Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS GRANDEUR - ENGINEERING Department

• Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Cool looking design. (I also like that lounge area, very cool.)
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    1: I dig the crystal computing. Perhaps a look into one of those 'Trek comics in which the Romulans try to obduct Data from some kind of Holo-storage-thingy could give you some more ideas, but I'd love to see some kind of window so that you can see the crystals 'working'. Glowy stuff FTW!
    2: I'm really not digging that mesh over the core. It gives me a kind of intermediate NX-01 vibe: more advanced than a Warp-5 core, but not really into TOS era. IMVHO, perhaps you might want to think about how a core ejection works, and which hardware gets ejected alongside it as well (like the deuterium chamber).
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    Adding the "windows" is one of the things I hope to accomplish tomorrow.

Here is how the reactor breaks down right now... tomorrow, will be building out the core itself, and adding the actual components, and not just a straight "glow-stick".

15.jpg

The mesh is like re-bar. It will minimize any breach of the containment system, which will aid in repairs, as well as when/if the core has to be ejected.
    104743.jpg
    15.jpg 228.9K
    Yeah, I thought so. Kind of like that level OVER 9000!!!111!!! shield that Janeway ordered B'Elana to install over the warp core to protect against the Omega molecule.

What's that device with the tubes leading into the floor? I thought it was the dilithium chamber but it appears that's not the case entirely?
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    This is coming along very nicely, Matt!! Love the pull out service racks too! :)
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I love everything about it! Great work, Matt. :thumb:

Out of curiosity, are you going to be adding any wood trim to any portions of main engineering?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looking at that shot over the whole engineering, it somewhat looks like some show from Mass Effect or Halo... Almost too sterile. And I agree with BorgMan about this mesh...
    Glad you all are liking it.

SCHIMPFY - No this will be a Blue/Grey themed area.

ARESIUS - It won't be quite so "sterile" when I put in the shaders and lighting. Right now everything is using basic color shaders (outside of the obvious things), and an over-powered GI light setup.

BORG - Those are the coolant feeds to the reactor collar. I didn't have a chance to get to the core today, but there will be an actual reactor section, within the core... I changed the configuration, so now there is a Coolant-IN, Coolant-out, and Vaccum/Pressurizaion Line. Each of the 3 sets targets a specific are of the reactor assembly.

Added in the doors, windows on the "servers", and the "warning lines" around the reactor and the emergency shield barriers. Also added some more detail to the warp core housing.

17.jpg
    104763.jpg
    17.jpg 59.3K
    Not seeing it so clearly right now but I think it would work best if the warningstripes are applied on top of the floorplates, instead of actually being a party of the floor. That's what it looks like right now, but it could be the distance, ofcourse ;)
    Burgundy doors with gold like on the bridge remember?
    All main department rooms have that same pallet.

Gr-bridge-BRdoor.jpeg
    104769.jpeg
    Commander: The colors will come, once the initial mesh and detail are done. I didn't even think about that initially, because there were no color images in the imagery you provided, but not to worry, it will be easy enough to correct. I want to go with a slightly lighter shade though, so the area isn't to dark (think along the lines of the hangar bay's grey and level of lighting).

More work on the warp-core...
    18.jpg
    104815.jpg
    18.jpg 79.8K
    Didn't know you posted anything because you edited an existing post.
    Looks good! Which part of this is the left side image... what is that?
    Glad you like the look, unfortunately, I will not be able to rip off a quick render, as I have one running from overnight, but here is what the previous image covers...

The left side of the image: The warp-core. The red is the anti-matter chamber, while the blue is the matter. The center section is the actual reactor chamber (still not done).

The right side of the image: The reactor housing and coolant towers.
    Nothing loads :(
    see post #42
    Started adjusting several of the shaders to represent a closer match to the final color scheme...

19.jpg

Commander, I will get the screens for you tomorrow to pass to our LCAR guru.
    104847.jpg
    19.jpg 261.4K
    That's looking pretty cool.
    Nice work. Really love it, tho still think it looks a tad too "clean"...
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Keep in mind that there are no sharp edges/corners allowed in space craft.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Love what you've done with the place.
    Elowan wrote: »
    Keep in mind that there are no sharp edges/corners allowed in space craft.
    I know that, but I'm not talking about smooth edges, those I like. I'm talking about the general look, the almost clinical cleanness....
    The "clinic-ness" is due to the lack of the actual lighting and shaders. Right now the scene is setup with a "global" GI rig giving it the "flat" lighting (there are no point light sources). Once the build itself is done, then the lighting and shaders will come into play, and the scene will begin to match up with the quality/level of my previous work.

The round/sharp edge issue is being worked on...

For now, thanks to the COMMANDER, the "pool table" is now complete. I also darkened the predominate grey shader so to lessen the overly white feel of the enviroment.
    21.jpg

20.jpg
    104891.jpg104892.jpg
    21.jpg 116.7K
    20.jpg 71.1K
    Looking ace. My only thought is that it's a little to blue, particularly the core components. The design itself is awesome, though.
  • commandersozocommandersozo504 Posts: 630Member
    as chief-engineer and the person, who had to work at this place, i had to say: finally we come to main engineering!
    great work, japme. i look forward to receive the uv for the graphic work at teh consoles and workstation. it will be a awesome work!
    I like the lower area, looks very nice.
    :thumb: LOOKING GOOD, JAPME!! :thumb:

Would it be possible to feature the pool-table in a couple of views? That was originally modeled in Google Sketchup (believe it or not) when I was just learning the program. Here's the original diagram...

Eng_pooltable1.jpg
    104907.jpg
    Glad everyone is liking this.

Commander: I'll see what I can do. I'm also planning on the lift being the next part of the build.
  • commandersozocommandersozo504 Posts: 630Member
    in my opinion i wish, that not the whol second level will be filled with server racks. becuas i would like to set some more workstations for secoandary and auxiliary systems up there. the first level there are 6 workstations plus big two consoles for the handling of all all primary systems. hope, this is okay...?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Isn't the table used for handling all the primary systems?
    The lift is in the process of being installed. I had to reshape the 2nd floor, as well as the walls on both floors, but I have the hole cut, and the rough layout completed, so probably, day after tomorrow, will actually have the lift itself done.

25-LIFT.jpg

For now, here is a render, with the new non-GI based lighting. I will probably throw in some light Indirect Lighting / Occlusion when it is done, but nothing major.

26.jpg
    104921.jpg104922.jpg