Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGliese

kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2010 in Work in Progress #1
ok I am starting a new thread for this whole ordeal, the last one seems alot screwy. So anyway now that I have help with this project from star_creations things should come along faster now!
Post edited by kborak on
Tagged:

• star_creationsstar_creations0 Posts: 0Member
    i am very happy to help and be part of this project
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    haven't seen the other thread but this looks good so far, reminds me of an air carrier from some video game I can't remember the name of
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    ok I am reposting this background that I have done....

Gliese 581
    A Brief history:

Two years after the end of world war three, the Eastern Alliance still upset about their plot in life, left earth in search of a planet first discovered over 30 years earlier. All contact between earth and the Eastern Alliance is lost, and all on earth are left wondering where they went. On Earth life goes on, people continue to rebuild after the war. The loss of so many humans at one time brings Earth together, a vote is held, and on Aug. 24 2041, Earth unifies under one leader. Over the next eight years. Man settles all corners of the Solar system. The Moon, Mars and Ganymede, all colonized. Space stations are built, and man truly begins living among the stars. The Stellar Defense Fleet is created in 2044, the stated reason, if the Eastern Alliance found a place to settle and thrive, that they would most likely return. By the end of 2045 the S.D.F. Stands at 10 capital ships. By June of 2046 the fleet is up to 85 ships of the line. By this time, ships are sent out on exploratory missions, officially for nothing more than scientific and exploratory reasons, many suspected it was a mission to locate the Eastern Alliance. In February of 2067 an E.D.F. Ship close to the system Gliese 581, stumbles upon a single, one man fighter. The pilot replied to hales in an odd language. A rough mix of Russian and Arabic. After a few minutes the craft, later determined to be a fighter, sends a recorded message in English. A“All earth vessels stay away from Gliese!A” Then leaves back towards the system.
    SDF command ordered that all ships stay 500 light years from Gliese from that point on. Another fifty years rolls by, technology increases, and the speed of space travel has almost doubled. The population of the Sol system continued to grow as well. A census taken in 2115, showed the systems population at just over 5 billion people. The SDF, which at this point has come to stand for The Sol Defense Fleet, stands at close to 1000 ships. The ships that comprise the military part of the fleet it, has been decided, were to be stylized to resemble ships of the old earth Navies. The largest of these ships, the carriers, even though untested in battle, more than 3 times the size of a Naval carrier, are more than a force to be reckoned with.
    In 2091, the more than 20 settlements, and Earth voted to declare themselves as a united system. No longer known as The United Earth States, They proclaimed themselves The United Sol System. In 2117 the system becoming very populated more and more, groups set out on journey's of exploration. To explore new systems to settle. Almost a century after the mass exodus of the Eastern alliance, man once again looked to settle outside the boundaries of the Sun. This surge of transit outside of the system had only one outcome. A group of prospectors were the ones who broke the 500 light year boundary, they were the first ones destroyed. War ensued. Military outposts were created. Systems were captured and fought over, men died. War, a war that was restarted for reasons one could only guess at.

I have also installed the forward torpedoe launchers as well, not quite sure on what the torps will look like, maybe something more like a big blunt bullet. They will be small for the ship that is firing them but they will back quiet a punch.

The earth pic was a request of my 5 year old. He said he wanted me to make Earth, I figured it was good practice for sets. Any comments?

(removed pics for space)
    very impressive bg...and the earth is quite good...great job.
    Ty star, Im going for this sort of look....sorta, the hull anyway

pic removed for space
    ok my update for the night!
    A minor update for today.....
    ah what they heck....I started the torpedoe's. There are going to be two identical types of this mainstay weapon, the only difference being size. One for the ships and a smaller one for the fighters.

Edit: The blue spots are magnetic feild emitters...so It can be fired magneticaly of course!
    Ok last one for the night I swear just playing around with backgrounds somemore. I know the lens flare is too strong but this is a first attempt.
    49993.jpg
    Started Blocking in one of the space stations. What ya think?
    50041.jpg
    Ok I started the conn tower, the exhuast grids, and rear gun emplacements.

I relly like the idea of the Conn tower, but not sure if it fits in right. Any Ideas?
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    kborak wrote: »
    Started Blocking in one of the space stations. What ya think?

I like the layout :thumb:. I would throw in a couple of even bigger docking areas for bigger ships, right after the last ones at the end of the station. Or even make a different docking area on the opposite side of the station for larger ships. The main station body is a little thick right now but I'm sure as you refine and add details it will look less blockish.
    Ok I started the conn tower, the exhuast grids, and rear gun emplacements.

