Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DReady Room Stargazer

13»

• vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member
    edited December 2023 #62
    Some progress on the NCC-7100's home (You all know it's not the Stargazer, right...?)

Working this up with the Hoth and Rebel bits this week. Just a wider shot showing the 'platform' for the piece.

9qvgbfhvy50r.jpg

Post edited by vfxart on
    BolianAdmiralStarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777wibble
    edited December 2023 #63
    Oh yeah, this is gonna take some dialing in...

45wlqz7xtpwh.jpg

More common angle:
    ras9jxdq4elr.jpg

Post edited by vfxart on
    xiaorobearevil_genius_180Lizzy777wibbleBolianAdmirallennier1StarCruiserPheylanashleytingerRekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    This is awesome
    vfxart
    Thanks...! Still a way to go, but glad it is coming together... I need to get this in UE, and decide how to frame and render this... 'vignette'? not sure there's a better term for this sort of thing... more soon-ish. ;-)

And as I said in another thread, thanks to everyone who's Like or had a comment or just had a look here. Might be a second of your time, but gives a lot of momentum to things. (And I'm absolutely horrible about it, I feel like my comments are broken records... unless folks are asking for serious critique or input... but even then...)
    evil_genius_180BolianAdmiral
    That wood texture you have on the top looks really nice… just the right amount of shine so that it looks realistic, and not “over-polished”.
    vfxart
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2018 Central OhioPosts: 1,246Member
    That wall carpeting... spot on
    vfxart
    edited December 2023 #68

There were two front-runners for it...

cp568vfijcv4.png

Post edited by vfxart on
    evil_genius_180StarCruiser
    That wood texture you have on the top looks really nice… just the right amount of shine so that it looks realistic, and not “over-polished”.

Thanks-- worked to try to match it to one of the screenshots of Picard and Troi entering the Ready Room....

miimde9h2bl7.jpeg
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserBolianAdmiral
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    vfxart wrote: »

There were two front-runners for it...

cp568vfijcv4.png

Ah yes. That time Spock dressed like he was going to a swingers club. :lol:
    StarCruiser
    edited January 10 #71
    And I think we call it done here.... learned a few more bits about the ship, or rather some new observations on my part, so a few tweaks.

Definitely running up against my patience to light and render... these are... 7 second? heh- renders out of Marmoset. It's a skill that I greatly need to develop, but have to admit to being caught up in analysis paralysis, as the choices are insane. Marmoset is so much faster than UE, but I wonder if I'll be better served taking everything into UE for portfolio renders. Octane/UE was very good to me for a short while.

daf3gj81ztw3.png

8dx8bkmm3a8z.png

2hxtrkw0gss4.png

ansvur6b7qp0.png

Post edited by vfxart on
    Mustang13Camaro68trekkiBolianAdmiralashleytingerStarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180Rekkertwibbleseanrand 2 others.
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Very cool! 👍
    vfxart
    Damn, ship aside, that wall fabric texture is PERFECT.
    vfxart
  • seanrseanr1123 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 602Member
    This is fantastic. I'd love to use it in my Galaxy Class bridge set if I ever get around to adding the ready room. 😂

https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/10001304/galaxy-class-bridge

Maybe we can arrange a trade of some sort. Obviously, I use Blender, but DM me if you're interested. :)
    vfxart
    edited February 6 #75
    seanr wrote: »
    This is fantastic. I'd love to use it in my Galaxy Class bridge set if I ever get around to adding the ready room. 😂

https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/10001304/galaxy-class-bridge

Maybe we can arrange a trade of some sort. Obviously, I use Blender, but DM me if you're interested. :)

A while back I did a couple of 'labor of love' assets that became the heart of a pitch to a studio. The organizer of the pitch took those assets and sold them to a collectibles company, and used them in other ways, without my knowledge, consent, payment, you name it. I no longer share or such any of my assets.
    Post edited by vfxart on
    PreViz
  • seanrseanr1123 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 602Member
    OK, no problem. Definitely sucks that someone would do that shit. :(
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    vfxart wrote: »

A while back I did a couple of 'labor of love' assets that became the heart of a pitch to a studio. The organizer of the pitch took those assets and sold them to a collectibles company, and used them in other ways, without my knowledge, consent, payment, you name it. I no longer share or such any of my assets.

Very sorry to hear that happened to you, that's an incredibly shitty thing for someone to do :(

That ready room USS Stargazer is gorgeous though, wonderful work you've done there.