Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLewis' Constitution Refit

• scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Oh man, this is just beautiful!
    lewisniven
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    edited June 2022 #33
    First pass at a hull material

t1af01kxy3de.png
    hv8uey3ybmsw.png
    ulwcqecvxo9n.png
    Post edited by lewisniven on
    rojrenLizzy777xiaorobearAel'sashleytingerStarCruiserwibblePreVizJESBillynom8and 4 others.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Looking amazing.
    lewisniven
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! :)
  • johnl2112johnl211248 Posts: 54Member
    @lewisniven do you accept some sort of remuneration in exchange for personal use of your models?
    johnl2112 wrote: »
    @lewisniven do you accept some sort of remuneration in exchange for personal use of your models?

Potentially, depends what you're after really. This one is being built for a specific project though so won't be in a position to share it for a while. Did you have something specific in mind?

Modelling 85% ish complete now I'd say. Had another go at the blend of the pylon in to the hull, this is better I think;

zffh8f8a5pfy.png
    Lizzy777Ael'sashleytingerxiaorobearStarCruisertrekkiWarp Propulsion Laboratorysrspicerpubliusrcaveat_imperatorand 1 other.
  • johnl2112johnl211248 Posts: 54Member
    edited June 2022 #38
    Honestly, It would just be to have a ship of similar scale and level of complexity, to benchmark my stuff against in a scene & have examples of good topology in a star ship shaped/size thing to reference against.

There is a TON of that for real world objects, and small scale stuff. But "hardbody modeling of things 1000+ feet long" I haven't found much of.

But if this is for a project, especially a commission for someone else, and especially if you are trying to not get Paramount all aware of you, I totally get the hesitancy.

I could probably get something similar to what I want by finding a good study model of an Oasis of the Seas class ship

Edit: I should also point out that I am a newb, in my 40s, not a graphics editor and my interest in this starts and ends at making cool Star Trek ships eventually before I die of old age... so I am in no danger of becoming a competitor or trying to make money off of your work. Its literally I have an hour or so a week tops, to maybe fart around in blender. (My somewhat neglected ship I need to update about is being made in shapr3d which is great for solid surface, but the .obj it outputs is best described as "what's a quad?" - so someday I need to learn to do this "right" )
    Post edited by johnl2112 on
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Gorgeous!
    lewisniven
    johnl2112 wrote: »
    Honestly, It would just be to have a ship of similar scale and level of complexity, to benchmark my stuff against in a scene & have examples of good topology in a star ship shaped/size thing to reference against.

There is a TON of that for real world objects, and small scale stuff. But "hardbody modeling of things 1000+ feet long" I haven't found much of.

But if this is for a project, especially a commission for someone else, and especially if you are trying to not get Paramount all aware of you, I totally get the hesitancy.

I could probably get something similar to what I want by finding a good study model of an Oasis of the Seas class ship

Edit: I should also point out that I am a newb, in my 40s, not a graphics editor and my interest in this starts and ends at making cool Star Trek ships eventually before I die of old age... so I am in no danger of becoming a competitor or trying to make money off of your work. Its literally I have an hour or so a week tops, to maybe fart around in blender. (My somewhat neglected ship I need to update about is being made in shapr3d which is great for solid surface, but the .obj it outputs is best described as "what's a quad?" - so someday I need to learn to do this "right" )

PM'd.

5zpbe6y3er9f.png
    xiaorobearWarp Propulsion LaboratoryAel'sRekkertLizzy777trekkiashleytingerStarCruisersrspicerpubliusrand 4 others.
    All you need is the little spacesuit person waving. Fantastic
  • bernard guignardbernard guignard334 Posts: 48Member
    Looking really good keep it up =)
    publiusr
    8tpcboqwlpo5.png
    cmubwjo5duqn.png
    Rekkertashleytingercaveat_imperatorStarCruiserAel'sLizzy777rojrentrekkiWarp Propulsion LaboratoryHunter Gand 2 others.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I dont have much more to say but join everyone saying how gorgeous she looks....
    lewisniven
    mtbpdsn47ud9.png
    5kdwx3t8fff2.png
    p0no6aqjh452.png
    rojrenLizzy777Ael'sStarriggerStarCruiserRekkertashleytingertrekkicaveat_imperatorBillynom8and 3 others.
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    This by far, is my all time fav version! You have done it justice! (and then some)
    lewisniven
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Yes , that is very nice.
    lewisniven
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    A thing of beauty. Cannot wait to see it finished.
    lewisniven
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Beautiful. Love the NO aztec version. It looks more advanced without it.
    lewisnivenpubliusr
    Nevets wrote: »

In some ways I agree, but it just looks like a cg object without.

wr0hs9v07jcn.png
    rojrenStarriggerStarCruiserashleytingertrekkiLizzy777Ael'sWarp Propulsion LaboratoryHunter GBillynom8and 6 others.
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    If this had witness marks from construction, handling, and filming, I could be convinced it was a studio-scale build.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Nevets wrote: »
    ^^^^Agreed with above^^^^^
    Never been a fan of the heavy Aztec deco.
    Just awesome work!!
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    Following this project. Can't wait to see the result, it looks so good so far!

I'm curious, what program do you use for textures? I've been trying to learn how to texture so I'm curious
    lewisniven
    edited August 2022 #55
    Hunter G wrote: »
    Following this project. Can't wait to see the result, it looks so good so far!

I'm curious, what program do you use for textures? I've been trying to learn how to texture so I'm curious

Thanks man! Everything was done in substance designer. For the blue areas I drew the masks on the actual geo first then baked that out.
    Post edited by lewisniven on
  • eagledocf15eagledocf15357 Houston Texas Posts: 46Member
    Love the development on this model.
    lewisniven
    Miniscule update as I get back to this, RCS thrusters done.

p6y8fa5m0qko.png
    wibbleSCE2AuxLizzy777rojrenStarCruiserpubliusrWarp Propulsion LaboratorysrspicerashleytingerAel'sand 3 others.
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    It's so pretty O_O
    lewisniven
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Oh man. Lewisniven, you are doing SPECTACULAR work! Well done!
    lewisniven
    Another small update, textures for the side panels on the secondary hull done, though I may tweak them.

qujlh6v0i228.png

j6zc8v8kpg5m.png

ashleytingerAel'sStarCruisercaveat_imperatorwibblesrspicer
    Those look so effing good
    lewisnivenscifiericsrspicer