Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLewis' Constitution Refit

2»

• scifiericscifieric979 Posts: 1,361Member
    Oh man, this is just beautiful!
    lewisniven
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2179 UKPosts: 417Member
    edited June 5 #33
    First pass at a hull material

t1af01kxy3de.png
    hv8uey3ybmsw.png
    ulwcqecvxo9n.png
    Post edited by lewisniven on
    rojrenLizzy777xiaorobearAel'sashleytingerStarCruiserwibblePreVizJESBillynom8and 4 others.
    1701dproject.blogspot.com
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972225 Posts: 1,136Member
    Looking amazing.
    lewisniven
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! :)
  • johnl2112johnl211230 Posts: 38Member
    @lewisniven do you accept some sort of remuneration in exchange for personal use of your models?
    johnl2112 wrote: »
    @lewisniven do you accept some sort of remuneration in exchange for personal use of your models?

Potentially, depends what you're after really. This one is being built for a specific project though so won't be in a position to share it for a while. Did you have something specific in mind?

Modelling 85% ish complete now I'd say. Had another go at the blend of the pylon in to the hull, this is better I think;

zffh8f8a5pfy.png
    Lizzy777Ael'sashleytingerxiaorobearStarCruisertrekkiWarp Propulsion Laboratorysrspicerpubliusrcaveat_imperatorand 1 other.
  • johnl2112johnl211230 Posts: 38Member
    edited June 15 #38
    Honestly, It would just be to have a ship of similar scale and level of complexity, to benchmark my stuff against in a scene & have examples of good topology in a star ship shaped/size thing to reference against.

There is a TON of that for real world objects, and small scale stuff. But "hardbody modeling of things 1000+ feet long" I haven't found much of.

But if this is for a project, especially a commission for someone else, and especially if you are trying to not get Paramount all aware of you, I totally get the hesitancy.

I could probably get something similar to what I want by finding a good study model of an Oasis of the Seas class ship

Edit: I should also point out that I am a newb, in my 40s, not a graphics editor and my interest in this starts and ends at making cool Star Trek ships eventually before I die of old age... so I am in no danger of becoming a competitor or trying to make money off of your work. Its literally I have an hour or so a week tops, to maybe fart around in blender. (My somewhat neglected ship I need to update about is being made in shapr3d which is great for solid surface, but the .obj it outputs is best described as "what's a quad?" - so someday I need to learn to do this "right" )
    Post edited by johnl2112 on
  • ashleytingerashleytinger951 Central OhioPosts: 873Member
    Gorgeous!
    lewisniven
    johnl2112 wrote: »
    Honestly, It would just be to have a ship of similar scale and level of complexity, to benchmark my stuff against in a scene & have examples of good topology in a star ship shaped/size thing to reference against.

There is a TON of that for real world objects, and small scale stuff. But "hardbody modeling of things 1000+ feet long" I haven't found much of.

But if this is for a project, especially a commission for someone else, and especially if you are trying to not get Paramount all aware of you, I totally get the hesitancy.

I could probably get something similar to what I want by finding a good study model of an Oasis of the Seas class ship

Edit: I should also point out that I am a newb, in my 40s, not a graphics editor and my interest in this starts and ends at making cool Star Trek ships eventually before I die of old age... so I am in no danger of becoming a competitor or trying to make money off of your work. Its literally I have an hour or so a week tops, to maybe fart around in blender. (My somewhat neglected ship I need to update about is being made in shapr3d which is great for solid surface, but the .obj it outputs is best described as "what's a quad?" - so someday I need to learn to do this "right" )

PM'd.

5zpbe6y3er9f.png
    xiaorobearWarp Propulsion LaboratoryAel'sRekkertLizzy777trekkiashleytingerStarCruisersrspicerpubliusrand 3 others.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger951 Central OhioPosts: 873Member
    All you need is the little spacesuit person waving. Fantastic
  • bernard guignardbernard guignard334 Posts: 48Member
    Looking really good keep it up =)
    publiusr
    8tpcboqwlpo5.png
    cmubwjo5duqn.png
    Rekkertashleytingercaveat_imperatorStarCruiserAel'sLizzy777rojrentrekkiWarp Propulsion LaboratoryHunter G
  • markmasseymarkmassey459 StaffordshirePosts: 576Member
    I dont have much more to say but join everyone saying how gorgeous she looks....
    lewisniven
    mtbpdsn47ud9.png
    5kdwx3t8fff2.png
    p0no6aqjh452.png
    rojrenLizzy777Ael'sStarriggerStarCruiserRekkertashleytingertrekkicaveat_imperatorBillynom8and 1 other.
  • StarriggerStarrigger235 Posts: 632Member
    This by far, is my all time fav version! You have done it justice! (and then some)
    lewisniven
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
  • trekkitrekki589 Posts: 1,149Member
    Yes , that is very nice.
    lewisniven
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 95Member
    A thing of beauty. Cannot wait to see it finished.
    lewisniven
  • NevetsNevets196 EarthPosts: 125Member
    Beautiful. Love the NO aztec version. It looks more advanced without it.
    lewisniven
    Nevets wrote: »

In some ways I agree, but it just looks like a cg object without.

wr0hs9v07jcn.png
    rojrenStarriggerStarCruiserashleytingertrekkiLizzy777Ael'sWarp Propulsion LaboratoryHunter GBillynom8
  • Lizzy777Lizzy777898 PNWPosts: 673Member
    If this had witness marks from construction, handling, and filming, I could be convinced it was a studio-scale build.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • srspicersrspicer311 Posts: 280Member
    Nevets wrote: »
    ^^^^Agreed with above^^^^^
    Never been a fan of the heavy Aztec deco.
    Just awesome work!!