Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    i kinda like it. judging the scale by the radar dome, it looks like a smaller "fast attack" type
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    I'd like to make Strike someday, but short of a blocked-out hull I don't have anything atm.

update:
    giel37_small.jpg
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Epic!
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    A Admiral Giel's ship... very nice!!! =D
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome, was one of my fave ship designs from the Marvel Star Wars comics run this, great to see such high detailed meat applied to the bones of this great iconic Star Destroyer design.
  • skynet3020skynet30200 Posts: 0Member
    This stuff blows me away. I downloaded an awesome Star Destroyer model years back when I started playing around this stuff and was amazed by its intricacy. I figured that a team of people must have worked on it. Recently I found out that you did this alone, are still at it, but have increased the detail 10-20x since then. You developed some very strong skills here. Keep 'em coming - they're a real treat to see.
    Just screwing around with this:
    coronet2.jpg
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    Just screwing around with this:
    coronet2.jpg

Ha!

interesting, is that the sun crusher? Where did you get the pattern idea from? I used to have the micro machines toy of this model if thats what it is.
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    this its a mandolorian royal transport from clone wars series
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work on both things. I think the Mandalorian transport was probably inspired by the Sun Crusher.
    Which means (by the in-universe timeline) that the Sun Crusher was inspired by the Royal Liner...
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    The Sun Crusher was more conical in shape though wasn't it? Like a big ice-cream cone in space. The transport is more of an aerodynamic wing/fin shape pointing down with the main bulk of the ship atop it. The design reminds me more of a B-Wing in some ways. Either way, a nice take on the design.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Looks great, Boss.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice :), and it must be refreshing for you to do something of this style, are we seeing a new side ;)
  • Seeing as halo 4 was just released... you know... can we get some nice shots of the infinity? :)
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Seeing as halo 4 was just released... you know... can we get some nice shots of the infinity? :)
    Dug up some energy/time to finish the boring bits of Giel's ship:
    giel38.jpg

Just the prow hangar bay left, and it's ready for assembly/rendering.

As for the Halo 4 Spartan Ops thing, I apparently have to wait for a bit before showing any WIPs or renders, but they'll be coming, no worries :)
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    You might think it boring. I on the other hand, have been waiting impatiently to see what this bad boy looks like underneath. :P

Now I'm sated. :D
  • EtahnAbahtEtahnAbaht0 Posts: 0Member
    Gorgeous work. There is something so solid about this vessel. It feels like a KGV to the Bellator's Hood or Renown. You have me very interested with this prow hanger-bay. The recessed hangers you shown us before are fascinating, be curious to see what form and function this prow hanger takes.
    EtahnAbaht wrote: »
    Gorgeous work. There is something so solid about this vessel. It feels like a KGV to the Bellator's Hood or Renown. You have me very interested with this prow hanger-bay. The recessed hangers you shown us before are fascinating, be curious to see what form and function this prow hanger takes.

To use 20th century equivalents, I'd say:
    Eclipse = A-150
    Executor = Iowa
    Assertor = Montana
    Bellator = Vanguard
    Praetor (this one) = KGV
  • EtahnAbahtEtahnAbaht0 Posts: 0Member
    To use 20th century equivalents, I'd say:
    Eclipse = A-150
    Executor = Iowa
    Assertor = Montana
    Bellator = Vanguard
    Praetor (this one) = KGV

Ah, yes. I had forgotten Vanguard but she did share those same beautiful, flared lines - without the compromises for speed.

I am ashamed to say that I had to look up A-150. A very interesting nut for a Montana to crack.

Again, to echo others, I do love these "boring" bits. The decision to focus on heavier ball-turreted HTLs is intriguing.
  • grifxogrifxo0 Posts: 0Member
    you should put a portfolio together and send it to disney. have them get you on that episode 7 team.
  • anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    grifxo wrote: »
    you should put a portfolio together and send it to disney. have them get you on that episode 7 team.

Lucasfilm, maybe. but Disney? Disney is "a soul sucking, shut up draw what you're told and like it, or work somewhere else" kind of company.
    Finally, some motivation and time for 3D. Hangar area at the prow.

Actually quite a bit of docking room, simply by virtue of how big the ship is. Could easily accommodate a Group, though not with the easiest of retrievals or storage/maintenance.

giel39.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I'd say the lower one is for when they need to exit with great speeds (gunboats, invasion vessels, etc.), and the upper one, being hidden and not directly approachable, is for arrivals and departures of dignitaries, general transfer and stuff (things that happen in a non-alarm situation).

I like the idea very much.
  • JuanskiJuanski331 Posts: 30Member
    Finally, some motivation and time for 3D. Hangar area at the prow.
    giel39.jpg

Maybe I spend way too much time in front of the computer, but the hangars remind me of USB ports.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,288Member
    Prepare to hook up the Printer!
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    My first thought was "Errrm, DVI ports..." :p
  • TanzTanz0 Posts: 0Member
    This is my first time posting on here and I just have to say that you do amazing work fractalsponge :thumb: and it was awesome seeing your work in the book. I can only hope that some of your would get put into one of the new films.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,288Member
    This is what I was thinking of...

recharge.jpg
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Heh :D