Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    scorpius wrote: »
    Well baring in mind it's taken me over a year to do all those, albeit with a fair few gaps in between for various reasons. It's quite amazing for me to look back at the original Argo and compare it to the Icarus...although on the other hand quite sad to then look at the level of detail some people around here get into their models which put mine completely in the shade.
    Well I'm in the same boat since over a year I have done about 4 ships. I guess thats what happens when 3d modeling is your hobby. ;)
    Your work scorpius got my mind going so here are a few new designs.

Since the upcoming new ship form Atlantis "the Phoenix" turned out to be another Daedalus class I started my own Daedalus refit.
    phoenixviewsnov09a001ae7.th.jpg
    http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6374/phoenixviewsnov09a001ae7.jpg
    phoenixviewsnov09b001px7.th.jpg
    http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3548/phoenixviewsnov09b001px7.jpg

And since my fleet is missing an Al'kesh equivalent. (I'm slowly working my way down to fighters :) )
    maraviewsnov9c001pv8.th.jpg
    http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6404/maraviewsnov9c001pv8.jpg
    maraviewsnov9d001kw8.th.jpg
    http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/982/maraviewsnov9d001kw8.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Looking forward seeing these designs fleshed out RJB!
    mikala wrote: »
    Looking forward seeing these designs fleshed out RJB!
    The second one I hope won't take too long. It's nice working on a smaller ship for a change of pace.
  • peragrinperagrin0 Posts: 0Member
    I like the brig locations on the smaller ship RJB. ;) very original. though i do like the overall design. Don't forget to do a sleek scout ship that's half again smaller.
    peragrin wrote: »
    I like the brig locations on the smaller ship RJB. ;) very original. though i do like the overall design. Don't forget to do a sleek scout ship that's half again smaller.
    Ok scout ship then a fighter next. lol
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Since the upcoming new ship form Atlantis "the Phoenix" turned out to be another Daedalus class I started my own Daedalus refit.

I knew that the Phoenix was coming up..... but where'd you hear that it's just another 304?:confused:

Love the new ships by the way......Don't think there's been anything from you that i've not liked:thumb:
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    I knew that the Phoenix was coming up..... but where'd you hear that it's just another 304?:confused:

Love the new ships by the way......Don't think there's been anything from you that i've not liked:thumb:
    From Joseph Mallozzi blog. He released pictures of the bridge and we worked off the displays to see if it was a new ship.

Here is a thread about it.
    New Ship *The Last Man spoilers* - GateWorld Forum

And thank you, I'm glad you like the ships so far. :)
    Funny enough i'm actually lurking in that thread right now and i've just found the images you mentioned.

shame it's looking to be a normal -304, i'd like to see TPTB create a new ship class
    Funny enough i'm actually lurking in that thread right now and i've just found the images you mentioned.

shame it's looking to be a normal -304, i'd like to see TPTB create a new ship class
    Well there is always season 5. :)
  • boberth2oboberth2o0 Posts: 0Member
    Harray for new ships :)
    47.jpg
    48.jpg
    49.jpg
    Looks good.... whats that little ship?
  • Nice ships and I'll be posting some pictures later after I work on my turrets a little bit since I finaly have a design that may work:)
  • Heres some ships I've been working on.

Prometheus

F-302

Puddle Jumper

My ship The Nemesis

LostCity.jpg
  • Here's a render I did a few days ago of my latest model..

USS_SIRIUS_by_ZakeD.png
  • scootesscootes171 Posts: 0Member
    I've always been a fan of the design scootes, looking good. What have you changed from the original version?

I have changed the superstuckture on it(the main hull) I have includded pics of both the old version and the new one for compairission for you

and to all that posted ships I cant rember who did but you all did a good job :thumb:

and I will also be willing to give my ship/ships to someone to texture/ greeble if they want to and will make atleast the main hull(if I have the time) for anyone that wants as to help with the storie

Regards Jesh
  • Anyway, I have a few updates although they aren't major ones and I'm still stuck on which type of turret base to use.....but at least the engines are working.........almost. Help would be appreciated:). The first two images show how they look but I'm stuck on how to use the same lighting effect of the secondary aurora type engines on the larger set:confused:. In the third one you can see how the barrels of the turrets will look. And the last one shows the two other things I tried to make last year:D, in the foreground is my attempt at making an Ori ship and in the background is my attempt at a Super MAC Station from Halo 2. What do you think of all of those? The Aurora class is made by Elowan I believe and it's available in the meshes section, now if only I could get a low poly one........

*Late update but I was able to make the main aurora style engines glow! It's the last image and I altered the engine flames since blue is the hottest colour in space, too bad the inside part of the sphere didn't turn blue. Now I just need to know what to do to get rid of the brighter overlap areas.*
    Anyway, I have a few updates although they aren't major ones and I'm still stuck on which type of turret base to use.....but at least the engines are working.........almost. Help would be appreciated:). The first two images show how they look but I'm stuck on how to use the same lighting effect of the secondary aurora type engines on the larger set:confused:. In the third one you can see how the barrels of the turrets will look. And the last one shows the two other things I tried to make last year:D, in the foreground is my attempt at making an Ori ship and in the background is my attempt at a Super MAC Station from Halo 2. What do you think of all of those? The Aurora class is made by Elowan I believe and it's available in the meshes section, now if only I could get a low poly one........

*Late update but I was able to make the main aurora style engines glow! It's the last image and I altered the engine flames since blue is the hottest colour in space, too bad the inside part of the sphere didn't turn blue. Now I just need to know what to do to get rid of the brighter overlap areas.*

Wow how large is that ship?
    Looks good.... whats that little ship?

