Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DSketchbook Dump

• MasterjediMasterjedi0 Posts: 0Member
    We are working on some characters for an independent study project I am working on with some students... I would like to show them this guy to get the wheels rolling... excellent work!
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    Here are some character studies for characters that I will be drawing for an issue of Action Force from Rising Sun Comics.

Here is a link to other titles put out by Rising Sun Comics and Jamar Miller. http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/store/002/index.html

Sean Tourangeau 2-15-2010
    here is the second batch
    Here is another Character from Action Force "Knuck"
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    these are really great though they remind me of G.I. Joe
    Action Force Is a offshoot of the Joe Line. It is what they go by overseas. The toy line is a mix of alot of different toylines.
    The majority are Joe Repaints.
    Here are two more studies
    Here is another 2 character studies for characters that I will be drawing for an issue of Action Force from Rising Sun Comics.

Here is a link to other titles put out by Rising Sun Comics and Jamar Miller. http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/store/002/index.html

Sean Tourangeau 2-22-2010
    They used both names here in the UK. most of the toy's where G.I Joe, the cartoon changed title every now and then if I remember correctly.
    Cobra!!!!
    Looks great
    Here is a bunch of my old High School/ Pre Art School art.

I decided to scan it in since I wanted aback up in case anything happened to the originals.

Some of you out there that went to High School with me knew that spent a lot of time drawing.

I really didn't get serious until my senior year. That is when I wanted to be either a comicbook artist or
    In advertising. Well guess what it happened, I am doing what I planned. I may not be a big Comicbook artist
    but I have been lucky enough to get published here and there. I am working in the advertising field.

I wish I could tell myself 20 years ago not to worry everything would work out.

Sean Tourangeau
    Artwork 1986 -1992
    more
  • gernot66gernot660 Posts: 0Member
    a q' from a old hippie
    why does have all of 'em have to look so stereotype
    one could think all have vidsted the same arts school.

sorry if i had to state that, but i don't like that anime style at all, it's not "our" style, don't cover, invent! even if it might not look that stunning on first bite, second view brings up the soul of a artwork, imo. animes got no soul! i really hate that some has to cover work that's been a work covered from ours, go back to the beginnings, we have our own style. not programmed, studied and clearly for a certain goal constructed things,
    that's why they got no soul. checking every bit of what colors and shapes bring up in a visitors mind to control his needs and longings. them mindbenders, i hate!
    gernot66 wrote: »
    a q' from a old hippie
    why does have all of 'em have to look so stereotype
    one could think all have vidsted the same arts school.

sorry if i had to state that, but i don't like that anime style at all, it's not "our" style, don't cover, invent! even if it might not look that stunning on first bite, second view brings up the soul of a artwork, imo. animes got no soul! i really hate that some has to cover work that's been a work covered from ours, go back to the beginnings, we have our own style. not programmed, studied and clearly for a certain goal constructed things,
    that's why they got no soul. checking every bit of what colors and shapes bring up in a visitors mind to control his needs and longings. them mindbenders, i hate!

Okay I am assuming that you are refering to my 20 year old Art that I posted last. I agree when I was young I had a Japanese influence. But I don't think I do with regards to my work today. I have a lot of influence from a lot of today comic artists, but I am not into todays anime at all.
    I love Space Battleship Yamato and Robotech in my youth, but I haven't been really interested in anything out there today.
  • gernot66gernot660 Posts: 0Member
    yes if i havent my calmmedown, i can be a naughty boy, i know.
    gernot66 wrote: »
    yes if i havent my calmmedown, i can be a naughty boy, i know.

No Problem, I know my art in High school had the Anime feel, but I feel I grew out of it as I progressed and found my own style of art.
    here is a sketch from the latest page I am working on.
    Here is another Sketch from the latest page I am working on
    Nice stuff.
    For today's Sketch time between ads uploading
    I decided to try drawing some quick KISS sketch cards.

Hopefully these are acceptable to the KISS Army. This was
    my first time Drawing them on paper. I have done a few KISS Pumkins in the past.

Sean Tourangeau
    9-10-10
    For today's Sketch time between ads uploading
    I decided to try drawing some quick marvel Character sketch cards.

Top Left - x-men Forever Sabortooth (Blind)
    Top Right - Wolverine (Nuff Said)
    Bottom Left - Original Universe Nick Fury
    Bottom Right - Cyclop (Scott "Slim" Summers)

Sean Tourangeau
    9-13-10
    Today I only had time for two sketch cards. Here are G1 Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.

Sean Tourangeau
    9-16-10

PrimeBeeSketchcards.jpg
    $15.00 Commission from Deviantart.com
    For: M1A2Tanker of the Character TAC
    Sean Tourangeau9-20Colored Pencil

CommissionTAC.jpg
    I recently purchased an iPad, and have been playing around with it for the past couple of days., purchasing and downloading apps. One app I purchased is called Brushes.
    it is a digital painting app like Sketchbookpro (Which I downloaded as well).

What you see here is my first painting attempt in Brushes.

Sean Tourangeau
    Created using an iPad and the App Brushes.
    www.brushesapp.com

Prime.jpg
    Well here is my second iPad brushes sketch painting done in the app Brushes. I am starting to get the feel of the app and the touch screen with the iPad. More paintings to come in the future.

Sean Tourangeau

9-22-10
    www.brushesapp.com
    Here is another in a series of digital drawings learning drawing apps on the iPad.

These were quick sketches done in the Sketchbook Pro App.

Iknow these aren't traditional sketches from my sketchbook but I guess the iPad is
    my new "Digital Sketchbook"
    :devil::devil::devil:

Sean Tourangeau
    9-24-2010
    Sketchbook Pro App for the iPad
    Here is another in a series of digital drawings learning drawing apps on the iPad.

Here is another illustration in Sketchbook Pro.

The final turned out okay I guess, but I liked my sketch layer better. I figured I would post both.

Sean Tourangeau
    9-26-2010
    Sketchbook Pro App for the iPad
    Here is a series of 5 minute digital sketches done in Sketchbook Pro for
    the iPad that I did while watching TV last night.

Sean Tourangeau
    9-26-2010
    Sketchbook Pro app for the iPad

5minuteiSketches2.jpg
    Here are two more "isketches" done on the iPad las night.
    little longer than 5minutes.

Enjoy