I relly like the idea of the Conn tower, but not sure if it fits in right. Any Ideas?

I'm partial to conning towers as I have always thought of space ships as subs in space :lol: But I would make the conning tower longer (not taller). Take a look at the Kursk or a Typhoon class sub. I use a conning tower as the bridge on my Iron Sun Carrier. Kind of started to make it look like a Gothic cathedral :)
    i agree with cavebear, make it longer.
    And i was wondering, what Max version are you using?

Oh and i will have an update shortly on the fighter.
    ok Longer it is then. Star its max 9. And cave Im really not sure what the main part of the station is going to look like but it will look different for sure.
    ok I had a look at the Kursk and the Typhoon, your right I think this looks better. More along the lines of what you were thinking?
    Oh by the way shouldnt these jpg's look clearer if Im saving it on the highest quality settings? They are very blury to me.

(pics removed for space)
    ok I had a look at the Kursk and the Typhoon, your right I think this looks better. More along the lines of what you were thinking?
    Oh by the way shouldnt these jpg's look clearer if Im saving it on the highest quality settings? They are very blury to me.

Yes much better :thumb:

I especially like the third pic as it really shows off the new shape to the best advantage. :)

I save my stuff in the highest quality jpg's too but also as png's as sometimes there is a bit of difference. But at the highest quality with the least amount of compression you will still get that problem as the surrounding pixels are still averaged to some extent.:(
    ok I resaved the render as a psd then opened it in photoshop and put the ship over the background layer. I think this pic looks a little better.
    ok I resaved the render as a psd then opened it in photoshop and put the ship over the background layer. I think this pic looks a little better.

Much sharper! Now the tubing at the front is much clearer. It may be a pain to do you have found a good way to save the pics nice and clear.:thumb:
  • Dark AngelDark Angel331 Posts: 1Member
    I love the space station. Love to see more of it.:thumb:
    Oh there will be alot more of the station Angel. Cave TY I like the long tower alot better myself. And saving the renders as a png is something I should have been doing a long time ago!
  • vividevolutionvividevolution171 CA. USAPosts: 26Member
    Any news on the fighter?
    Or will the Modified Star Fighter be the fighter?
    Any news on the fighter?
    Or will the Modified Star Fighter be the fighter?

The modified fighter is going to serve as the mainstay fighter for what the unified earth turns into. There are going to be a couple others. Probably one other fighter for now and an attack draft plus a few support craft. There are going to be other capital ships of course and for now at least two other different fleet types. For now that is.

I havent done anything else on the other fighter that has been seen on the other post because I am deciding on whether to start it over from scratch. This fighter will be used as the mainstay fighter for what will be born from part of the eastern alliance. The overall look will remain the same, however there are alot of things that need fixed.
    a small update on one of the eastern alliance fighter.
    :devil:A small update on the overall project. Another of the Eastern alliance fighters. The MIG-145.
  • vividevolutionvividevolution171 CA. USAPosts: 26Member
    Whoa..
    Ok this one I like.
    Uhm.. have you considered stretching it a little longer?

Jus a thought.
    Whoa..
    Ok this one I like.
    Uhm.. have you considered stretching it a little longer?

Jus a thought.

I have actually just not sure if I want to do it or not. Im trying to keep this one very compact.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Very nice work kborak, :thumb:. And the last two posts, the fighter, simple geometry, but very impressive. Also, great scene on page 1, but the sun, if it's our own Sol, is too red. Other than that it's very good for a first try.
    The modified fighter is going to serve as the mainstay fighter for what the unified earth turns into. There are going to be a couple others. Probably one other fighter for now and an attack draft plus a few support craft. There are going to be other capital ships of course and for now at least two other different fleet types. For now that is.

I havent done anything else on the other fighter that has been seen on the other post because I am deciding on whether to start it over from scratch. This fighter will be used as the mainstay fighter for what will be born from part of the eastern alliance. The overall look will remain the same, however there are alot of things that need fixed.

Does that mean you want me to redo the fighter was scratch?..or where you talking about a different that you wanted to redo?
    Does that mean you want me to redo the fighter was scratch?..or where you talking about a different that you wanted to redo?

no DONT REDO THAT ONE! I LOVE THE ONE YOUR WORKING ON. no I was talking about the fighter for the former middle east.