Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DClub SFM - Dumpster

13»

• DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Yes. It's to keep me sane while I wait for them to get me a new workshop...
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    And then you'll build a 40K scale Leviathan? :cool:
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    coolness!
    A virtual Leviathan sounds like a good plan, because it doesn't require space. :)

I am currently building some Necromunda plastic bits, because I use them in the top tower. Since the models are that much less detailed than COD kits, I'm tempted to add a bit of artistic licence for them, bring them into line with the COD kits. Obviously doing it in 3D makes it easier to amend the kits slightly. :D
    So, I've moved into doing some of the Necromunda bits which are present on the top of the tower. Obviously because the kits are that much older there's that much less detail on them. I have therefore decided to start taking some artistic liberties. :)

Knocked up some lasguns and popped em on. Haven't finished the 'x' board yet, but ran out of time while the missus was baking christmas cakes! :D

Leviathan_WIP_014.jpg

Leviathan_WIP_015.jpg

Leviathan_WIP_016.jpg

Leviathan_WIP_017.jpg
    More Necromunda Scenery.

Some wheels. Made without reference as I didn't have any at home. Not fantastic, but then they'll be largely hidden, so stop complaining. :p

Then I remembered I hadn't finished the COD door piece. This one is a little less detailed than the kit, and I will make one with a few more bits on it, but these pieces will be used for the indoor elements, such as in the fourth pic, which is where I've collated some of the pieces in the same way I started with the kit... Making one of the track sections.

Leviathan_WIP_018.jpg

Leviathan_WIP_019.jpg

Leviathan_WIP_020.jpg

Leviathan_WIP_021.jpg
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Those walls are looking spiffy as ever!

On a retro note; I just stumbled on your yellow truck again. Man, that's one sweet looking truck. Y'know, with that kind of cab you can even make a large cargo trailer that comes up and over the driver cabin. maximum use of the vehicle's footprint! :D
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    From my experience with the CoD pieces, I can say that you need to make your skulls the most polygon efficient models in the universe. When you start wanting to build something of a decent size, your poly count will go through the roof and it doesn't matter if you have an 8-core Mac Pro, it's not worth the hassle! I had three levels of detail with my CoD pieces, ranging from fully detailed skulls to glorified bumps. It also doesn't hurt to build some "filler" parts that aren't part of the usual CoD packs. If you search the internet for pictures of 40K scenery, it can give you ideas for customised pieces, such as large pillars, roof tiles and so on to build. I found I could assemble some pretty sizeable structures that way without sacrificing the cool close-up detail or blowing up my graphics card.
    Cheers Arm. I have to admit, the skulls are the least efficient bit I've got. Luckily for me, not any of those skull walls in my tank, muhwa ha ha... Also, I only saw your COD models in the downloads section after finishing my own... How annoying. :)

Are you still building stuff dude? I haven't seen anything from you in a while.... I would love anyone out there who has built any IG stuff to donate it to me if it's in Max 8 format. :D
    Not that you were wondering, but I haven't yet unpacked my computer since coming back from holiday. I haven't been totally lax in building anything but I did think alittle break from the curves of the enterprise was in order and figured a little internal modelling might be of use. Figured I'd start with an 'elite' like approach to a command console, a fairly small one man privateer sort of interface. There are obvious nods to elite in there. Never really done an interior before and probably won't do anything with this, but you never know what might get built around them... This is just a teaser to keep you interested.

http://vimeo.com/20149106