Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    lol!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Dam Mate, I don't look at this thread for some time, and when I come back, you are modelling something new and outstanding.

Keep up the good work.
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Cheers Guys, :thumb: ... Yes psychiatric evaluations of potential residents for Shady Acres with be issued in the coming weeks .... but for now, battle on, and do the best you can :p ......

Thought it would be good to do a direct comparison with the physical model, ... Keep in-mind this is just its current build, ... I've made a note of numerous adjustments needed, and this pic will be updated when I sort those to improve it, .... The two inset WIP pics (at the bottom in this image) are upcoming WIP pics that will be posted full size as soon as I complete the front Wings, that also shows a shot of the underside Forward Landing Gear .... Anyway, .. Just an update on how it looks so far .....

Jas

*EDIT* Comparison Pic Updated - Post #483
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Wow, looks good. But this is run for a bit long distance. Your favorite. :)
    Cheers Tom !, ... Sorry mate, not sure what you mean by >> But this is run for a bit long distance <<

Jas
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Cheers Tom !, ... Sorry mate, not sure what you mean by >> But this is run for a bit long distance <<

Jas

Maybe he's asking what's your favorite thing you've modeled?

Anyway the Thunderhawk is hawt.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    ..hawt and frightingly accurate...
    I re-posted Thunderhawk WIP 003, (Post #454) ... The light was bouncing from the side instead of above on my model, ... Now matches the Ref better ....

@ StarSlayer:

Thanks mate, ... That might be what Tom was meaning, .. but still not sure ? ...

Jas
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    I thought the two facing each other were both your versions, very nice work mate!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member

Jas
    In other words. It isnA’t simple model, that you can make over night. Your favorite way, how to do stuff. Only hard one.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Fantastic work Jas. Coming along very nicely.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Jas, awesome as always.

And as an aside because I don't know where else to post it, I'm totally jealous that I can't be joining you guys in posting new stuff! Hopefully when I get the proper version of Windows 7 and get a new graphics card (hopefully by the new year) I'll be able to join you once again!! Huzzar!
    Thanks Guys !! .... Appreciate It :thumb: !! ....

Only worked on the Cockpit Interior for this update, .... Was hoping to have the forward wings done along with doing more to the forward section, .... unfortunately didn't manage it, (one of those weeks) ... but wanted to post something, ...

As a side note, .. I intentionally wanted this render to look rough & ready .... Was having one of my render abuse episodes ...

@ Meph:

Apologies Meph for missing your post, ... Thanks mate !, ...

@ Armondikov:

Hope you can jump back into the fray soon Chris !! ...

Jas

40kthtransporterwip004.th.jpg
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    looks great Jas.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    awesome!
  • Hawk_SilkHawk_Silk0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh very nice mate, at first glance I thought it was a photograph of the actual mini I always enjoy seeing your WIP work, it's just fantastic!

Could you enlighten me as to how you did the "cut-out" of the cockpit canopy though please?

Regards Hawk.
    Oh, man, thats awesome Jas.
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Took me a minute to realize that last shot wasn't from the Forge World site :D
  • Great work and nice progress.
    Hawk_Silk wrote: »
    at first glance I thought it was a photograph of the actual mini

He's an arse when he does that... :lol:

Could you enlighten me as to how you did the "cut-out" of the cockpit canopy though please?

I imagine it's a straightforward boolean done as a temporary thing rather than anything special. Although I suppose you could also put a very high contrast transparency map on the surface and move it about to get the cut-out effect - it'd be interesting to try that for videos.
    Thanks very much guys :thumb: !!, .. Sorry for the late reply, ... was waiting until I had an update (Below) ... Pic showing Landing Gear ...
    Hawk_Silk wrote: »

Regards Hawk.

Now brace yourself Hawk for some intense technical Info that requires years of training on how I did that, .... Here goes ....

1. Rendered Canopy separate pass to rest of model
    2. Rendered rest of model without Canopy
    3. Comped together back in photoshop

Now the intense technical part ....

4. Within Photoshop, .. Used the Eraser Tool on Canopy Layer to reveal Cockpit ... :D ....

This model was never intended for any cut-aways ... so used this method for speed, no screwing about ... If I were to do an actual cut-away model, I'd model it properly .... this method served it purpose for just that WIP pic, ...

Jas

*EDIT* Pic Updated >> Post #478
    Nice duck feet! :D
  • Finally some progress on this boy. :thumb:
    Oh man! Excellent work Jas.
    Cheers Guys !! ...

Improved the Rear Landing Gear Legs, (needed scaling up a tad and slightly longer) .. plus a part was mis-aligned .... So was enough to re-render and update that WIP pic, ... Material is Temp until I get to textures ...

Now moving on to the Tail ....

Jas

*EDIT* Pic Updated >> Post #478
    Lookin' good, lookin' good.
    Thanks mate !! ... Re-posted the Landing Gear pic again as I updated the Forward Landing Foot render with a better, slightly larger & clearer shot of it ... along with a new pic of the Thunderhawk Tail Section ....

Christmas is just around the corner, so probably won't be another update for a bit, ... So have a Great Christmas everyone, .. Hope you get something good from Santa !! ... All the best for the New Year :thumb: !!! ....

Cheers !!!

Jas

Click link to view Full Size - 1440 x 900

E8QdN2.jpg Full Size Pic
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Man that looks good......
    Now the intense technical part ....

4. Within Photoshop, .. Used the Eraser Tool on Canopy Layer to reveal Cockpit ... :D ....

I'm pretty sure a quick and messy, but quite effective boolean (so long as you don't permanently save it) would be faster than that. But considering you do a lot of composition in photoshop afterwards, I imagine it's not a great extra drain on your time.

Still looking good, I can't say much more than that. Have a good holiday and I look forward to seeing more in Janurary!
  • looks very realistic ;^)