Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good as always Binkerman. Glad to see your thread survived the purge.
    Armondikov wrote: »
    I was wondering if you'd seen the latest on the Ultramarines movie and if you thought your marine was of better quality?
    Got a link to the footage/pics? I haven't seen anything besides a few weapon concept sketches. I was under the impression it was all still being kept under wraps.
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Many Thanks Guys !! :thumb: ... I'm also gearing up to start the VALKYRIE, so should see something appearing for that soon !! ....

@ Elowan:

Thanks for letting me know mate, ... Hmmm, think most of us will be aware by now that linked Thumbs to full size pics has some current issues with the updated site .... So will wait a bit longer before having to adjust every single WIP pic I've posted ....

@ Armondikov:

Cheers Chris !!, ... I've got the Ultramarines Movie website bookmarked, .. but there doesn't appear to be any media to see, ... so I did a google and found some YouTube vids, some with Dan Abnett talking about it etc ... but not seen the Space Marines yet ....

As for me thinking whether my Marine is better quality, ... I think that's something only others into 40K can answer and have their own view on it, ... I think what may appeal to one may not to another, ... So I'm not really into comparing my work with others .. i.e Solo Artists or Studios with regards to what is better ...

My goal atm is match the Refs I work with, ... and when needed improve the detail level in some areas, ... like the Aquila that I did for the Prometheus, .... and to ultimately bring the models to life through some sequences that I've been planning for a while, ...

@DCB:

Thanks mate, .. Looks like your Baneblade Thread is lost, but your Land Raider thread still lives, .. I adjusted your link that you can copy to update your sig WIP link:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?56575-wh40k-space-marines-land-raider

This would apply to anyone to fix their old WIP links:

Just remove >> /3d-wips/ << from the link and replace with >> showthread.php?, and don't include the >>.html at the end ...

Cheers !

Jas
    Ah thanks for that. I hadn't gone looking for it. I knew the Baneblade one would be dead though as it was outside the cutoff date they had warned about and I didn't bother bumping it. Still, that sort of thing is why I left the last 3D forum I was on and came here. I sure as hell hope the VB4 backend was worth it because the frontend is complete and utter crap.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Binkerman wrote: »
    I've got the Ultramarines Movie website bookmarked, .. but there doesn't appear to be any media to see, ... so I did a google and found some YouTube vids, some with Dan Abnett talking about it etc ... but not seen the Space Marines yet ....

You can see the Image Metrics test footage here: http://ultramarinesthemovieblog.com/blog/2010-02-11/talking-head
  • there is also the ability to sign up for news letters. theres been 2 or 3 so far.
    That's not a marine head, it's just a facial mo-cap test. Like I said, they haven't released any pics of models yet.
    Had to re-render the latest Land Raider pic WIP 023 ... as I forgot to move the two base steps on the Left side, which are further forward with one being in-line with the Left Door Steps .... that's now done, and also fixed some weird rendering artefacts that appeared on the Rear Vent / Grill, ... I found that once I detached the Grill Slats from each other and simply grouped them ... That rendering issue had gone .... So here it is again with those things sorted ...

Also an update on the Thunderhawk Transporter .... The Heavy Bolters are in-place on the Wings but have a few details to finish on them, .. plus did a few adjustments here & there ...

@ Armondikov:

Thanks for the link ! ... Look forward to seeing the whole marine when they update, .. will be keeping tabs on that site ...

Click on Links to View Full Size ...

Jas

40klandraiderwip023.th.jpg

Sy7aAU.jpg Full Size Pic
  • UK-BladeUK-Blade331 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good, as always, Jas :thumb:

I can't wait to see some textures on these bad boys, gonna be good. :)

Any chance of seeing some of the wireframes? Be nice to see how the meshes are made up.

Keep it up........for the Emperor!
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    DCB wrote: »
    That's not a marine head, it's just a facial mo-cap test. Like I said, they haven't released any pics of models yet.

I'm aware it's a test. And a pretty promising one too. I think it'll be nice for the graphics guys to get stuck into it and re-render it with some textures. In the meantime, the concept art looks cool.

Actually, come to think of it, my original comment on the movie may have been based on this image, which I originally thought was official, but I don't think it is:
    http://www.g4g.it/g4g/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/UltraMarines_Movie_01.jpg
  • direrwolfdirerwolf0 Posts: 0Member
    great 40k vehicles thankyou
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Every render is nudging it closer to perfection...
    Cheers Guys !! :thumb:

Even though I'm still working on the Thunderhawk Transporter, .. I've started the Valkyrie, since it's all part of the same project, ... Just blocking in the main parts atm to make sure it looks right before doing the Detailed version, ... Also went ahead and done the Wing Attachments (weapons etc) , since they are not part of the main structure, so could complete the modelling for those ... (as seen in the first WIP pic below) ...

@ UK-Blade:

Thanks mate !, ... will sort some wires out for the LR soon, ...

