Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Enterprise Star Trek 2009

• Raymar3dRaymar3d0 Posts: 0Member
    You do excellent work sir. Makes me want to go see the movie. :)

Ken
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic473 Posts: 663Member
    Fantastic work, Tobias. I love it.

Public release like the Kelvin perhaps? ;)
  • AndyMAndyM331 Posts: 0Member
    Stunning work ....
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Duuuuuuuude! :thumb:

You took a design that a lot of folks really questioned, made it your own and, most importantly, made it WORK.

Nice job!

I mean, it's even spiffy! :thumb:
  • B0NESB0NES0 Posts: 0Member
    awesome work ... :o
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    ohh man, that's a GREAT work, thank you very very much!!!
  • animatoranimator0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work, Tobias! Absolutely beautiful mesh :thumb:.
  • OneBuckFilmsOneBuckFilms171 Posts: 0Member
    These desktops are fantastic.

Thanks once again, Tobias !!!
  • commandersozocommandersozo555 Posts: 644Member
    absolutely awesome. the queen should declare you as knight of the empire, sir tobias!!
  • ColourbrandColourbrand0 Posts: 0Member
    I do not like the new einterprise - looks too much of a charactature of a starship - it hijacks the Motion picture version with the classis grey lady.

Those pylons are awful. and the engines are so HUGE - and the thing was built on Earth?

the secondary hull looks silly, the neck is WAY massive, the topredo tube is a mere nipple!

BUT! BUT!

Hats off to Tobias for the hard labour, blurry eyes, and heart put into this - there has been a lot of work done to this. :thumb:

Respect sir!! DAMN GOOD WORK!!!

Why do I feel that they may take the P with this ship in the film?:mad:
  • ibaaibaa0 Posts: 0Member
    Jealousy...runs rampid in this forum.

Tobias your Enterprise is much better than anything I've seen anywhere on this website. Well done, bravo.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    You need to post more wallpapers. Many more wallapers!!
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    :thumb:
  • the Animaniacthe Animaniac181 Posts: 138Member
    Cool, very Nice Work!:thumb: You have turned a Design that evrybody has hated at the begin to a Stunner.
  • ScatterBrainScatterBrain0 Posts: 0Member
    OMG...

First post here and I've got to say Tobias YOU ROCK!!!!!!

These wallpapers are outstanding. I've saved them all! The Enterpise and the Nebula are my new background. DUDE, KEEP IT UP!!!!!
  • Kronos 1Kronos 10 Posts: 0Member
    I usually don't post much...just like to see the artist do their thing...but holy god that is insane work man. I was not too into the design until you started doing this model. Hats off to a stunning piece of work.
  • Tobias,

As the son of a 1st generation trekkie, I can say without a doubt that this is some of the finest renderings of the remixed Starship Enterprise that I have ever seen. Trust me, I've been scowering the net for great images through my 1st days on the Internet and all the books I have collected in my 25 years as a Star Trek fan.

I now have a 3 year old son, who never saw the JJ Abrams version of the Starship Enterprise. The only thing he's seen is the Star Trek: Remastered and Original Series, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise. However, when I put your 1st completed desktop image on my desktop on my Windows 7 Beta 1 machine, my son said this.

"Daddy, that's the Starship Enterprise."

You nailed it. Very awesome. I would love to add a blog post about your work to MySpace. Do you have a specific link or image that would be okay as long as I give you full credit? This has to be shared with other Star Trek fans.

My take on some of the thread hijacking debate:

About the JJ Abrams reboot. Cannonists vs New Blood, tradition versus the new. All of the answers can be found in the philosophy of Star Trek. In James Kirk's own words....

"Risk... Risk is our business. That's what this starship is all about. That's why we're aboard her."

"Now Mr. Scott! Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant."

And of course, in Jim Kirk's final log entry.

"Captain's Log, stardate 9529.1. This is the final cruise of the Starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun, and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man... where no *one* has gone before."

Star Trek was never about being traditional or conservative. Everything on the original series was done on the fly. It was embracing new ideas, challenging traditionalist ideas, embracing the taboo, and opening the minds to the unlimited possibilities of existence.

As Q would said, "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."

Great job Tobias.
    :thumb: VERY WELL SAID, Captain!! You should fly with the IFT, brother! That's what we're all about. Email me on that! Seriously :)
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    Tobias, how about some orthos? I know you did some of the untextured version, but I think some orthos of the finished ship would be pretty neat. :)
  • universaltimuniversaltim0 Posts: 0Member
    :thumb: VERY WELL SAID, Captain!! You should fly with the IFT, brother! That's what we're all about. Email me on that! Seriously :)

The Institute of Food Technologists?!? Well hey, everyone needs a hobby I guess...
    :D
    Promus wrote: »
    Tobias, how about some orthos? I know you did some of the untextured version, but I think some orthos of the finished ship would be pretty neat. :)

:thumb:Agreed... I'll do up some very cool CGI schematics for her!
    Does she have a logo/patch?
    Does she have a logo/patch?

Does who have a logo/patch? Well, it's a version of the Enterprise, and in the TOS era the Enterprise badge was the "arrowhead." The U.S.S. Exeter logo was a rectangle, the Constellation was a pretzel-shaped thing, the Starfleet logo was a boomerang...is that was you were asking?
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Edited so as not to offend anyone.
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Eep. I think that's just opening a giant can of worms, Road Warrior. :eek:

Let's just say that it's a particular stand on the, er, spirited debate over various Trek series, films, books, etc. and leave it at that.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    I did not mean any disrespect to any party involved-I just asked a question. But- I see what you mean.

Now lets get back to the topic at hand- this awesome mesh.
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    Indeed. I'd like to know if there's a possibility of an animation similar to the Kelvin fly-by...maybe set to Goldsmith's theme? ;)
  • JohnnyMuffintopJohnnyMuffintop173 Posts: 0Member
    Or you could do an animation that's a shot for shot redo of the TOS intro. :p
    Or some orthos. (Is Tobias even still reading this thread?)
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    Still here...

IA’m currently working on the animation of the E with the Kelvin, I hope to have that done by the end of march. As soon as I have a clip thatA’s worth looking at IA’ll give you a sneak-peak :D

I made some orthos, so here they are...