Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGliese

• MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Hmmm, so far my wild guess that they might have ended up in some temp or quarantine directory. Save for data recovery tools I'm out of suggestions too then, sorry mate.
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh no! I hope you can recover the files. Do you have a backup program you can check archives for?
  • star_creationsstar_creations0 Posts: 0Member
    Shoot I even had him check the Auto backup folders...but nothing there too...sure is odd.

But I have also lost work a few times in the past and I had to redo my work from scratch, at first it was a pain, but oddly enough, when i redid my work, it was ten times better...odd huh.....so don't feel down or upset bro.
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Im not I was a little preturbed last night but I think losing it is a good thing since it has forced me to rethink of few aspects of the story....that means rewrites. Thank god Im still at the beggining lol!
    ok so heres what we got going, just a little work on the redesign. I hate losing my work so this is backed up now 3 times lol.
  • Monkey BoyMonkey Boy0 Posts: 0Member
    Ahh, hell! That's a bloody shame that is!
    But don't go openning a vein or anything!
    a little update
    Hehe, That's looking cute and expendable. Good tactic, who'd want to fire on something that adorable anyway:D
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    I dunno, quite honestly I like the old design a lot more. SCs fighter does look somewhat like realistic western stealth designs, while your previous mig looked like a realistic future russian design. While this looks completely different, and totally out of place with the rest of the ships imo. It doesn't even really look human atm. I wish you would rework your mig as it was, or at least close to it, I know its hard to loose work, been there, but it looked really good.
    Hate to say this, but I do agree with Berkut...Bring back your old design would be cool...
    Berkut wrote: »
    I dunno, quite honestly I like the old design a lot more. SCs fighter does look somewhat like realistic western stealth designs, while your previous mig looked like a realistic future russian design. While this looks completely different, and totally out of place with the rest of the ships imo. It doesn't even really look human atm. I wish you would rework your mig as it was, or at least close to it, I know its hard to loose work, been there, but it looked really good.
    @meph ouch! lol

@Berkut ty for the compliment.

ok ok I will make my best attempt I will begin it today. I will relegate this best to another role some where.

thank you all for the compliments!
    Yeah, sorry, @Berkut is right, this looks to have come from a different tech level to the other fighters - it is halfway between a jedi starfighter and a wing commander kilrathi light fighter.

She is an interesting little fella, so don't abandon her, but I don't think she belongs in your current project.
    Alright you all win this is a little bit of the rebuilding of the mig. A little different configuration of the engines. Now there will be a tottal of 4 now. 2 atmo 2 for space. I hope this is a satisfactory reconstruction.
    looks good so far, keep up the work :thumb:

nose looks somewhat weird, but I think that's because of the lack of cockpit atm
    Now thats COOL...I love it man
    Ty both of you.

@berkut yeah the tip of the nose is giving me a littlel trouble but I think I remember how I got it the way I wanted it last time.
    Serendipity my friend!
    Perhaps you were meant to lose the last design, that front-on view is kickin'
    I agree, the nose has very beautiful lines. The only thing that's sticking out my eye with a tobasco-coated toothpick are those two bulges right next to the engine. The front of them is too blunt and really mess up the lines of that baby's butt. I'd get rid of them and either just 'remove' them so the engine housing goes straight into the wing without a useles bump or either blend in the engine housing with the body to make it one smooth curve.

If you're looking for some inspiration of current day russian X-planes..
    MiG-35 / 1.42 Multifunctional Fighter [MFI]
    Air Force Technology - Su-47 (S-37) Berkut - Experimental Fighter Aircraft
    Sukhoi Su-47 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And in case you weren't looking, here you go anyway :D
    @Meph the bumps are going to house the ION drives, I really cant think of any other way of getting them on there without them lookin like an after thought.
    Hmmm since they're obviously a lot smaller than the main engines you could try moving them further away from the main engines. Also make them longer towards the wing's leading edge, creating a sort of seperate, tapering engine pod merged with the wing, but also softly blended in with the main body.

Just a suggestion of course, in the end it's your design. I just feel that it's way to blocky and blunt right now and it's messing the otherwise fluid lines a bit.
    i feel what you saying meph but I think that those humps are going to end up being important. Star and myself where going over technologies for the story and some changes have been made that the "humps" may be perfect for. So for now Im leaving them in, but you never know what may happen when writing the story itself.

Update started the window, just an idea, going to play with it more still. The cockpit is still going to be accessed from an underside hatch. Put the seat in to give an idea of visibility through the windows.

what you guys think?
    a different config on the windows and lighting for mood.
    53475.jpg
    Awesome work bro, awesome work
    ty star I realized earlier today though that I have to lower the cockpit deck a bit cause its almost cutting into the lower windows on their bottom side.
    not necessarily, it does give the pilot a better view in front and below fighter. Good work on the windows. Something bugs me about those canards though, maybe make them wider? or not facing up so much, or a bit of both. Hope that made sense
    Hmm the partition in the middle isn't doing it for me to be honest. It block the view too much and it doesnt suit the lines of the fighter. I think it would look better with one partition for the back bit as is now but the frotn bit would look better with an extra division, making it three sections.
    ok meph you win on one tell me how this looks cause personally I think your right with the three sections on the glass. Also redid the cocpit area I think this one is looking way better. I used the red clow once agian for the obvious reasons.

Owe I almost forgot I lowered the canard tips a bit too. I think it helps alot.
    Great work...very impressive boss..
    good stuff, although I would make the pilot smaller in relation to the fighter. Right now he looks like if you put a helmet on him he'll practically be hitting the ceiling. Also the cockpit looks kinda really small compared to stars fighter, while migs are generally about the same size as western aircraft.
    Hehe, good stuff indeed, that looks a lot better :thumb:
    Berkut's got a point though, scale the pilot down a litle to that his eyes are below the first strut, as it is now the division is blocking his view.
    Another option is to scale them way down and two of them side by side, much like an SU34 of a Viking, that could work too. Actually that depends a bit on the role of the ship, to be honest I have no idea if it's meant to be a light fighter or a larger fighter/bomber.