Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DDark Mirror Universe WIP

• RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    If memory serves, it's a Churchill class ship. I remember seeing the blueprints of that thing in a convention as a kid and loving it, but I started disliking it as time went on. Still, your rendition looks pretty cool, maybe you'll change my mind about it (again:p).

I liked very much your design progression for the Ares, definitively moving more to the TOS side of designs as time went on.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    USSAresConceptSketches.jpg

I have been given permission from Alec Peters to post my original sketches of the U.S.S.Ares that
    I created before any Adobe Illustrator Images were done. As you can see from theses original Pen & Inks
    I wanted to go with the under slung nacelles.

Sean P. Tourangeau
    Pen & Ink Concepts
    Star Trek Axanar
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,755Member
    Quite lovely. I'd like to see another take on the TOS E
    Here is a late Christmas present for Alec Peters. I decided to draw him up as Captain Garth of Izar
    (which he will be portraying in Star Trek Axanar). In these Illustrations he is in the away team / landing party field jacket & the standard duty uniform.

Sean P. Tourangeau
    12-29-12
    Adobe Illustrator CS6
    99116.jpg99117.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Cool, nice to see him prior to his madness. I always wondered what is real name is. this "of Izar" is after all only a locative addition. It's like when I say I'm Asragin of Germany. So, question is, is Garth the surname or the given name...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804644 Posts: 11,200Member
    That's an interesting point, since they always just referred to him as Captain Garth, Lord Garth and Garth of Izar.

Great work as usual, Sean. I like that field jacket a lot. :)
    Here is a bunch of uniform concepts that I came up with in the process of designing the U.S.S.Ares crew uniforms for the Star Trek Axanar Production with Alec Peters

Sean P. Tourangeau
    Hand Drawn and Adobe Illustrator CS5 Combined
    99233.jpg
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    This look great.
    Are you going to do a different set for the female crew?
    @evil: That would make Garth a family name. I was looking him up on Memory Beta and found out that the full name b the novels is Kelvar Leonard Garth....

@Dark: Nice job on those uniforms....
    Here is a full color commission for kclcmdr.
    He wanted a wallpaper of the battleship New Jersey done up like the
    Space Battleship Yamato.

Sean P. Tourangeau
    100% created in Adobe Illustrator CS5
    1-4-2013
    99262.jpg
    Freak wrote: »
    This look great.
    Are you going to do a different set for the female crew?

here is a version of the female uniforms.
    99263.jpg
    battleship New Jersey looks great.

Nice Uniforms, though I was expecting something a little be more femaine.
    Alec did not want to go the miniskirt route since the Axanar story is set on a warship during a battle. So I gave what my art director wanted...lol
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    I like the jump suits most, or the jump suits with jackets for a practical uniform, which I have always felt ST lacked, with the exception of Enterprise.
    I really like your uniform designs, those are great. :)
    Thanks, I have alot of fun doing designs like these. Working in the TOS era but not in the era has been cool
    While drawing up Alec Peters for the Axanar Captain's Uniform I for some reason saw him as a Data look alike so for fun here he is done up as a Soong Type II Android.

Sean P. Tourangeau
    1-8-2013
    Adobe Illustrator CS6
    99320.jpg
    Here is a quick TNG Big Bang Trek image in honor of this weeks Big Bang. Here is Sheldon as Data.
    99321.jpg
    Hehe, somewhat really suiting him....
    But Sheldon always wears a blue uniform. :p (at least, he did every time I saw him in a ST uniform and it should be noted that I don't watch that show anymore) I like the mix of ST and Big Bang Theory emblems for the combadge.

Great drawings as usual, Sean. I really like the way you draw characters.
    LOL I love Sheldon, but Chris is right Sheldon always wears the blue uniform as Spock is his favorite Charticer.

would love to see a pic of the rest of the cast done in this way.
    Freak wrote: »
    LOL I love Sheldon, but Chris is right Sheldon always wears the blue uniform as Spock is his favorite Charticer.

would love to see a pic of the rest of the cast done in this way.

Yes he does, but in this up coming episode he is dressed like Data in Ops Gold
    Yeah, I just saw the commercial for that earlier and I thought about your drawing. ;)
    Hey all I have opened back up my commissions, please check out http://stourangeau.deviantart.com for my basic prices.
    Here is my latest commission for Glenn Judd. Here is the U.S.S.Renditai NCC-3150. It is a Churchill Tactical Cruiser and the designer is Brian Montgomery. Hopefully I did the design justice.

Sean P. Tourangeau
    1-13-13
    Adobe Illustrator CS6
    99435.jpg
    That looks great. I've been a fan of that design since the first time I saw it.
    Looks good.
    Here is the finished I.S.S.Akyazi variant I.S.S.Arbiter commission for Glenn Judd. This was fun since it is one of my favorite design from Kirk's era.
    99677.jpg
    Here is my latest commission for Glenn Judd. Here is the Imperial Starfleet vessel I.S.S.Renditai NCC-3150.
    It is a Churchill Tactical Cruiser Variant and the designer is Brian Montgomery. I added a Reliant like Rollbar and made minor adjustments to make her a little different from the Federation version. Hopefully I did the design justice.
    99678.jpg
    wow, great work... :)