Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFalcon - Allied Hunter/Killer - The Detailing Continuums

• cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    its a warship, what do you expect? First class rooms?

Well, until the cut-away shot it really was kind of hard to tell how much room was there. You hear about the weapons and what not but until you see it... But it still has more room then all the ships I sail with. My usual rack is in a tiny room with 15 people stacked 3 high and all located directly above the ships props and forward of the steering gear compartment. So not just cramped but very noisy too. Oh yeah, if the seals on the aft diesel tanks start to leak you can have a couple of inches of fuel on the deck and have to sleep in it.

Hope Steve has better equipment :lol:
  • CoolhandCoolhand289 Mountain LairPosts: 1,298Member
    whaddya think this is, a princess cruise?

Yeah its cramped, but its more comfortable than an akula. the habitable interior is composed of linked pressure vessels within the outer hull, the biggest section at the front contains living quarters and the command deck. it has 3 primary decks and requires a fairly small crew, perhaps 20 souls.

thanks for all the nice comments:)
    66441.jpg
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    Steve, the amount of detail that you put into your models is absolutley incredible.

I really like how this looks.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Coolhand wrote: »
    whaddya think this is, a princess cruise?

Yeah its cramped, but its more comfortable than an akula. the habitable interior is composed of linked pressure vessels within the outer hull, the biggest section at the front contains living quarters and the command deck. it has 3 primary decks and requires a fairly small crew, perhaps 20 souls.

thanks for all the nice comments:)

Whoa! Sweet!:p Did you do that for your Akula too? There is another 3d artist who does complete deck design for his own ships but they are for ships in the 100's of meters range and are not quite as nice as this. Yours is more believable though :thumb:
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic stuff as usual!

Any escape pods? or is that what the shuttle is for?
  • Prime_8Prime_80 Posts: 0Member
    Deadly and inspirational as ever .
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    Escape? You escape to the afterlife....
    In the alliance we refer to it as being set free to explore the higher dimensions.

At least in government 'documentation' anyway...

Yeah i'm not sure what situations would really require an escape pod... it either being better to stay with the ship until rescue or the quick death would be preferable. i had them in the akula however, i want to maybe find space for perhaps three of those shuttles, but thats not enough to evacuate the whole crew.

Cavebear, yeah i have layouts for all my ships, even though i don't detail the interiors they often inform me as to what should be shown on the outside.

Here's a spec sheet of the ship so far...
    66491.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    tee hee flux capacitor :D
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    outstanding work, love this ship! :thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Really nice work mate :D Ive been a bit behind doing real modeling.... This is making me crave it so much
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Dallidas wrote: »
    tee hee flux capacitor :D

Indeed, this inadvertently answers my question about the escape pods. By adding time travel to the list of systems, it becomes possible to prevent any incident that would require escape pods. Most ingenious :devil:

In other news, I love the fact that this ship uses more energy based weapons than projectile. Energy is so much more colorful.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Cool spec sheet man. This thing is becoming more of a beast by the minute.
  • Lord ErisuLord Erisu0 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet work dude. When you gettin' onto the textures?? *GRIN*
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    I think I'm in trouble, I don't have Top Secret Cosmic clearance. Nice specs!
    yes, alliance spies are everywhere...;)

Thanks all,

Here's a vertical stabiliser.. well, it's not totally vertical. The lower surfaces split to provide both aerobraking and control.
    66535.jpg
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    ^Whats this? communist intervention? I shall despatch a complete taskforce to rescue you.

once i sober up.
    66556.jpg
    Wonderfull. Steve- you the man!
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    I don't see any license plates....
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Okay...in the future everything will be owned by the corporations right?? Steve...I think the Ionia needs a Taco Bell livery...Because even the military of the future needs to sell ad space!!
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    That's awesome. What's the lighting setup like for that last render?
    I try and keep it simple, Its just a couple of point lights for highlights and a skylight for overall fill.
  • Looks cool, I was thinking, like the Jaguar cars, you could stick the model of your alien on the nose and chrome it....or not :)

The profile and general heavy and agressive yet quite smooth and refined structure are great, plus you have hidden armaments, big plus there.

I looked back a couple of pages and saw your close-ups of the hull plating there appeared to be uneveness and mesh errors is there other detail yet to be shown or are they just teething errors?
    It is suposed to be that way...in simulation of real world metal stress as seen on todays naval vessels. The big "ding" down the starbord side is possibly an impact with something rather smallish. But I do not know what Coolhand has in mind for that particular area.
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Love the "grills" on the back. How did you do the engine exhaust, was it a straight render, or did you photo shop it?
    the exhaust is straight out of the renderer, not painted. no 'photoshopping' aside from the usual contrast & colour adjustments.
    It is suposed to be that way...in simulation of real world metal stress as seen on todays naval vessels. The big "ding" down the starbord side is possibly an impact with something rather smallish. But I do not know what Coolhand has in mind for that particular area.

well i'll probably fix that up a little, its a bit too much in places so the effect works best when its as subtle as possible... mucho experimenting was going on with the fuselage panelling.
    Coolhand wrote: »
    the exhaust is straight out of the renderer, not painted. no 'photoshopping' aside from the usual contrast & colour adjustments.

You use Mental Ray right? How did you create the plumes? Are they volumetric lights?
    it doesn't need mental ray, it's just a fire effect with a couple of volumetric lights.
    cool, thanks :)