Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Voyager

1235»

• Chris2005Chris2005679 Posts: 3,097Member
    Very nice. :D
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804617 Posts: 11,190Member
    Yeah, the new UV definitely looks better. I love the landing legs.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    good motion and i know they are correct for voyager but they seem a bit too small to hold a starship's weight against gravity. in the video i find it annoying and disconcerting to see the moving parts through the hull but the hull itself looks well modelled and textured. with transporters and shuttles i think i would leave the ship in orbit though.
    I was in high scool when the episode The 37s premiered, which was when we first saw Voyager landing. I remember having a discussion with my buddies at school about the ship landing on those four tiny legs and how implausible it was. ;)
    Well, look at how little the landing gear in ratio to some aircraft... the nose gear tires on the CRJ's my dad works on are like tractor tires...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    It was explained by Rick Sternbach that there is a low-powered antigrav field generated by the Reaction Control Thrusters in conjunction with the Deflector Array that helps support the ship's mass on a planetary surface. This was definitely something I read online and not an explanation given in show.

I love this ship, ever since I first saw her and your model does her justice. Excellent work, I'm envious :)
    That works great until the ship shuts down completely or loses main power or the RCS system fails. If the ship's mass was being supported by RCS thusters when any of those happened, the struts would break and the ship would crash onto the surface, causing massive damage.

But, it's a TV show. It's not like it's real. Like Chris said, airplanes do land on relatively small landing legs. Plus, we know they have tougher building materials in the future, so it's possible they're made out of some kind of super alloy, or something like that.
    One thing I noticed, in regards to the deflector, the "spokes" go all the way to the edge of the hull...
    tumblr_m6m6na0hwV1rzu2xzo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_m8am004fIV1rd4j8to3_1280.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • nightfevernightfever372 Posts: 585Member
    Yeah thanks Chris. I think I'm gonna re-do them, because mines arent that flat, too.

Btw those sticking out front torpedo launchers are looking so misplaced and silly, I hate them.
    nightfever wrote: »
    Yeah thanks Chris. I think I'm gonna re-do them, because mines arent that flat, too.

Btw those sticking out front torpedo launchers are looking so misplaced and silly, I hate them.

No problem. I think BlobVanDam's Voyager has one of the most accurate deflector dish areas, that I've used anyway. Yours is right up there with his. :)

Yea, I always wondered why they couldn't be recessed... but it's grown on me.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    That works great until the ship shuts down completely or loses main power or the RCS system fails. If the ship's mass was being supported by RCS thusters when any of those happened, the struts would break and the ship would crash onto the surface, causing massive damage.

But, it's a TV show. It's not like it's real. Like Chris said, airplanes do land on relatively small landing legs. Plus, we know they have tougher building materials in the future, so it's possible they're made out of some kind of super alloy, or something like that.

Like I said, it was an interview with Rick Sternbach in which this explanation was given, it's not something I haphazardly threw in the mix.
  • nightfevernightfever372 Posts: 585Member
    She is out now. Check back my website and grab it from the downloads section.
    For all non C4D users I'd recommend to try the FBX version first.
    The main files come without landing legs and with closed doors. I saved the lowered legs and opened doors in a separate file.
    The texture archive is required for all files.
    I also saved the light rig in a separate file, but I have no clue if they had been export properly. But the model doesn't have so many lights (2 spot lights and some running lights).

Have fun with it and share your renders. ;)
    I'll have a go at it. :)
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro