Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS GRANDEUR - ENGINEERING Department

124»

• japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    All lower level consoles have been activated, all that remain are the upper level ones.

ENVIRONMENTAL / IMPULSE / WARP consoles
    37.jpg

TACTICAL / SHIELDS / SENSORS consoles
    38.jpg

Next up, will be the 2 "wrap-around" stations that face the warp-core. I'll be starting those tonight.
    105246.jpg105247.jpg
    37.jpg 179.3K
    38.jpg 391.7K
    Rory1707
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Great work! This is really coming together well. Looks the the Grandeur's crew is pretty spoiled with chairs at every station, though. ;)
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great as ever, Japme!

@Schimpfy: Eh... what do you mean... the Grandeur crew IS spoiled :rolleyes:
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804607 Posts: 11,186Member
    Those look great.
    Schimpfy wrote: »
    Great work! This is really coming together well. Looks the the Grandeur's crew is pretty spoiled with chairs at every station, though. ;)

If you were spending eight hours on duty at a work station, you'd want a chair too. ;)
    I've spent countless 12 hours shifts standing 80%+ of that time. I've got no sympathy. :p Besides, studies have been done where standing while working, especially for office/computer tasks, is beneficial to your health. On top of that, I'll go out on a limb and say that Federation crews in Star Trek have pretty cushy jobs where they can take breaks every hour or so and they can just sit then. ;) From a safety standpoint I could understand, though. It'd be nice to have a chair to stand in the event of random bouts of being thrown around while under attack. :D
    I've worked in restaurants and was in the Army, so I have no sympathy either. I'm just saying that, given the chance, who wouldn't like to sit in a chair? Though, I believe the idea for putting the chairs at the duty stations may come more from Voyager, where there were a lot of chairs in Engineering, more so than on previous Star Trek ships.
    I think I'm at the point when it comes to working that I prefer to stand up. That's just me though and is a result of my back injury (falling out of the cockpit of a B-1'll mess you up). I really like the chairs on the bridge of the Enterprise-D where all of the back station chairs were hidden most of the time.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I have to say I liked seeing chairs becoming more common. The Intrepid-class had them on the main deck, and the Sovereign even around the pool table. It's nice to see safety becoming more vital.
    Aresius wrote: »
    I have to say I liked seeing chairs becoming more common. The Intrepid-class had them on the main deck, and the Sovereign even around the pool table. It's nice to see safety becoming more vital.

Next, they need seat belts. The three or four extras who got blown out when the Enterprise's bridge was breached in Nemesis could have been avoided.
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Next, they need seat belts. The three or four extras who got blown out when the Enterprise's bridge was breached in Nemesis could have been avoided.

Have you seen the deleted scenes from Nemesis? I believe Picard's comment was, "About time."
    bosun wrote: »
    Have you seen the deleted scenes from Nemesis? I believe Picard's comment was, "About time."

Yes, I have seen it. Interestingly, that chair minus the seat belts was used in Season 4 of Enterprise.
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    After having been pulled off this (by work/life) for the last month, we just got the next batch of control systems installed and activated. Thanks Chief!!!

39.jpg 40.jpg

Also got a pair of shots of the pool table. Sorry it took so long, Commander.

41.jpg 42.jpg

There is one last batch of control systems to install on the upper level, and we should hopefully be receiving them, in the near future.

This will be the last update for at least the next 2 months, as the powers-that-be are pulling me back across the pond. I will be continuing to work on the meshes, on my laptop, unfortunately it just doesn't have the power to render the light-rig on this project. Might be getting a new desktop, but that is at least a month in the future...

For those wondering what I did for the last month, check out my "unit heritage" project over at Foundation3D or Military-Meshes.

http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16832

http://www.military-meshes.com/forum/showthread.php?7062-The-Eye-of-the-Dragon-Lockheed-U-2R-TR-1
    105638.jpg105639.jpg105640.jpg105641.jpg
    Rory1707
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Great work there.

Welcome back, and don't worry, life goes first! ;)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Yes, I have seen it. Interestingly, that chair minus the seat belts was used in Season 4 of Enterprise.

I never did like that chair. I much prefer Archer's original.

I really like that pool table. Great work.