Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLoknar Refit (USS Phobos) Conversion to Blender

• CrimsonLineCrimsonLine171 Posts: 0Member
    Tallguy wrote: »
    Join us! ;)

It's too expensive. :(
  • GuitarECGuitarEC333 Posts: 44Member
    ...and if you order now, we'll send you Basill's Saucer Docking port ABSOLUTELY FREE!!! That's right, now you can come and go as you please using this wonderful addition...

....BUT WAIT!!! If you order within the next 30 minutes, we'll DOUBLE YOUR ORDER!!! That's right - not one, but TWO docking ports AT NO ADDITIONAL FEE!!!

...okay - sorry, I got a bit out of hand there... :rolleyes: :lol:

Eye candy follows...

Eric "GuitarEC"
    61621.jpg61622.jpg
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Isn't there supposed to be studio scaffolding behind those? Or is that just the Enterprise class? :D
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    That gets installed next Tuesday...

Eric "GuitarEC"
    Included in Basill's add-ons were a few workbees and a workbee/cargosled. In talking with him, I asked if he wanted those included in my conversion work, or if he'd prefer they not be.

He has given his blessing. So, I separated all the bees and parented all the related objects to an empty in Blender (to make for easier animation) and have a few pics to show of that work...

Eric "GuitarEC"
    61624.jpg61625.jpg
  • JayruJayru1130 UKPosts: 698Member
    Amazing stuff... this mesh converstion is going to be - well, awsome is the word to use!
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • CrimsonLineCrimsonLine171 Posts: 0Member
    Wow. This will be the publicly-available Blender model to have, that's for sure.
    CrimsonLine: Thanks so much for the words of confidence. I can only hope that it will match the results of my Dennis Bailey Refit Enterprise conversion I did a couple of years ago...

Now, enough with the extras... Here are a few renders of Phobos after smoothing out all the objects.

**Note: The mesh errors you see are a rendering issue that I'm working on finding a solution for... The geometry itself is fine...

Eric "GuitarEC"
    61641.jpg61643.jpg
    GuitarEC wrote: »
    CrimsonLine: Thanks so much for the words of confidence. I can only hope that it will match the results of my Dennis Bailey Refit Enterprise conversion I did a couple of years ago...
    Jinkies! Has it really been that long?
    GuitarEC wrote: »
    **Note: The mesh errors you see are a rendering issue that I'm working on finding a solution for... The geometry itself is fine...
    Have your tried moving the decals a couple of points further off of the mesh? It looks like they're just intersecting.

As for the smoothing, are you using the edge-split modifier? Just think, we didn't have that back when you did Bailey's Enterprise.

EDIT: Oh, and it's looking terrific.
  • mladen225mladen225171 Posts: 0Member
    This is also a very interesting design, i'm going to follow this with great interest.
    Thanks for the higher rez. pics.
  • Lt. Kevin RileyLt. Kevin Riley331 Posts: 0Member
    Even better with the saucer docks! :thumb:
  • OneBuckFilmsOneBuckFilms171 Posts: 0Member
    Guys, if I get to use this for the USS Churchull (my fan club), I'll be so happy.

Between this and Bailey's Enterprise, I'm likely to be using Blender a LOT !!!!
    Hey folks,

Didn't want you to think I'd fallen off the planet or anything, but with the holidays quickly approaching, I've been a bit busy with real life... Oh well...

I am still working on this conversion on the little (and I mean VERY little) spare time I can scrape together, and should hopefully have a few more updates in the near future.

Thanks for the patience everyone,

Eric "GuitarEC"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Would be great to see more!
    Well, it's been quite a while...

I won't waste your time with the details, but I was laid off from my job back at the beginning of February. About a week later my wife and I found out we are expecting our first-born in late October.

All that being said, my time as of late has been devoted to trying to find work, and converting my once-office into a nursery. I'm currently working on a 6 year old laptop, so I can't really fire up the 'ole Blender too much without really stressing my computer...

Life is not how Id like, but I wanted to let folks know why I've been absent these past few months.

Please raise my wife and I, and our soon-to-be-here son Joshua Micheal in your prayers.

Much respect and thanks,

Eric "GuitarEC" Clark
    Oh, and yes, I have seen Basil playing with the Cargo deck of Phobos (as well as his development of the engineering decks)...

Basil, if you're out there, the work looks fantastic. Drop me a line...

Eric "GuitarEC" Clark
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Sorry to hear that Eric, hope everything work out mate.
    BTW Congrates on the first born.
    Get as much sleep as you can now, becasue once the little rugrat is here, those days of full night sleep are gone for about 2 - 3 years.;)
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Eric,

Sorry to hear about the downturns and I hope everything looks up real soon. Congrats on the little newcomer though. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Basill :D
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Prayers for you and your family are on the way. Everyone here knows real life comes first.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Can't wait for someone to model a TNG Relaunch Era bridge for this one with the W.I.P. Master Situation Display I already know is being worked on by Bemused.
    Guys, if I get to use this for the USS Churchull (my fan club), I'll be so happy.

Between this and Bailey's Enterprise, I'm likely to be using Blender a LOT !!!!

Well that's a sim / ship I'd like to be on!
  • OneBuckFilmsOneBuckFilms171 Posts: 0Member
    Well that's a sim / ship I'd like to be on!

Web Site is still a WIP, but it is here:
    NFC-1945

The Churchill is the Orange County, CA chapter of the IFT (International Federation of Trekkers).

For more information on the IFT, simply go to:
    International Federation of Trekkers

:thumb:
    Real life? Feh. My wife and I had our first child in December, and it hasn't slowed my work... down---

Um...

Hey, congratulations, and I hope all is well with you and the family!
  • EliminatedEliminated0 Posts: 0Member
    I would love to see a TNG era update to the Phobos class. :thumb:
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Looks great and nice that there is another Blender conversion.

-Brian
    Guitar EC, keep up the work! You're really great at this and I've been waiting to see more! Thought maybe you needed some encouragement!
    Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. You can have no real idea how much that means to my wife and myself.

First, a family update. My wife and I are looking forward to the arrival of a bouncing baby boy come mid to late October. Joshua Michael is on track growth-wise and mother is doing wonderfully as well.

Next, job front. I had a very promising interview today with a marketing company, and go back for a second interview tomorrow. Please everyone keep your fingers crossed.

Last, I have not had the time to apply myself to the Phobos - however, in digging around in my files, I did find this: The Abbe Torpedo Destroyer - USS Crusader.

I will need to see about firing up Blender and checking the fine once or twice - doing some high-quality renders, and sending them to the original mesh creator for approval - and maybe see if we could get his blessing to release this conversion...

Again, I thank everyone here for all your warmest regards,

Eric "GuitarEC" Clark
    69719.jpg
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    God that's pretty...
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    figners are crossed.

The USS Crusader looks great.
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Glad your family is healthy and things are looking up on the job front! Fingers are crossed here! :D

Beautiful render of a classically designed ship. I love the Abbe. Tried her myself once but didn't get too far. Hope things go well for you on that front too. I'd might have to take another stab at that one myself.