Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKoensayr Y Wing

13»

• JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Main laser cannons in place, with supporting hardware.
    75059.jpg
    Y63.jpg 75.4K
  • BAKMSBAKMS0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent updates!!

Like the gear but seems to be to short.
    I would think to double the height on them and beef them up too.
    Thanks!

I thought about the height of the gear, but I cant think of a good reason to have the ship stand any higher. Why make it harder for the support crew to crawl all over her?

Just off the ground will also make it possible for a pilot who lands somewhere other than a support platform to climb on and off without a boarding ladder.

Come to think of it, where did Skywalker get that ladder, anyway?

e-xw-prep2.JPG

And where did it go after he launched?
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Ya know, it seems to me, the only time you ever see Luke landing was in the first movie after the deathstar (a crew chief probably brought up the ladder) and in a swamp (empire strikes back) (nothing to climb down, the fighter had sunk :) ), then a normal landing in the same swamp later (by then, Yoda had taught him "Force levitation"). Possibly on Bespin, and that can be explained by the ubiquitous droids hanging about with ladders handy...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Hhmmm, good point... perhaps a foldable ladder that fits into a small space underneath the cockpit?
  • BAKMSBAKMS0 Posts: 0Member
    JWWright

Good point but the X-Wing and Y-Wing have folding Ladders like on an A-10 that is used only when needed. The ladders are used at bases which have the support equipment.

The Y-Wing is great work. PLEASE do not stop short.
    I would think that the landing gear has adjustable height, like the latino low riders hydraulic sytems...

Lowrider - W.A.R.

Thanks for the encouragement, back on this soon, I had a major gig; I love doing litigation graphics for court cases.
    And with it, a little downtime, and an update on this ongoing project. I hope everyone;s having a great season!
    76025.jpg76026.jpg76027.jpg76028.jpg76029.jpg
    A little canopy detail, for good measure.
    76030.jpg76031.jpg76032.jpg76033.jpg76034.jpg
    Y74.jpg 482.1K
    Y73.jpg 482.1K
    Y72.jpg 203.2K
    Y75.jpg 207.5K
    Y76.jpg 141.5K
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great ! All the little details are really cool :thumb:
  • TerranCmdrTerranCmdr0 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic detail work!
    Thanks guys, heres another update, I think the barrels are too long (can't open the hatch when they face forward...) so I may shorten them.

Does anyone know of any good reference regarding the built in ladder on these flyers? I'm trying to figure out how the hull panel should pop open to deploy it on the ground.
    76044.jpg76045.jpg76046.jpg76047.jpg
    Neater, and no having to swing 'em outta the way to get out.
    76058.jpg76059.jpg76060.jpg76061.jpg
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Nice looking Y Wing you've got going there Jeffery. Great attention to detail. Always preferred the design of the Y Wing over the X Wing.

Al
    Great work on those cannons! Any chance of seeing the reference you're working from?
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

The references I'm using are the many resin kits and studio miniature shots I find around the web, which all vary wildly, so I model parts that are basically a composite of the interesting elements from each, in some cases detailing completely new features, as in the front end of this ship.

I think I can get away with liberty on this ship, since there are no two alike, and each one has its own custom modification. By thhe time of SW:ESB the YWings have to be well over 50 years old, and many might be held together with duct tape!

More updates soon, cockpit interior is next.
    I thought a red glow behind the main laser cannons would look pretty menacing and give the model some added depth...
    76156.jpg76157.jpg
    Lookin' great man! I do like the red glow. Shows off all the hard work you did detailing the nose!
    Okay, it's been a while, but I finally got around to adding some textures:

th_Y91.jpg th_Y92.jpg th_Y93.jpg th_Y94.jpg th_Y95.jpg th_Y96.jpg th_Y97.jpg th_Y98.jpg
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    The last video you posted is marked "private".
    Video? Posted where?
    Coming along, slow but sure:

th_Y99.jpg th_Y100.jpg th_Y101.jpg th_Y102.jpg th_Y103.jpg
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    I love this model, you have got some really good modelig skills m8e.
    Got a little more:

th_Y104.jpg th_Y106.jpg th_Y107.jpg th_Y108.jpg th_Y105.jpg

Getting the pipes and conduits textured. One word, don't forget to use instances...
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing stuff :thumb: I really like what you're doing with this one. It seems a bit steampunked but that ain't a bad thing :D
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    SheA’s magnific!
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    And Terrificant! :D

Cool model. Excellent greebles.
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!

Yeah, kinda steampunkish, but if you look closely at the studio model, you'll see lots of brass conduits all over the ship... helps it look more nekkid!

I have an update for my McQuarrie X Wing to post soon... hopefully working a little on each model will keep the monotony down!