Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• gthompsngthompsn171 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! This has got to be one of the most menacing warship designs I've seen...
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    @Juanski, I'll see about doing a bridge forward shot later on - probably need to get a little more work done first.

So, in between olympics on tv, some work on the hangars. This is one of the tie fighter-launching hangars. There's going to be a longer one for dropships and such, and some smaller ones for shuttles and the like. They will all be in this style though. 2x3m thick external blast doors on this. The others will also be close-able.

46_small.jpg
  • NayslayerNayslayer333 Posts: 57Member
    Damn!
  • guddiguddi0 Posts: 0Member
    ****ing great details... think you can even make closeup scenes with every part of the ship.

nice double armoured doors!
  • CrepstierCrepstier0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! That's realy awsome o.O

I just checked the hole thread and all youre meshes are great. I hope you'll complete the DD soon but if u want to do your SD first: Good luck^^
    Playing with the dirtshader, trying a blue-white window color, and moving on to the main hangar. Also a shot with the bays for one side of the ship together. Visible rack space for 126 heavy fighters the size of a tie bomber of tie defender; would be more for regular sized fighters. Also the rack system will extend into the ship, hence the big access doors behind the visible rack slots. Upgrading fighter complement to 6 wings, given the amount of space actually available.

48_small.jpg

49_small.jpg

50_small.jpg

47_small.jpg
  • docpricedocprice0 Posts: 0Member
    lol..

"Hi my name is Fractalsponge and I PWNT your renders!!!11"

If only the Star Wars Galaxy was real. oh well i guess thats why we have people like you Sponge.
  • SGA_MaddinSGA_Maddin0 Posts: 0Member
    Just great man! very very mutch details! Lucas Arts would be happy about sutch a great modell^^
    lol, Geroge Lucas will probaly put a hit out on Fractalsponge. Cant have anyone around this good, its his way of keeping the iron grip on the franchise.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    ^
    Ol' Lucas is a cool dude. He has given us tons of entertainment over the years and made a killin' on the side. Got to give the guy and his companies credit for the advancment of tech. Goerge Lucas- Rock On!

His cohorts should NOT steal ANYONES hard work though. Mesh theft is theft. This can NOT be stressed enough.

Hey Docprice - Fractalsponge is a Darkside Genius- he would see any attack coming.:thumb:

Great work Fractalsponge.
    great work!
    6 wings are how many squadrons?
    ^ A product of Lucas brainwashing. Part of his new prolucas prapaganda. lol....

Im just messen. nice work fractle but On your close ups on the hanger bays on the out side the off colors look grainy. almost airbrused grainy. just my 2 cents.
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    docprice wrote: »
    lol, Geroge Lucas will probaly put a hit out on Fractalsponge. Cant have anyone around this good, its his way of keeping the iron grip on the franchise.

It would be one huge case of double standards if he did, given that FU trailer.

6 wings are 6 lots of 6 squadrons of 12 fighters = 432 ships.
    so, 36 squadrons... thats many. according to wookiepedia (whatever its called :)) the executor just hast 12.

lets see. maybe we see it in one of the last episodes of the new sw series or in the next series :cool:
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Those hangar interiors are pretty sweet.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    No, those hangers are @#$@#$ sweet.
    guddi wrote: »
    so, 36 squadrons... thats many. according to wookiepedia (whatever its called :)) the executor just hast 12.

lets see. maybe we see it in one of the last episodes of the new sw series or in the next series :cool:

Yeah and a Venator has 35. The Executor numbers are just plain wrong obviously.
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    You have got to be setting some sort of speed record here, I'd still be on page 1. :lol:

Awesome work, love the hangers!
    This is the hangar setup with the handling racks setup. This shot is looking aft.

51_small.jpg
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    :eek!:wow...
    you've got a point with the squadrons.

nice. and where it is on the ship? :) obviously on the bottom but where exactly?
    I retract my statment on the Grainy look, i was off. my apologizies.

Fantastic work you got going here.

You gotta give me the tech specs, so i can use it in a RPG game. oh mama will they pucker up when this baby enters the games. mahahaha.
  • LeoBerlinLeoBerlin333 Posts: 2Member
    That is an astonishing model, very accurate and clean. I'm sure you will love to "paint it". ;)
    There's so much detail on there I don't think there will be too much necessity to texture a whole lot.
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah and a Venator has 35. The Executor numbers are just plain wrong obviously.

But the Executor is a command ship, wouldn't it have more room for command and control, logistics and whatnot, and have a squadron of ISD's for defense (along with all their squadrons of fighters and bombers)? I could see the Executor as a "mobile" base ship for a long large campaign. All the general staff would billet there, with the theatre command. With the exception of the Death Star, which I still don't understand how it gets around, this would be the best way to get a large theatre of war command into action.

This beast is more of a super carrier (or even a "carrier class" if star destroyer is a class rather than a nickname).

oh, yeah: SERIOUS Droolage over that hangar bay!!!

:thumb:
  • Wicked, wicked, wicked, wicked!!!! That's all I can say.
    the idea behind the Executer Class Super was to be a Foward command and controll ship away from the Death Star. You are correct that a Large portion if not all the Commanding staff would be on board the Super. As seen in ROTJ it was Lord Vaders personal ship where he commanded his ISD fleet. It is logical that most of the ship is dedicated to Fleet controll with comms, data, infortion collection and desimination. But keep in mind when the Empire launched a campain it not only had its naval and air forces, but also a substancle ground force. All of that information traffic came through the Super. As with current command ships its offensive and defensive capabilitys are limited and rely on its other ships to preform thoose tasks. This is also seen in ROTJ with luke and Han on the Lamda class shuttle requesting permission to land on Endor. and then durring the Fleet battle the Formation of the ISDs were in a picket stance (stagard) around the Super so that it was protected by the overlaping fields of fire from the other ships.

So it would stand to reason for a command and controll ship to have a limited number of squadrons for light point defense. But this is all based off the theroy the the Super SD was infact solely designed for the command and controll role on the battle field.
  • gthompsngthompsn171 Posts: 0Member
    True enough, but I think the Executor and others like it were designed to inspire fear in and of themselves. They were not cost-effective (since a fleet of smaller vessels could do the job with less expenditure of resources), they were meant to be brazen demonstrations of POWER.

The fact that they were so easily destroyed in the movies is more due to the willingness of George Lucas to sacrifice realistic military considerations for a cheap shot at trying to create an "epic" story.

Before anyone flames, please note that I enjoyed Star Wars a lot. My comments are similar in intent to the many comments I see here regarding a model that has a lot of potential, but has some core issues that need to be fixed if it is going to achieve it.
    A 17km ship that has a hangar cavity that can engulf a star destroyer squadron ...that is mostly office space? :) Just doesn't hold water. When it comes down to it, most of the RPG numbers are just stupid. Certainly it may have had a luxurious amount of space dedicated to C&C facilities, but it's still meant to fight as a warship, and the bulk of the space is going to be dedicated to that; power, engines, weapons, and yes, hangars. After all, if it is a base for a ton of troops, it will need staging areas for the dropships and transports, barges to carry AT-ATs (which are in themselves huge). More than enough space to stage thousands of fighters if they had to.
    How do you get around on a ship that's 17km long in any reasonable amount of time?? lol