Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    Heh. I'm almost willing to bet (if I actually had money that is) that Fractal will do a variation of that USB plug-in image, just for laughs. And we will sit here in awe of the power-cable's greebling.

Poor Imperials. They should have popped the cash for the hybrid model, and not the pure electric.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,288Member
    You'd have to liquify a planet to get that enough fuel. And biodesel, forget it-- no one can eat that many french fries.

But the oldest tech is still the best, imagine that ship with a gazillion rowers in the galley.
  • anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    imagine the size of the freighter they'd need to carry around all the adapters...
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    anystar wrote: »
    imagine the size of the freighter they'd need to carry around all the adapters...

I presume they'd carry them here…? http://fractalsponge.net/gallery/tanker/index.html :P
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,288Member
    Can you imagine that thing with it's giant hood open with all the crew out in spacesuits waiting for AAA?
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    You'd have to liquify a planet to get that enough fuel. And biodesel, forget it-- no one can eat that many french fries.

But the oldest tech is still the best, imagine that ship with a gazillion rowers in the galley.

This is Fractal. You doubt his ability to draw something like that?????

:cool:
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    It's not really Star Wars, but I've finished touching up the Infinity from Halo4's Spartan Ops.

infinity_1_small.jpg
    infinity_2_small.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    good ship, nice greebles on the hull.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, cracking work on that asset. So did you get to design it as well, or were you given some concept art to work off of?
    All from concept art, and scaling and some basic shapes from the low-res game engine model.
    Cool, well great work, really builds nicely on the asset you see in game, basically a big brick in space as all Halo Earth ships are, but beautifully detailed. What's the glowy bit at the back? Stolen Covenant FTL drive tech or something? Was probably alluded to in the game, but I forget.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Forerunner tech wasn't it?
  • Lord OvermindLord Overmind0 Posts: 5Member
    Yep. A forerunner reactor serves as the Infinity's engine, designed by Dr. Halsey.
    Yeah, that's right, has been a while since I've played Halo 4, should check it out again for Spartan Ops chapter updates.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great! ItA’s probably all modelled and no bump maps, right?
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I knew something was oddly familiar about the greebles on the Infinity. :D
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Really nice renders, love the colour & ambient dirt on the ship, really grounds it (so to say ;)).

:)
    Looking great! ItA’s probably all modelled and no bump maps, right?

Naturally :) 25mil polys all told, minus the hangar, which was a different set by someone else.

Dirt shader applied to those renders, plus some composite aztecs and procedurals. Touched up the lights in post.
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Naturally :) 25mil polys all told, minus the hangar, which was a different set by someone else.

Dirt shader applied to those renders, plus some composite aztecs and procedurals. Touched up the lights in post.

25 mil polys?? Well naturally we need some closer-in renders to see all that fantastic detail! ;)
  • sumisu55sumisu55331 Posts: 0Member

Do you think you could post a left elevation shot of her??!!
    So, I'm still alive. Super busy at work, so not much time or motivation for 3d. Still, got some time and inspiration this week, and threw something together. Beginnings:

h1.jpg
    h2.jpg
    h3.jpg
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    Looks promising! :thumb:
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Imperial toilet plunger? Nice!
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    AT-AHT?
    Interesting, some post Jedi era Imperial Walker? Nice looking start.
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    YIIMM wrote: »
    AT-AHT?

Maybe AT-SHBW?
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    I'd say it looks a bit like a mix of elements from this "Ultra Heavy" walker and the "heavy walker" right below it following the link, but I'm not sure. The leg in Fractal's pictures looks a bit too long and weak to be carrying a lot of weight…
    Yeah, it looks more like the leg for a light to medium sized walker to me. Especially with all those points of articulation, looks like it is to be the leg of something quite nimble, or at least very versatile. Has joints and hinges all over the shop.
    The flexibility is to fix some of the issues I had designing the AT-SE leg, along with the AT-AT, which looks brilliant but actually can't turn...
    Interesting. So you're looking at ways to solve that so it would actually work correctly, rather than having to fudge it in animation? This should prove pretty intriguing.

So is this for another walker of your own design, or an existing one?