Jas

*EDIT* Updated Valkyrie WIP 001 - Post #532
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    thats awesome!

hey ... when do we get some more updates from your Star Wars Stuff :D

Greets

Chris :)
    Atmo only? I thought all the Navy fliers could operate in space as well? How do they transport them planet-side? Presumably using the same mythical transports they use for things like Baneblades?
    @ ChrisGFX:

Thanks mate !, ... Having too much fun with 40K atm, ... but will return to my favourite SW Vehicle (AT-AT) as I want to complete that, ... a lot of updates and things planned for that later, all safely backed up on DVD waiting to resume again .... Just not sure when yet ...

@ DCB:

Yep, ... Valkyries & Vultures are Atmospheric Craft Only .... They transport them planet-side by MK I Mythics ... that also transport the Baneblade, Shadowblade, Stormblade, and extra crates of beer ....

When the Mythics are out of action in the W.T.F. Workshop, ... The Imperial Guard use their Enormica Ramp from Orbiting ships and slide vehicles down it to the planet's surface, .... The Space Marines always get a kick out of watching this procedure as they fly past in their Drop Pods ...

Jas
  • crazy stuff man :thumb:
  • Nice. I hope you will make punisher cannons too. :)
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    Binkerman wrote: »

Thanks mate !, ... Having too much fun with 40K atm, ... but will return to my favourite SW Vehicle (AT-AT) as I want to complete that, ... a lot of updates and things planned for that later, all safely backed up on DVD waiting to resume again .... Just not sure when yet ...
    Jas

Nice start om the Valkyrie Jas!

You know that AT-AT of yours is the reason I started modeling in the first place. Possibly one of the most detailed things....ever and for that I say YOU ARE THE MAN.: But then again you sort of got me hooked on warhammer. Like I told you before I hadnt even heard of this stuff untill you and Meph came along. Now ,well, warhammer stuff rocks too.
    Thanks Guys !! ....

Updated the first Valkyrie WIP pic ... with more of the block model seen, .... next WIP will start seeing the detailed parts being done ...

@ Tom Grays:

Think the Punisher Cannons appear on the Vendetta Variant of the Valkyrie ... I'm doing the Inquisitorial version which has the Hellstrike Missiles for the wings, .... The Vendetta also has different nose detail etc, ..so probably won't be going there, .... But I did do the Multiple Rocket Pod ... As I'm tempted to do the Vulture ... which can have those attached to the wings ... gotta stop getting tempted damn it ...

@ Road Warrior:

Thanks Travis, ... Didn't know that, ... very much appreciated mate !! .. Inspiring someone to get into CG Modelling is a compliment any artist would be proud of, ... Thanks for sharing that, ... I never think about those sort of things, ... So it's nice to hear :thumb: ...

So you're getting hooked on WarHammer 40K .. heh .. Watch out mate, ... it does get a grip on you, ... especially when you start reading the history of 40K, ... and understand what's going on in that Universe ... Then start browsing through the various Volumes of Imperial Armour Books, ... There's so much to choose from in terms of the possibilities modelling this stuff, ... mixed with what the other guys are doing here, .. it gets you motivated ...

Cheers !!

Jas

*EDIT* Pic Updated - Post #532
    Tsk, tsk. You heretics should actually play the game.....
    One last update on the First Valkyrie WIP pic showing the completed Block model,... I just wanted the main structure sorted in basic form so that I can adjust anything before doing the detailed version ....

@ DCB:

For me, .. maybe not the physical game, ... but will have my virtual 40K playground to run around in later :devil: ...

Jas

15VosW.jpg Full Size Pic
    New update for the Valkyrie, .. Started placing detail, most of which is still hard edged, ... until I check over things, .. then do the finishing touches .... Next update should have the Exterior done and edges sorted .... The Interior & Cockpit / Pilots will follow ...

Jas

40kvalkyriewip002.th.jpg Link to Full Size Pic
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Looking Ace Jas. :thumb: Nice work as usual.
    Cheers Lee !! ... Haven't completed the exterior yet, but thought I'd post an update for the Valkyrie ... Will look much better once the Wings & Main Top Engines are done ...

Jas

40kvalkyriewip003.th.jpg Link to Full Size Pic
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Looks pretty good to me. I like the details so far.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    Dont know how I missed these updates! Very nice Jas. I think the Valkyrie is becoming a new favorite.:thumb:
    Cheers guys !! :thumb: ... Rendered a few more shots of its current build ... Still adjustments to do etc, ... Will get the main engines done soon, ...

Jas

40kvalkyriewip004.th.jpg Link To Full Size Pic
  • Captain ShrikeCaptain Shrike0 Posts: 0Member
    i like what i see. you work quickly to have come from the blocking out so soon, that or my sense of time has escaped me yet again. either way well done! i should be getting back to my leman russ soon, if not now.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Nicely done indeed!
    Thanks Guys !! ... and Doug, you've just reminded me about something I was meant to send, .. sorry, forgot mate .... Will get that to you sometime tomorrow ...

Update on the Valkyrie, .... Still have a few more details / Exterior Modelling to do and edges to sort, ... Then on to the Cockpit Interior ....

Jas

Click on Link to View Full Size

6gw0q4.jpg Full Size Pic