Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Enterprise Star Trek 2009

• lennier1lennier1919 Posts: 1,287Member
    IA’m certainly no fan of the Edselprise but your work is top-notch as usual.
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, cool orthos. With the next trailer less than a week away, I guess we'll soon see how accurate Tobias' vision is.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    I dont think Tobias will have to alter very much of his model. Though there are areas we still havent seen- the man has done some fantastic work.

I wonder if Tobias will try his hand at other Starfleet ships we havent seen yet?
    I dont think Tobias will have to alter very much of his model. Though there are areas we still havent seen- the man has done some fantastic work.

I wonder if Tobias will try his hand at other Starfleet ships we havent seen yet?
    Have to agree with you.

Different era but if you like TobiasA’ more original work this might be worth a look (wooden acting but great FX for a 9 year old low-budget production). A few bits and pieces (without subtitles) are available on Youtube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3dSun8ILI8
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the orthos, Tobias! Looking forward to seeing the animation. :D

Although if I remember correctly, don't those nacelle "cowls" have blue underlighting to them rather than white?
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Have to agree with you.

Different era but if you like TobiasA’ more original work this might be worth a look (wooden acting but great FX for a 9 year old low-budget production). A few bits and pieces (without subtitles) are available on Youtube as well: YouTube - Digital Ghost

Thanks- thats pretty cool.
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Very awesome!! I will get these on a single poster sized schematic soon. Maybe two days or so. Maybe sooner? Great work, Tobias!!! :thumb:
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Have to agree with you.

Different era but if you like TobiasA’ more original work this might be worth a look (wooden acting but great FX for a 9 year old low-budget production). A few bits and pieces (without subtitles) are available on Youtube as well: YouTube - Digital Ghost

I lost my VHS of that Con a while ago, which I only bought because of that short-film.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    Have to agree with you.

Oh boy, where did you dig that out :lol: It was quite an undertaking back then to get the greenscreen out without any residue. Those elements still hold up pretty ok, but the rest, oh well... itA’s almost 10 years now.
    ^^
    Comes with the territory. After all, I became a fan of your work the first time I saw the old Highlander movies. One of the reasons I took up this hobby in the first place. :D
  • ColourbrandColourbrand0 Posts: 0Member
    Yo Toby!

Dare ya to model the Romulan ship in the film

the one that looks like tumbleweed!

:D
    I don't think the Narada has enough reference to be modeled yet.
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    I dunno, it is Tobias we're talking about here... the Schwartz is pretty strong in this one... :D
  • While I don't care much one way or the other about that Romulan ship, there is a curiosity just to test Tobias' skills to the limit.

How does that famous quote go? ''...like blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there''?

If Tobias were that blind man, he'd have a black cat up and modeled by the end of the week.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the faith, but I really have no intentions in modelling that romulan thing - whatever it might be :D
  • Thanks for the faith, but I really have no intentions in modelling that romulan thing - whatever it might be :D

Good to hear. I don't know what inspired that design. Looks like some sort of cosmic mutant pine cone. Hopefully it will be blown to pieces in the upcoming movie.

Of course it'll still look the same after it blows up.:D
    Nero crashed his original ship into a Vorlon ship and they just stuck together. :p
    I still can't believe Playmates and Hot Wheels are making replicas of it...weirdos.
    LOL...

Almost done with the CGI schematics Tobias!
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish10417 Posts: 5,413Member
    Better versions on the movie site linked via the trekXI GD thread
    here are a few detail caps
    trailer-03-001.jpg
    trailer-03-002.jpg
    trailer-03-003.jpg
    have to say the impulse was a slight disappointment.
    trailer-03-004.jpg
    yeah yeah kelvin but its a lower nipple shot.
    trailer-03-005.jpg
    tentacle ship
    trailer-03-006.jpg
    back to the E this is the bridge (duh) nice to see this sort of shot.
    trailer-03-007.jpg
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    I posted almost exactly the same frames at TrekBBS ;) - Isn't that trailer great?
  • Mr. WildeMr. Wilde197 Posts: 121Member
    Ship looks good when you only see parts of it. ;)

And it seems they kept the saucer's aztec pattern from the TMP version. Or I'm imagining things.
    I guess we're on hold for the cgi schematic then... :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    At least theyre putting th eol' girl through her paces in this movie- one of the things i hated throughout all the shows were the lack of solid ship-to-ship dogfights. I guess it shows when you actually have a vfx budget to work with....:rolleyes:
    Looks like Tobias almost nailed the impulse engine and shuttle-bay.

Anyone notice that odd "cut-out" in the slope of the engineering hull? I see aft torpedo launchers. ;)
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish10417 Posts: 5,413Member
    I liked Tobias's Impulse better though. Especially the saucer rim shield grids. The effect on the trailer impulse is cool but the shapes weren't so creative. I suppose I should have posted the pics to the trekXI thread. shrug.

The underside details were the most interesting. I saw them in that first pic and was "WOAH"
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    This shot is good for the nacelle caps.
    bluenacellecap.jpg

In movement, it shows that the same spinning "fans" that were exposed in the original teaser trailer are still present underneath the glass, spinning.
    It also shows that a deep blue light shows through the spokes of the "fan."
    It also seems that there is one more support underneath the nacelle cap that you dont have.
    This new trailer will help the accuracy of your nacelle caps a lot!

And here is the bridge rotated to a less disorienting angle.
    bridgelit.jpg

It looks like the top is kind of see-through.
    Well in any case, that will help the accuracy of yoru bridge a lot as well!

And already posted above is a closeup of the impulse engines and the designs running down the neck which will help as well.

Good luck!
    Star_Trek

Model of the new Enterprise. Very expensive looking, lol
  • zillabeastzillabeast335 Posts: 28Member
    Looks like Tobias almost nailed the impulse engine and shuttle-bay.

Anyone notice that odd "cut-out" in the slope of the engineering hull? I see aft torpedo launchers. ;)

I...dont, actually. Please, do point.
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Nero crashed his original ship into a Vorlon ship and they just stuck together. :p
    I still can't believe Playmates and Hot Wheels are making replicas of it...weirdos.

I'd be very interested to how they do make replicas of the Narada -- it doesn't look like the most toy-friendly ship in the 'verse, does it? :p