Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBSG Colonial Fleet

167891012»

• mylexmylex1015 Posts: 346Member
    Very cool stuff :)
    japetus
  • xiaorobearxiaorobear719 Posts: 175Member
    Congratulations, what an achievement!
    japetus
  • EddieLEddieL332 Posts: 1Member
    A stunning achievement. Well done!
    japetus
  • StarriggerStarrigger477 Posts: 702Member
    Beyond awesome, takes me right back to my teen years when I was soaking up all the Sci-Fi I could get my hands on... (wait... I still am!)
    japetus
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
  • rojrenrojren2553 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 2,002Member
    I'm going to be hearing that damned catchy tune for the next couple of days now. Looks Great.
    japetus
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804751 Posts: 11,272Member
    Fracking outstanding work. I have the original BSG movie in 4K and even it doesn't look that good.
    japetus
  • StarCruiserStarCruiser387 Posts: 67Member
    Nice!
  • japetusjapetus2984 SeattlePosts: 1,403Member
    So so close to finishing the modeling on the outside...hoping to do a cockpit, though that may be tricky, but very close now! This underside has really taken forever but I'm very pleased....

tr96zl2jyd2b.jpg
    mt4o6my5k01y.jpg
    StarCruiserrojrenCoolhandLizzy777wibblerms8_347BrandenbergMustang13Camaro68caveat_imperator
  • EBOLIIEBOLII206 Posts: 363Member
    Sweet!
    edited April 5 #341
    Finally finishing up the shuttle....but need to make a coockpit too
    q211n57sf7tr.jpg
    ehf3zq3xpgad.jpg
    5iyw4bes91u7.png
    u6dl0w5hbwt1.jpg
    oj6vn4cemndl.jpg
    Post edited by japetus on
    rojrenStarCruiserwibblewolfmanvfxartLizzy777xiaorobearrms8_347BrandenbergMustang13Camaro68and 1 other.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Excellent!!!
    edited June 11 #343
    Life's been very busy but this is hanging over my head like a guillotine! So I've FINALLY got it unwrapped and in to Substance Painter, one material 5 UDIMs, still working on it and will texture the interior too, something simple though just for flybys... ca8annpz4xq3.png
    3yhi9yf7wwtk.png
    6f8bw3shj5dk.png
    k3bdjghy9ii6.png
    rojrenPheylanevil_genius_180xiaorobearStarCruiserBrandenbergwibbleLizzy777Mustang13Camaro68caveat_imperator
  • PheylanPheylan534 Posts: 99Member
    Wow great work!

Do you mind doing a screen shot of your UV maps. I'm curious to see what they look like.

I've yet to get one of my models into Substance Painter because, quite frankly, I'm a bit intimidated by the process.
    edited June 11 #345
    Pheylan wrote: »
    Wow great work!

Do you mind doing a screen shot of your UV maps. I'm curious to see what they look like.

I've yet to get one of my models into Substance Painter because, quite frankly, I'm a bit intimidated by the process.

It would probably not help much, since there's 4 million polys and a few thousand objects, I use Unwrella to automatically unwrap it! The greebles end up being little chunks mostly as it unwraps base on angles. Painter also has its own automatic unwrapper tool when you import the mesh, but then you have to export it out of Painter then, I don't use it much
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg2065 CaliforniaPosts: 2,206Member
    That's really incredible Mike. I mean it really is.