Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLewis' Constitution Refit

2»

Posts

  • scifiericscifieric985 Posts: 1,371Member
    Oh man, this is just beautiful!
    lewisniven
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2190 UKPosts: 418Member
    edited June 5 #33
    First pass at a hull material

    t1af01kxy3de.png
    hv8uey3ybmsw.png
    ulwcqecvxo9n.png
    Post edited by lewisniven on
    rojrenLizzy777xiaorobearAel'sashleytingerStarCruiserwibblePreVizJESBillynom8and 4 others.
    1701dproject.blogspot.com
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972236 Posts: 1,136Member
    Looking amazing.
    lewisniven
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2190 UKPosts: 418Member
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! :)
    1701dproject.blogspot.com
  • johnl2112johnl211232 Posts: 41Member
    @lewisniven do you accept some sort of remuneration in exchange for personal use of your models?
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2190 UKPosts: 418Member
    johnl2112 wrote: »
    @lewisniven do you accept some sort of remuneration in exchange for personal use of your models?

    Potentially, depends what you're after really. This one is being built for a specific project though so won't be in a position to share it for a while. Did you have something specific in mind?

    Modelling 85% ish complete now I'd say. Had another go at the blend of the pylon in to the hull, this is better I think;

    zffh8f8a5pfy.png
    Lizzy777Ael'sashleytingerxiaorobearStarCruisertrekkiWarp Propulsion Laboratorysrspicerpubliusrcaveat_imperatorand 1 other.
    1701dproject.blogspot.com
  • johnl2112johnl211232 Posts: 41Member
    edited June 15 #38
    Honestly, It would just be to have a ship of similar scale and level of complexity, to benchmark my stuff against in a scene & have examples of good topology in a star ship shaped/size thing to reference against.

    There is a TON of that for real world objects, and small scale stuff. But "hardbody modeling of things 1000+ feet long" I haven't found much of.

    But if this is for a project, especially a commission for someone else, and especially if you are trying to not get Paramount all aware of you, I totally get the hesitancy.

    I could probably get something similar to what I want by finding a good study model of an Oasis of the Seas class ship

    Edit: I should also point out that I am a newb, in my 40s, not a graphics editor and my interest in this starts and ends at making cool Star Trek ships eventually before I die of old age... so I am in no danger of becoming a competitor or trying to make money off of your work. Its literally I have an hour or so a week tops, to maybe fart around in blender. (My somewhat neglected ship I need to update about is being made in shapr3d which is great for solid surface, but the .obj it outputs is best described as "what's a quad?" - so someday I need to learn to do this "right" )
    Post edited by johnl2112 on
  • ashleytingerashleytinger986 Central OhioPosts: 898Member
    Gorgeous!
    lewisniven
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2190 UKPosts: 418Member
    johnl2112 wrote: »
    Honestly, It would just be to have a ship of similar scale and level of complexity, to benchmark my stuff against in a scene & have examples of good topology in a star ship shaped/size thing to reference against.

    There is a TON of that for real world objects, and small scale stuff. But "hardbody modeling of things 1000+ feet long" I haven't found much of.

    But if this is for a project, especially a commission for someone else, and especially if you are trying to not get Paramount all aware of you, I totally get the hesitancy.

    I could probably get something similar to what I want by finding a good study model of an Oasis of the Seas class ship

    Edit: I should also point out that I am a newb, in my 40s, not a graphics editor and my interest in this starts and ends at making cool Star Trek ships eventually before I die of old age... so I am in no danger of becoming a competitor or trying to make money off of your work. Its literally I have an hour or so a week tops, to maybe fart around in blender. (My somewhat neglected ship I need to update about is being made in shapr3d which is great for solid surface, but the .obj it outputs is best described as "what's a quad?" - so someday I need to learn to do this "right" )

    PM'd.

    5zpbe6y3er9f.png
    xiaorobearWarp Propulsion LaboratoryAel'sRekkertLizzy777trekkiashleytingerStarCruisersrspicerpubliusrand 4 others.
    1701dproject.blogspot.com
  • ashleytingerashleytinger986 Central OhioPosts: 898Member
    All you need is the little spacesuit person waving. Fantastic
  • bernard guignardbernard guignard334 Posts: 48Member
    Looking really good keep it up =)
    publiusr
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2190 UKPosts: 418Member
    8tpcboqwlpo5.png
    cmubwjo5duqn.png
    Rekkertashleytingercaveat_imperatorStarCruiserAel'sLizzy777rojrentrekkiWarp Propulsion LaboratoryHunter Gand 1 other.
    1701dproject.blogspot.com
  • markmasseymarkmassey498 StaffordshirePosts: 579Member
    I dont have much more to say but join everyone saying how gorgeous she looks....
    lewisniven
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2190 UKPosts: 418Member
    mtbpdsn47ud9.png
    5kdwx3t8fff2.png
    p0no6aqjh452.png
    rojrenLizzy777Ael'sStarriggerStarCruiserRekkertashleytingertrekkicaveat_imperatorBillynom8and 3 others.
    1701dproject.blogspot.com
  • StarriggerStarrigger240 Posts: 632Member
    This by far, is my all time fav version! You have done it justice! (and then some)
    lewisniven
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
  • trekkitrekki637 Posts: 1,177Member
    Yes , that is very nice.
    lewisniven
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    A thing of beauty. Cannot wait to see it finished.
    lewisniven
  • NevetsNevets196 EarthPosts: 125Member
    Beautiful. Love the NO aztec version. It looks more advanced without it.
    lewisniven
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2190 UKPosts: 418Member
    Nevets wrote: »
    Beautiful. Love the NO aztec version. It looks more advanced without it.

    In some ways I agree, but it just looks like a cg object without.

    1701dproject.blogspot.com
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2190 UKPosts: 418Member
    wr0hs9v07jcn.png
    rojrenStarriggerStarCruiserashleytingertrekkiLizzy777Ael'sWarp Propulsion LaboratoryHunter GBillynom8and 5 others.
    1701dproject.blogspot.com
  • Lizzy777Lizzy777910 PNWPosts: 676Member
    If this had witness marks from construction, handling, and filming, I could be convinced it was a studio-scale build.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • srspicersrspicer325 Posts: 287Member
    Nevets wrote: »
    Beautiful. Love the NO aztec version. It looks more advanced without it.
    ^^^^Agreed with above^^^^^
    Never been a fan of the heavy Aztec deco.
    Just awesome work!!
  • Hunter GHunter G1318 Posts: 460Member
    Following this project. Can't wait to see the result, it looks so good so far!

    I'm curious, what program do you use for textures? I've been trying to learn how to texture so I'm curious
    lewisniven
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2190 UKPosts: 418Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    Following this project. Can't wait to see the result, it looks so good so far!

    I'm curious, what program do you use for textures? I've been trying to learn how to texture so I'm curious

    Thanks man! Everyone was done in substance designer. For the blue areas I drew the masks on the actual geo first then baked that out.
    1701dproject.blogspot.com
Sign In or Register to comment.