Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Dr. Jones wrote: »
    damn you're fast!

I would have seen a smaller hangar bay on this big wall http://fractalsponge.net/big/23.jpg , like for a shuttle or something. It would look great, but probably too exposed

ISDs have never been shown with lateral hangar bays, only ventral bays. It's not a Mon Cal cruiser, after all.:devil::D
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Jedilaw wrote: »
    ISDs have never been shown with lateral hangar bays, only ventral bays. It's not a Mon Cal cruiser, after all.

Ah... but take back one kadam to honor the Mon Cal god whose ship this is... this isn't an ISD either... ignore me I'm just trying to cause trouble... :lol:
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I'd love to know how long these images are taking to render??
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Severus wrote: »
    Ah... but take back one kadam to honor the Mon Cal god whose ship this is... this isn't an ISD either... ignore me I'm just trying to cause trouble... :lol:

Multiple classes of ISD there are. An ISD the Executor is...
  • guddiguddi0 Posts: 0Member
    Too much with Yoda you spoke!!! :D
  • docpricedocprice0 Posts: 0Member
    The Venators did have lateral bays, it could be a Saucy sexy come back.

Peak Technology with a hint of retro thrown in. I know Palpatine likes to throw it back old school.
    docprice wrote: »
    The Venators did have lateral bays, it could be a Saucy sexy come back.

Peak Technology with a hint of retro thrown in. I know Palpatine likes to throw it back old school.

Yeah... so take that...
    And you're right Doc, the lateral bays were very, very HOT...
  • Dr. JonesDr. Jones0 Posts: 0Member
    Severus wrote: »
    the lateral bays were very, very HOT...
    :D Yeah sometimes I touch myself thinking about fighters landing in lateral bays. Doing it from the sides. HOT
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Was out of town this weekend, but did manage to block out the engines, reactor bulb, and provisional hangar arrangement. The hangars will be death star-style lateral hangars in the inset bays shown below - less vulnerable.

Working on the windows now. Added about a thousand to the terrace, checking the effect, and if it works will extend them through the rest of the detailed areas.

36_small.jpg

37_small.jpg

38_small.jpg
    looks like it gets a primary reactor and one secondary. like the arrangement of the engines.

but I couldnt figure out where the hangars are supposed to be?
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice details. They'll have to add a few more trombones and tubas to the orchestra when that thing goes across the screen.
    You know, I like everything you've done with this ship with the one glaring exception of the that second larger reactor dome on the underside. This is just my opinion of course and feel free to dismiss it, but that second larger dome really screws up the scale of the ship for me. I know its supposed to be a large ship but when I see that, I can't help but compare it to an Imperator and think of it as smaller. I realize the original drawing was done that way too, but this seems like the perfect time to take some artistic license with that particular aspect. That being said, I like the arrangement of the engines and how you've incorporated the curves in the back of the ship.
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    @Severus - I am tempted to agree, but then the size of the ship dictates a much larger reactor. The ship by itself will have other things on it (like tiny windows and tiny turrets) to indicate scale, but I imagine the real effect of size would be when the ship comes alongside a standard ISD, and then the tremendous size becomes more obvious.

I guess from a design standpoint, having 2 or 3 smaller reactors would provide some redundant safety features as well as having a bank of engines being fed by one of several reactors.
    I appreciate your point severus, but it's not an interdictor - won't have

The real point of scale is the bridge tower - it's the ISD module, and even bigger. That's always been the primary visual cue for scaling for me when it comes to SW capital ships. Of course, there are going to be windows, as Mach Crit said.

So, some windows:

The second shot should have been so that the windows were on the shaded side, but forgot. Not like they would show up on the side with the key-light anyway, not at this range.

39_small.jpg

40_small.jpg
  • Lord ErisuLord Erisu0 Posts: 0Member
    Dear god, thats Insane. Beautiful too. I need to find a bucket to drool into...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I demand you stop trying to pass off photos as cg renders ;P

Serioulsy great detail there.
    Again, I demand that I and Names Captain of this myjestic beast and dispense Galatic Justice in the Emporers Name. :devil:
    hehe
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    This is nothing, a single X-Wing could well destroy it... pfft...

;)
    Wiz wrote: »
    This is nothing, a single X-Wing could well destroy it... pfft...

;)

If there's a small exhaust port :D

Nevertheless, great work!!
    Ill be sure to station extra guards next to that exahust port and post more security outside the bridge and Domes on top of the bridge. Problem solved.
  • Lord ErisuLord Erisu0 Posts: 0Member
    And what, pray tell, are extra guards gonna do?? Ya need extra AA emplacements. And a field of fire so think that one can only get in when all the turrets have run out of ammo. :P
  • Steve O B HaveSteve O B Have0 Posts: 0Member
    epic work - Love it!
    no you misunderstand, When the energy shield fails that what the extraaaa guards are for, more like a bioshield. lol.....

@ Fract...

Great work, I really am enjoying the feel of this ship. I like it more than the Executor, next on the list. A mod for Star Wars " Empire at War" lets see this baby in action.

Darth Vader "Dont Fail me again Commander" /Force choke
    In honor of my recent upgrade from a dual core2 6600 to a quad core 6600, I am rendering out large shots of everything to date. Here you go. Windows in the trench, and all of the terraces now. Next up, probably hangars.

41_small.jpg

44_small.jpg
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Makes me wish i had a massive monitor to display these as full size desktops :)
    wow she is Beautifull, The quite before the Storm. ooooo has a nice ring to it.
    Wow... Just great!! Even with a 22" monitor you dont get it completly :D
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    Wow... incredible... :eek:

For my taste the windowlights are a little to yellow I think.

And is that a sec. bridge by the forwarded globes ? :o
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Wowsers! It won't even fit stretched across two monitors!

Nice work!
  • JuanskiJuanski331 Posts: 30Member
    If your taking requests.... I'd love to see a render from the bridge point of view looking forward. Just to get a perspective of how immense it is.