Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise-B

1235»

• JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    I always had trouble finding good source material for the cargo bay interior, looks like you nailed it!
  • lennier1lennier1918 Posts: 1,286Member
    Guys, keep in mind that you're resurrecting a threat that's been dormant for several months.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Thanks anyway :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    well now you need to start posting wallpapers :D
  • AnarionAnarion338 Posts: 50Member
    Well done.
  • trekkitrekki964 Posts: 1,415Member
    Hi homerpalooza67
    look in Artwork :)
    Greetings
  • exodus2310exodus2310331 Posts: 0Member
    well now you need to start posting wallpapers :D

Seconded!

That is an absolutely fantastic model. Congrats!
  • Chris_CalypsoChris_Calypso0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey guys, I have to say this is a beautiful model of my favourite Trek ship....only I have downloaded the .obj file and textures for lightwave and she is not rendering correctly for me. No lights and the textures do not come through correctly. Can anyone advise on this please? Thanks in advance!
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Hey guys, I have to say this is a beautiful model of my favourite Trek ship....only I have downloaded the .obj file and textures for lightwave and she is not rendering correctly for me. No lights and the textures do not come through correctly. Can anyone advise on this please? Thanks in advance!

I did a port to LW which was straightforward and it does render up fairly nicely.
    mattc wrote: »
    I did a port to LW which was straightforward and it does render up fairly nicely.

Any chance you could upload an image of how she is rendering for you in Lightwave? I'll include an image here I did myself of how she looks for me after some tweeking.

unnamed_rgb001_zpspjai6mgx.jpg
    Like this?

ent_b_quick.jpg

or this

ortho_top.jpg

or this...

voyager_Top_Backside.jpg

There's more obviously. :P
    110552.jpg110553.jpg110554.jpg
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Show off, Matt. ;)
    Any chance you could upload an image of how she is rendering for you in Lightwave? I'll include an image here I did myself of how she looks for me after some tweeking.

unnamed_rgb001_zpspjai6mgx.jpg

Do you have shadows turned on in that scene? The lighting looks a little flat...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804572 Posts: 11,177Member
    Comco wrote: »
    Do you have shadows turned on in that scene? The lighting looks a little flat...

They're turned on, you can see a hint of one around the port side protrusion from the secondary hull. The ship is just over lit. The light hitting the ship doesn't appear to match the light hitting anything else in the background.
    mattc wrote: »
    Like this?

ent_b_quick.jpg

or this

ortho_top.jpg

or this...

voyager_Top_Backside.jpg

There's more obviously. :P

Theyre looking great..the B is nothing like what I am getting at all in Lightwave! Mine seems to be loosing its texture files then when I apply them in surface editor they dont render properly if at all... AND when I close and open the mesh again any changes I make dont seem to be getting saved! Very frustrating! What did you do those renders in? Did you have to modify the file after downloading it at all?
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    I really would like to see someone do something with his meshes, the obj files are a mess and the fbx files are full of holes and are unusable
    I really would like to see someone do something with his meshes, the obj files are a mess and the fbx files are full of holes and are unusable

Nothing stopping you from doing it yourself if you can't wait. Otherwise, I'll eventually get them to a state where they can be used by others (in LW) and you can knock yourself out. Except that I'm busy with work and I haven't got the time nor the motivation to do anything about it with the precious little free time I do have right now.
    Theyre looking great..the B is nothing like what I am getting at all in Lightwave! Mine seems to be loosing its texture files then when I apply them in surface editor they dont render properly if at all... AND when I close and open the mesh again any changes I make dont seem to be getting saved! Very frustrating! What did you do those renders in? Did you have to modify the file after downloading it at all?

Of course the file has been modified. You can't just import an OBJ and slap all the textures on it and hit render you know. Not if you want it looking decent. All the ports I did of Alex's stuff are surfaced in the nodal editor and are a pretty close (if not identical) translation of the C4D surface information.
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    well I have DAZ Studio so cant do anything with it, it is to bad Alex cant do something with it when he first releases them.
    I'm pretty sure there's a few people around who can port things to DAZ3D. Failing that, you can try doing it yourself.
  • Hilk_v001Hilk_v00187 Posts: 37Member
    sry lemme just pick up my jaw from the floor, ... i love it all of it :thumb:
  • EighthEighth0 Posts: 0Member
    love the work here man, I'm one of those guys that just love this Refit. Something just seems more interesting about the hull updates. Again killer work!