Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DDark Mirror Universe WIP

• Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    Like Adam Ihle I am holding a Holiday Special, $25 Custom Ship Concept Designs. For the $25 you will receive the one drawing with no changes. So to get a concept that is best to your vision I ask that when you request a ship you give me as much detail and description of what you want. Then I will take it from there and draw up your ship. (They can be Trek, Star Wars, B5, Own Universe what ever era you like) These sketches will be hand drawn with a quick marker render. You can have the original sketch if you want, just make not of it when you order. Thanks and happy holidays.
  • akb1979akb1979172 Posts: 0Member
    That and thousands of Star Trek Online players fly that ship...like me! :D Well...when I get on to play it...which isn't that much...
    Besides my Star Trek ship collection I have a couple of TOS Battlestar Galactica
    models as well.

This first image is of my TOS Galactica that I have had since high school. I was going to have Tim Blanchard restore her. He did the custom base and a primer coat but was not able to finish her. So I finished her by adding battle damage and adding more paint and markings. Not film accurate at all but alot better that she look in my childhood.

Besides my Star Trek ship collection I have a couple of TOS Battlestar Galactica
    models as well.

The second is a model of a TOS Viper MK1 built and painted by Tim Blanchard.
    I added the Viper Helmet from one of my Galactica figures.

TOSGalactica.jpg

TOSViperMark1.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804665 Posts: 11,221Member
    Awesome stuff. I freakin' love BSG. And, as much as I enjoyed the reboot series and the models built for it, nothing compares to the original, IMHO. The painting on those is fantastic and very authentic looking. :)
    I got used to the new stuff, but the Original Viper is still the best. I also still LOVE the Original Baseships compared to what they had in the new series. Kinda interested in seeing what they do in the movie they are supposed to be working on.
    You mean Blood and Chrome or something else? I haven't heard about a movie, but that's not saying a lot as I don't exactly follow this stuff. ;)

Yeah, the base stars suck compared to the ones on the original series. I can handle the modified raiders, but not those. At least Blood and Chrome has something similar to the original raider, but the base stars still look FUBAR.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Dark Saber wrote: »

Interesting. I did watch the original BSG but I like RDM BSG much more. It had better stories. I'd watch a new movie. I did not like 1980 series at all.
    Lonewriter wrote: »
    Interesting. I did watch the original BSG but I like RDM BSG much more. It had better stories. I'd watch a new movie. I did not like 1980 series at all.
    Galactica 80 was a complete joke except for the final episode which was called "The Return of Starbuck". The original could of been so much more if given a true second season that it didn't get. The RDM Galactica was good as well and I watched every episode.
    I heard how bad it is, so I've never seen Galactica 1980. I started getting into the original when I watched a Sci-Fi channel marathon at my grandma's house when I was a teenager. ;)

Sweet, I hadn't heard anything about that. I could definitely go with more BSG. I hope he goes more with the original-style designs than the Ron Moore version did.
    The U.S.S.Titan sees action in the Hive Mini series!!!! Here is a preview from startrek.com. From this preview
    @Joe_Corroney has done a great job with her, and it looks like he even uses my bridge design. I am so happy!!! Thank you Joe.

http://www.startrek.com/article/trio-of-idw-comics-titles-out-on-wednesday

I may not be drawing for IDW but at least one of my creations has made it into their pages.

WEBStarTrek_TNG_HIVE-03-pr-6.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann712 Posts: 1,354Member
    Pretty awesome.
    Even if she is getting the crap pounded out of her...LOL
    Here is my first WIP shot of my I.S.S.Akyazi commission that I am working on for Glenn Judd.

Sean P. Tourangeau
    12-17-2012
    Adobe Illustrator CS6
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I've read the first Hive comic, can't wait to read more. Ill be playing with the Titan, VALKYRIE013 let me have a copy of her Titan mesh in object format so ill be texturing it soon.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work with the Ayakazi...
    That's great about the comic. I really like the art in the IDW comics and it looks like they did a great job on the Titan. The Akyazi also looks great. :)
    Lonewriter wrote: »
    I've read the first Hive comic, can't wait to read more. Ill be playing with the Titan, VALKYRIE013 let me have a copy of her Titan mesh in object format so ill be texturing it soon.

"Her" mesh? I don't know about you, but I don't know any women named Ken. :p
    Here is the second WIP shot of my I.S.S.Akyazi commission that I am working on for Glenn Judd.

Sean P. Tourangeau
    12-17-2012
    Adobe Illustrator CS6
    Here are 2 rejected concepts for ships in the Federation Fleet for Star Trek Axanar. The U.S.S.Tucker & U.S.S.Vegas

Sean P. Tourangeau
    Adobe Illustrator CS6
    12-23-2012
    Dang, those are some huge engines. ;)
    Indeed. Somewhat too big in my view, no wonder those designs got rejected, they just feel out of proportions.
    Compared to the Ares same scale and same scale as the ships they did use.
    Yeah, I was actually reading an article about that project earlier and looking at a couple of the ships. They do have huge nacelles. Though, weight wise, It think the final Ares looks better because of the hull extending out from the back of the saucer it. I think that balances it better.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann712 Posts: 1,354Member
    It's a tiny saucer. We just naturally assume all the saucers are the same size, and judge the proportions of the rest of the ship from that.
    Here are 3 early versions of the U.S.S. Ares that I came up with before reaching the final version that will be seen in the Axanar

Sean P. Tourangeau
    Adobe Illustrator CS5
    Here is the second WIP shot of the next starship I am working on for Glenn Judd the USS Renditai NCC-3150 For this he wants a Federation Starship verses the usually Section 31 starships that he orders

Sean P. Tourangeau
    12-27-12
    Adobe Illustrator CS6
    Hm... I like the second take of the Ares, but the pylons seem straight in the lower panel, while the upper one gives the impression that they're bend backwards (bersides, the playons of the first take were looking better IMHO).
    Here is the second WIP shot of the next starship I am working on for Glenn Judd the USS Renditai NCC-3150 For this he wants a Federation Starship verses the usually Section 31 starships that he orders

Sean P. Tourangeau
    12-27-12
    Adobe Illustrator CS6

That's really cool. Are you just doing the one view of that ship?
    That's really cool. Are you just doing the one view of that ship?

I will be doing all views of this ship. It is not one of my designs. I am going by black and white schematics that the client gave me.
    I will be doing all views of this ship. It is not one of my designs. I am going by black and white schematics that the client gave me.

I thought it looked kinda familiar. I'm sure I've seen the schematics on the web. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing your rendition of the other views because I really like the top view. :)