Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLoknar Refit (USS Phobos) Conversion to Blender

124»

• AltGoFuRAltGoFuR331 Posts: 0Member
    Hope everything will work out for you!

Great job on the ships. And I love the Abbe. :)
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    I checked this class out on the memory beta wiki and its a pretty cool ship. I'm thinking its perfect for a Star Trek web-series concept i'm working on. According to the article on memory beta the Andorians designed it specifically as a boarder defense frigate. This goes hand in hand with the web-series mission of federation boarder defense. The ship mission is roughly the same as that of the US Coast Guard. The ship and crew patrol the boarder of the federation, inspect cargo ships, hunt down pirates, raiders, and smugglers, and provide aid to ships in need.

Well I've babbled enough. Very Cool ship.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This thread has not Been updated in over a year, please read the TOS before posting in old threads.
  • anthscoanthsco349 Raleigh, NCPosts: 72Member
    Watching this thread with great interest. Trek is finally being represented by some truly beautiful models for Blenderheads like me. Thanks very much.

On a personal note, hope the new little one is thriving and growing!
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    anthsco wrote: »
    Watching this thread with great interest. Trek is finally being represented by some truly beautiful models for Blenderheads like me. Thanks very much.

On a personal note, hope the new little one is thriving and growing!
    Freak wrote: »
    This thread has not Been updated in over a year, please read the TOS before posting in old threads.

What is seriously wrong with people? Please respect the forum RULES!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    It appears that there are people very eager to reopen this thread. Apparently, more than one.
  • GuitarECGuitarEC333 Posts: 44Member
    Yea, seems so...

I'm hoping that because I'm the thread originator, I won't get slapped around for posting...

Update:

I haven't been working much on 3D with the baby (now 13 months, and jabbering up a storm), and the lack of computing power - however, my wife's father did get her a new laptop for her schoolwork (a Core i7, no less), so I may be able to pick this project back up soon. Also re-learning Blender with the new betas (currently playing with 2.55), so I'm having to rethink my approach to lighting rigs...

Either way, I may have some new renders to post at some point, but I'm still having to dedicate my time to finding a job...

Thanks to all the Blender-heads out there that continue to show interest and support.

Eric "GuitarEC"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I know those butterfly (quadrilaterals with one side shorter than the parallel side) shapes on the insides of the booms have been a mystery to the guy doing the interiors for the ship. I agree with the idea that they are some sort of docking clamp / magnetic point for mission pods. Thre has to be a reason why there is a nice gap between the two booms. Maybe it can haul mission oriented payloads.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    GuitarEC wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. You can have no real idea how much that means to my wife and myself. Eric "GuitarEC" Clark

I'm just glad that you are doing better. Something I noticed about your Crusader:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69719&d=1245212381

I realy like the wide impulse deck treatment, and actually think it might look nice on a classical refit for the reasons I give here:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?13014-Akyazi-Akula&p=505135&posted=1#post505135