For the little ship im thinking its going to be a frigate, but im still not sure about what type it should be. Heres a larger wip of it.

Crusier1.jpg
  • scorpiusscorpius332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work everyone, looking good. I'm loving the new ships boberth2o, these newer renders do the models much more justice. And this smaller one screams frigate to me personally.

Great mix of Tau'ri and Lantean design Zake. I love hybrid designs so nice one.

I like the shape of the carrier especially Lantean_Canuck, although I'm still not entirely sure why they'd ever need a ship to carry Daedalus class ships and the like, perhaps you explained that previously and I missed it though.
    scootes wrote: »
    and I will also be willing to give my ship/ships to someone to texture/ greeble if they want to and will make atleast the main hull(if I have the time) for anyone that wants as to help with the storie

Regards Jesh

I'd personally like to have a go at detailing it if that's alright. Like I said before I've been a fan of the design since I saw it as it's one of the really original designs we've had in here.

Here's the first in a series of renders I'm making comprising my entire fleet. This is basically meant to be almost like they're lined up in a museum or something, on display. I intend on making a more action oriented image, albeit with the still untextured ships.
    Nice work everyone, looking good. I'm loving the new ships boberth2o, these newer renders do the models much more justice. And this smaller one screams frigate to me personally.

Great mix of Tau'ri and Lantean design Zake. I love hybrid designs so nice one.

I like the shape of the carrier especially Lantean_Canuck, although I'm still not entirely sure why they'd ever need a ship to carry Daedalus class ships and the like, perhaps you explained that previously and I missed it though.

I'd personally like to have a go at detailing it if that's alright. Like I said before I've been a fan of the design since I saw it as it's one of the really original designs we've had in here.

Here's the first in a series of renders I'm making comprising my entire fleet. This is basically meant to be almost like they're lined up in a museum or something, on display. I intend on making a more action oriented image, albeit with the still untextured ships.

Nice ships there scorpius, are those all yours?
    The models themselves are all mine. The Ares is being built from Bar's design and the Artemis is based on a design posted on SFM by bagera4000, although only the basic shape is from the original design, everything else will be my own doing.
    The models themselves are all mine. The Ares is being built from Bar's design and the Artemis is based on a design posted on SFM by bagera4000, although only the basic shape is from the original design, everything else will be my own doing.

Mmmmm interesting, you know what, you should put a daedalus class ship in there for scale reference. So we know how big those are

sure will be more than happy to let you do that. i myself am not good at greebleing and last time I tried my comp crashed and I lost the work I did on it. I can do the textureing but like just about everyone else on here I dont like to do it :lol:also when and if I ever get done I have plans on making a plastic version of Hammond to hang from my ceiling :D scorp I will send you the latest version of hammond to you tonight. and thank you for voulunteering your time and effourt to do that for me.
    boberth2o wrote: »
    For the little ship im thinking its going to be a frigate, but im still not sure about what type it should be. Heres a larger wip of it.

Crusier1.jpg

very nice ship you got there. to me it looks like you got some inspiration from a russian akula class sub :lol: it looks good thou, question; does it have a cloaking device on it? would kinda fit the design imho.

@ Lantean
    very nice job on that ship. and boberth. that ship is massive! my ship is about 1.5X the size of deady and my ship is a spec on his landing platform :lol:

Regards Jesh
  • Athena class Battleship.:flippy::flippy:
  • Seriously...you guys need to do a group render of as many ships together in one big scene....
    now thats a nice ship! althou the pic seems abit unclearlike the jpeg did not save right. couple questions for you. is it a tau-ri ship or altearin?, what kind of armaments does it have and can we get a brief backstorie on it as to better asses when it and why it was made. either way I like that design very good job on it :thumb:

and btw welcome to the comunity :) and congrats on your first post :thumb:
    ray243 wrote: »
    Seriously...you guys need to do a group render of as many ships together in one big scene....

I think we are working on that althou there are many problems that I am sure that someone will explain shortly. that idea has come up several times before

Regards Jesh
  • thank i am from germini and me english is batt the ship is a tau-ri ship and i don´t no about the wepons
    sure will be more than happy to let you do that. i myself am not good at greebleing and last time I tried my comp crashed and I lost the work I did on it. I can do the textureing but like just about everyone else on here I dont like to do it :lol:also when and if I ever get done I have plans on making a plastic version of Hammond to hang from my ceiling :D scorp I will send you the latest version of hammond to you tonight. and thank you for voulunteering your time and effourt to do that for me.

It'll be my pleasure mate.

I've actually just started having a go at texturing the Icarus. I think I'm getting close to a colouring I like, I just can't find any decent panelling I like and whenever I've tried to make my own in the past they've always come out looking like crap. If anybody has any tips for that please let me know.
    boberth2o wrote: »
    Mmmmm interesting, you know what, you should put a daedalus class ship in there for scale reference. So we know how big those are

Well the Icarus is basically the same size as the Daedalus, it's essentially just an Asgard upgraded Daedalus built from scratch
  • 1.5Km long
    I think we are working on that althou there are many problems that I am sure that someone will explain shortly. that idea has come up several times before

Regards Jesh

Yeah the idea has been suggested quite a few times before. There are a couple of problems with it. One is the fact that we don't all use the same programs and conversion can sometimes be a bit tricky. Few of us actually finish the majority of our ships lol. Also, if we could actually get all the ships opened in one program to render them out it would have to be a massive image to see them all properly.

There are a few of us though that have a fair collection of other people's meshes from this thread though, so we could certainly get a few different people's ships into a single scene.
This discussion has been closed.