Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DReady Room Stargazer

13»

• vfxartvfxart1271 PNWPosts: 268Member
    edited December 2023 #62
    Some progress on the NCC-7100's home (You all know it's not the Stargazer, right...?)

Working this up with the Hoth and Rebel bits this week. Just a wider shot showing the 'platform' for the piece.

9qvgbfhvy50r.jpg

Post edited by vfxart on
    BolianAdmiralStarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777wibble
    edited December 2023 #63
    Oh yeah, this is gonna take some dialing in...

45wlqz7xtpwh.jpg

More common angle:
    ras9jxdq4elr.jpg

Post edited by vfxart on
    xiaorobearevil_genius_180Lizzy777wibbleBolianAdmirallennier1StarCruiserPheylanashleytingerRekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1188 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,629Member
    This is awesome
    vfxart
    Thanks...! Still a way to go, but glad it is coming together... I need to get this in UE, and decide how to frame and render this... 'vignette'? not sure there's a better term for this sort of thing... more soon-ish. ;-)

And as I said in another thread, thanks to everyone who's Like or had a comment or just had a look here. Might be a second of your time, but gives a lot of momentum to things. (And I'm absolutely horrible about it, I feel like my comments are broken records... unless folks are asking for serious critique or input... but even then...)
    evil_genius_180BolianAdmiral
    That wood texture you have on the top looks really nice… just the right amount of shine so that it looks realistic, and not “over-polished”.
    vfxart
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2073 Central OhioPosts: 1,265Member
    That wall carpeting... spot on
    vfxart
    edited December 2023 #68

There were two front-runners for it...

cp568vfijcv4.png

Post edited by vfxart on
    evil_genius_180StarCruiser
    That wood texture you have on the top looks really nice… just the right amount of shine so that it looks realistic, and not “over-polished”.

Thanks-- worked to try to match it to one of the screenshots of Picard and Troi entering the Ready Room....

miimde9h2bl7.jpeg
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserBolianAdmiral
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804608 Posts: 11,186Member
    vfxart wrote: »

There were two front-runners for it...

cp568vfijcv4.png

Ah yes. That time Spock dressed like he was going to a swingers club. :lol:
    StarCruiser
    edited January 10 #71
    And I think we call it done here.... learned a few more bits about the ship, or rather some new observations on my part, so a few tweaks.

Definitely running up against my patience to light and render... these are... 7 second? heh- renders out of Marmoset. It's a skill that I greatly need to develop, but have to admit to being caught up in analysis paralysis, as the choices are insane. Marmoset is so much faster than UE, but I wonder if I'll be better served taking everything into UE for portfolio renders. Octane/UE was very good to me for a short while.

daf3gj81ztw3.png

8dx8bkmm3a8z.png

2hxtrkw0gss4.png

ansvur6b7qp0.png

Post edited by vfxart on
    Mustang13Camaro68trekkiBolianAdmiralashleytingerStarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180Rekkertwibbleseanrand 2 others.
  • trekkitrekki964 Posts: 1,417Member
    Very cool! 👍
    vfxart
    Damn, ship aside, that wall fabric texture is PERFECT.
    vfxart
  • seanrseanr1380 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 631Member
    This is fantastic. I'd love to use it in my Galaxy Class bridge set if I ever get around to adding the ready room. 😂

https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/10001304/galaxy-class-bridge

Maybe we can arrange a trade of some sort. Obviously, I use Blender, but DM me if you're interested. :)
    vfxart
    edited February 6 #75
    seanr wrote: »
    This is fantastic. I'd love to use it in my Galaxy Class bridge set if I ever get around to adding the ready room. 😂

https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/10001304/galaxy-class-bridge

Maybe we can arrange a trade of some sort. Obviously, I use Blender, but DM me if you're interested. :)

A while back I did a couple of 'labor of love' assets that became the heart of a pitch to a studio. The organizer of the pitch took those assets and sold them to a collectibles company, and used them in other ways, without my knowledge, consent, payment, you name it. I no longer share or such any of my assets.
    Post edited by vfxart on
    PreViz
  • seanrseanr1380 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 631Member
    OK, no problem. Definitely sucks that someone would do that shit. :(
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    vfxart wrote: »

A while back I did a couple of 'labor of love' assets that became the heart of a pitch to a studio. The organizer of the pitch took those assets and sold them to a collectibles company, and used them in other ways, without my knowledge, consent, payment, you name it. I no longer share or such any of my assets.

Very sorry to hear that happened to you, that's an incredibly shitty thing for someone to do :(

That ready room USS Stargazer is gorgeous though, wonderful work you've done there.
    edited June 22 #78
    Adding in some of the lighting takes so I've got this all together in this page. These were at about the 80% model stage, just before tying the volumes together. Been on a massive update to another ship with the help of her original builder (it's been fun, I've been giving him info...) and hope to start posting that soon.

nhnmnuiz694e.jpg
    dbtb5dzxo5db.jpg
    r47zbueftjno.jpg
    2yklfzy84bjh.jpg
    am47plv4pi38.jpg

Post edited by vfxart on
    evil_genius_180BrandenbergashleytingerseanrLizzy777StarCruiserBolianAdmiral
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1924 CaliforniaPosts: 2,081Member
    Very nice.