Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    thanks for those numbers, well serenity is 2050:1, my stargate ship is 5102:1
  • scootesscootes171 Posts: 0Member
    good job on them models Nikin... I know I could never do any thing like that.

Regards Jesh
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Not bad models there.

Anyone know of a good site to get Textures from? and where i could find a good texture tutorial?

I flunked out of my UNI course before they really got into showing us how to get textures into a scene and how to modify them.
    here is my first attempt at a landing gear system. I personally think they suck and proly wont try to model any more landing gear mechinisms again but just thought I would give it a try anyways.

Regards Jesh
    ^ Nice start there Scootes. A bit too...round and curvy though, the Prometheus landing gear is much more blocky and boxy. Hope that helps scootes :)
    why yes Choo that does help abit

Regards Jesh
    NIKIN wrote: »
    that's great, I don't think it's what you ahve in mind but it almost looks like a carrier ship that can dump the hangars if it gets into big combat or just to leave the 302s somewhere

do you mean somthin like this?

Regards Jesh
    scootes wrote: »

Regards Jesh

That looks great scootes.

Having the pods detachable like that means that they can serve any number of purposes (shelter, hospital, command post, etc) while the rest of the ship is off doing something else.

Are you planning on greebling this ship soon?
    yes, exactly like that :)
  • scorpiusscorpius332 Posts: 0Member
    scootes wrote: »

Regards Jesh

That looks so cool scootes, that was a great idea NIKIN. Also the ship looks great on it's own without the pods as well, kinda like a Prommie on speed lol
    hermiod wrote: »
    That looks great scootes.

Having the pods detachable like that means that they can serve any number of purposes (shelter, hospital, command post, etc) while the rest of the ship is off doing something else.

Are you planning on greebling this ship soon?

yes that was the idea also combined Nikin's idea with one of my freinds ideas. my freind said that the Hammond class would look good with two large guns attached to the sides in place of the hangers so I made one. my idea is that this new ship could also drop its attachments and change them out. also changed the Hammond to where it can swap the hangers with the guns.

so this is the unveiling of de Clinton class BB-401 (and yes this is a modified Hammond it was modded as a means to counter the Ori) All C&C is welcome

Regards Jesh

and no proly not gonna start to greeble for awhile last time I treid my comp didnt like it much and I am in the process of redesigning the bays(again:rolleyes:) so not quit to that point yet
  • XjamesxXjamesx171 Posts: 0Member
    Hey all. I like what everyones doing. I got these schematics off the season 2 dvd. Thought I'd share them. They are the production schematics by James Robbins the lead designer for stargate. I resized them so they are a nice size...

and a highres image here

http://daapspace4.daap.uc.edu/~robbinjw/images/304schematics.jpg

Also some renders he did that were on the dvd.

-James-
    Xjamesx wrote: »
    Hey all. I like what everyones doing. I got these schematics off the season 2 dvd. Thought I'd share them. They are the production schematics by James Robbins the lead designer for stargate. I resized them so they are a nice size...

and a highres image here

-James-

very nice

Regards Jesh
  • tadztadz175 Posts: 0Member
    hey guys this is the ship i was talking about a few pages back and it isn't a very good image

A little bit about the ship:

1)The Serpent class is about 25 meters wide and 50-60 in length and about 3 floors high
    2)The Severus hold about 4-6 of the Serpent class in its top deck of the hanger ( btw the Severus is a lot smaller now, i have agreed to change her to about double the size of the Hammond (Scootes dedicated carrier) and i am thinking of reducing it a bit more but i will let u guys decide that so give us your thoughts on ways to improve the Severus)

thanks
    Tadz
  • Legolas25Legolas250 Posts: 0Member
    Xjamesx wrote: »

and a highres image here

-James-

Very nice work on the Daedalus so far. However, I'd throw away the schematic view. :) It was done for the magazine more then anything, and not very accurate compared to the studio model. I did do up one that's a lot more accurate if you'd like, it's in my 2D starship schematics WIP page, and someone else did one up too (prior to and after mine). I think you'll find them a lot better reference for your model (I'm trying to get my schematic as close as possible)
    tadz wrote: »
    hey guys this is the ship i was talking about a few pages back and it isn't a very good image

A little bit about the ship:

1)The Serpent class is about 25 meters wide and 50-60 in length and about 3 floors high
    2)The Severus hold about 4-6 of the Serpent class in its top deck of the hanger ( btw the Severus is a lot smaller now, i have agreed to change her to about double the size of the Hammond (Scootes dedicated carrier) and i am thinking of reducing it a bit more but i will let u guys decide that so give us your thoughts on ways to improve the Severus)

thanks
    Tadz

Very nice Tadz. hoe to see more of your little ship!
    Legolas25 wrote: »
    Very nice work on the Daedalus so far. However, I'd throw away the schematic view. :) It was done for the magazine more then anything, and not very accurate compared to the studio model. I did do up one that's a lot more accurate if you'd like, it's in my 2D starship schematics WIP page, and someone else did one up too (prior to and after mine). I think you'll find them a lot better reference for your model (I'm trying to get my schematic as close as possible)

Oooo cool!!! yes me would very much like schemstics on any sg ship! good on makeing one!

