few inches as well. I also gave it a few harder creases around the back fenders, added the lip spoiler, and widened the back wheels a few inches. So the back arches won't look so naked. :thumb:

And I also added a coupled indentations to the back end at the bottom, which I see now has to be faded in to agree with the curves of that area.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2280&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2278&g2_serialNumber=1
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Been trying a few vehicle designs recently.... none of them have worked LOL
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    This is some seriously cool stuff. :cool:
    Hundred wrote: »
    So no one likes the car...

I do. I think it's freakin' awesome. :D
    Dr Lee, keep at it, you'll work out the design you want pretty soon. If you compare the the first car, the truck, and the most recent car in this thread. You can see a vast difference between them. The more you practice with a particular type of model, the more experience you get with it, be it people, cars or whatever. And each time you start a new project you'll know what NOT to do. :lol:

@ evil_genius_180: thank you, appreciate it much. And that's a great avatar. Would it have anything to do with linux by any chance?

Well I hope you all can remember this fella...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=321&g2_serialNumber=2

Because I'm redoing him. And yes I was inspired by the chopper from Avatar as well as the Hornet from Halo3, along with half a dozen other two bladed sci-fi helicopters. And let's not forget the United States Marine Corps V-22 Osprey. Tell me what you think? :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2282&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2284&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2286&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2288&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2290&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2292&g2_serialNumber=1
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    Yes! i do remember that ship was wondering what happend to her.... though this updated version does have its merits... Great work on merging the 2 designs.
    Man, things sure do get better the 2nd time around, don't they? You original version of that ship is sweet, the new version is even better. Not only is the design better but I like the metal paint job. :D
    Hundred wrote: »
    And that's a great avatar. Would it have anything to do with linux by any chance?

Yep. That's Tux as The Dark Knight. :D I did a search for Linux Avatar on Google the other day and found a cool site full of Tux avatars: http://www.fantasylands.net/cpg1413/thumbnails.php?album=770

I love Linux, in fact I'm running PCLinuxOS right now. :)
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice! I don't know why, it doesn't exactly look alike, but the cockpit reminds me of dune's ornithopter.
    One small nitpick: It looks less like a Freelancer ship now :p
    Betterized the cockpit a little. Gave it more visibility, as well as made it more believable IMO. :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2294&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2296&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2298&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2300&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2302&g2_serialNumber=1
    That's looking great. :)
    Still have to rework the tail section a bit, it's a little too blocky IMO.

I was also thinking of making the top section into a detachable UAV, and having the bottom as an amphibious vehicle... Oh well, see you soon. :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2304&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2306&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2308&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2310&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2312&g2_serialNumber=1
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    My mind tends to come up with unusual solutions to problems. I came up with a convoluted counter torque fly wheel system that would let the fight control computer to alter the torque weight of each rotor generate turning force for the craft.
    I'm really liking that tail section. Having the top be a detachable craft is also a neat idea. :)
    Thanx Capt Dave, appreciate it.

And thank you as well evil_genius_180, appreciate it.

Please excuse the blocky-ness, I must have had the smooth modifier turned off/down for this last batch of renders.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2322&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2324&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2314&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2316&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2326&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2318&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2320&g2_serialNumber=1
    A quick size comparison shot.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2328&g2_serialNumber=1