Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Don't be silly lennier, you know exactly what's been eating up my time in 3D lately :D.

Heh, according to Facebook you've been hiking in the mountains and/or bathing babies. None of which adds to the total number of awesome Star Wars CG models in the world.

Slacker!!

;) :P ;)
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    Don't be silly lennier, you know exactly what's been eating up my time in 3D lately :D.
    I know, but I thought you didn't want us to talk about your plans for global domination? ;)
    lennier1 wrote: »
    I know, but I thought you didn't want us to talk about your plans for global domination? ;)

Lord, if a guy with Ansel's knowledge wants world domination, be worried. Dude could probably cook up a batch of uber-Ebola quicker than I can make a bowl of Corn Flakes. :0
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    You think they even let the genes for ebola be in the same place outside of some fort? :)

NDA is a tricky thing - I think the existence of the project is now public, but I don't think I can share any shots of it.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    ETA on personal projects? Or you got more paid stuff lined up?.....
    Ansel, they already know you've been paid to build a life-sized replica of William ShatnerA’s ego.

It's your Star Wars designs they're interested in.
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah,lots of geebles on that face!
    Ansel heaven......
    jedi44 wrote: »
    Yeah,lots of geebles on that face!
    Ansel heaven......
    The face would be easy, but the guys ego is huge enough, it has caught a couple of smaller egos in an orbit around it.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    NDA is a tricky thing - I think the existence of the project is now public, but I don't think I can share any shots of it.
    Oooh, let the speculation commence. It's not 1313 is it?
    Hehe. I think since you've all seen the design (though not the mesh), I think I can tell you it's the Infinity.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    The Infinity from Halo 4 you mean? An awesome ship if that's the one you're talking about.
    Yes, I'm doing the cinematic one.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    In Game Cinematic?
    Knowing Ansel they'd probably be able to use his model to print/carve parts for a full-size ship in orbit.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    lol @ lennier1

Just curious, but what scale are you working too?
    You do realize the polygon counter usually raises the white flag whenever he loads one of his models?
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah I know, the East coast went dark the last time he did,...
    Oh it's only about the size of the Assertor mesh :).
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    do you know if you'll be able to show your work on the Infinity?
    I *think* I'll be able to show WIPs after release, but I will have to check.

Either way, you'll be able to see the moving and textured result on youtube shortly after launch, I'm sure :D.

Either way, you'll be able to see the moving and textured result on youtube shortly after launch, I'm sure :D.

Or on your XBox 360.

Kudos on the gig, mate. You certainly have earned it.
    Before that the company will surely release some promo material of that beast, giving Ansel something he can link to.
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Are you building the Infinity for the web series or in game Halo 4 cinematics?
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member

I figured it was you working on that one when i saw your name in the FTP. I may have had something to do with another large model, but lets leave it at that for now;)
    Damn, it's getting all MI6 around here.

Hush-hush!
    I wasn't here, you didn't see me, this never happened.
    Why is there a black helicopter hovering above Jedi's house?
    It's the UFO above that he wants to worry about...
  • ttandcttandc0 Posts: 0Member
    Some nice modelling in this thread.
    stonky wrote: »
    Are you building the Infinity for the web series or in game Halo 4 cinematics?

Web series? I'm building the hi-res cinematic Infinity, for either pre-rendered cutscene or the episodic content. To be honest I have no idea how it's getting organized :).