Regards Jesh

also these are the mods Tadz was talking bout on his serverus model. Sorry the serverus is not more near completeion but here is the pics showing the differnt size. first is origanal size, second is the new smaller size.

All C&C direct too Tadz please not me for this is his ship I am mearly putting it into 3d for him.

oh and another thing all creds to greizlek for his deady mesh.
    I'm happy to see you decide to scale the ship down a bit tadz, I think the majority of people will be pleased about that as well. It looks a much more reasonable size now. And great work scootes, nice to see your models in a row like that. I still think it would be a great idea for us to get together as many models as possible to make a sort of calling all stargate fans ships of the line type image, or series of images. There've been so many wonderful designs throughout this thread (which I'd like to point out is nearing it's first birthday! congratulations freekzilla is all I can say) it would be nice to see lots of models from different builders in one thread
    scorpius wrote: »
    I still think it would be a great idea for us to get together as many models as possible to make a sort of calling all stargate fans ships of the line type image, or series of images.

if you send me the mesh I will render a pic with all ships that people send me will need the ship name, class, and designation (IE BC-304, CVF-308, ECT...) they must all be the correct size in proportion to the deady. and all ships must be in a format that Max or Milkshape can import.

scorpius wrote: »
    And great work scootes, nice to see your models in a row like that.

thank you I will have to remake the C-305 heavy cargo into max and start that ship back up again aswell as the B-309 bomber.

Regards Jesh
    btw i have also been trying a few designs for a small cargo ship almost exactly the same size as the serpent. When i have finished i will post all pics up and thanks for helping me out jesh

Tadz
    tadz wrote: »
    btw i have also been trying a few designs for a small cargo ship almost exactly the same size as the serpent. When i have finished i will post all pics up and thanks for helping me out jesh

Tadz

no problem always glad to help out some one that is 3d-challenged:lol:

and cant wait to see some drawings of ur cargo ship. whats it one goin to be called?

Regards Jesh
    um no any suggestion's?
    Well after months of inactivity I finally came up with an update. :)

Daedalus40.jpg

Thanks go out to Scootes and a real life friend (that let me loan his DVD's) for giving me new inspiration. :cool:
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Whoa!

I like!
    Eagle wrote: »
    Thanks go out to Scootes and a real life friend (that let me loan his DVD's) for giving me new inspiration. :cool:

I'm real too!!!!

just online not offline:D.

and nice job on the deady:thumb:

Regards Jesh
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for reminding me that this thread's birthday is coming up. Can you believe that!?!?! Didcha ever thunk it? And to think, this one thread has been viewed over 135,000 times!!! WHOA! And it has over what, 2,300 posts now too? THAT is no small thing there if I do say so myself. I wonder how much of an impact this thread has had on SFM? I think I should get an award for this monster,...just cause of the sheer luck it took to keep my baby going this long. LOL!!! I think CASF is #1 in total views, and 3rd in total posts. Not too shabby.:thumb: Especially considering that Stargate isn't as widely followed as the other "Star" series (IE: Trek, Wars etc) I'm both pleased and in awe. :thumb:
    me too freek... me too

I think you did a good job in creating this thread:thumb: and I too am suprised that it made it this far. you do deserve an award for the creation of this thread!! its just so fracking awsome!!!

Regards Jesh
    I'd like to think that it could maybe get headered for it's birthday, I think that would be quite fitting. I expect there are other threads that have gone on for long periods of time but I can't imagine any thread in SFM history has had such major contributions from so many different people.

And also, as it is it's birthday I was thinking it would be cool for people who've contributed their designs to come up with their own images to celebrate using those ships. Just an idea but thought it would be cool to see images of all our ships, many of which we haven't seen in a long time!
    the 2 first pics are drawings i didn't like much but u might so i will post them up anyway the other smaller fighter sized craft is my favorite design for a scout ship (larober class) all c&c welcome:D
    nice work Tadz:thumb:

Regards Jesh
    Finally got some time today to do some more work on the Yakami. Things I've done since the last images: extended the fins downwards, I think it improves the balance of the ship; bombing hatches, 4 twin launchers on each side (may revise that downward depending on Raynor's input); front bay hatch, used when the ship is landed if the crew can't use asgard transporters or want to use it for any other reason (the image with the hatches closed has an error with the front hatch, has been fixed now); rear underside hatch for deployment of "Horizon" weapon platforms or similar; and finally I've lengthened the ship as well, more streamlined now I think.

I'm going to need help with scaling, it's one thing I'm really not very confident with. If somebody could possible show me what they think a reasonable size for both windows and a person would be in comparison to the rest of the ship (Raynor, you might want to do this, that way you get a scale you're happy with). I'm going to upload a side on image in my next post which might be easiest to show this on.

C&C welcome as always
This discussion has been closed.