Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBSG Colonial Fleet

• japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    And got more greebles done today!

i5gdyj2afccy.jpg
    zvz7vlapyla2.jpg
    vibgzbxju0br.jpg
    rojrenMadKoiFishevil_genius_180StarCruiserwibblepubliusrLizzy777ashleytingersrspicercaveat_imperatorand 2 others.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    My favorite shuttle
    scifiericStarrigger
    Still working on this slowly but surely... how I wish I had the real thing so I could measure some bits. Might not end up perfect but hopefully close enough! So many greebles left to do!
    b0d4k75aiv2v.jpg
    Mustang13Camaro68Warp Propulsion LaboratoryStarCruiserrojrenLizzy777wibbleevil_genius_180publiusrcaveat_imperatorscifiericand 1 other.
    Still gotta make that Galactica...but i did some more editing and added a few more shots...

rojrenwibbleevil_genius_180StarCruisercaveat_imperatorLizzy777Nathan Rubricscifiericpubliusrsrspicer
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    japetus wrote: »
    Still gotta make that Galactica...

Yes. Yes you do.

StarCruiserscifieric
  • wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 511Member
    Actually the Galactica shot made me smile.
    scifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Even without the Galactica, that's awesome.
    scifieric
    10 points if you know what this is....was an experiement. q8hb744abdyy.png
    ashleytingerLizzy777StarCruiserscifiericpubliusrevil_genius_180caveat_imperatorsrspicer
    I hear Patrick Macnee for some reason.
    japetusStarCruiserscifiericevil_genius_180srspicer
  • StarCruiserStarCruiser364 Posts: 45Member
    There are those who believe that life here, began out there...

Yep...
    scifiericpubliusrevil_genius_180
    edited October 2023 #312
    Now I want to watch an episode just to see and hear that awesome intro again.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    scifieric
  • StarCruiserStarCruiser364 Posts: 45Member
    By your command:

publiusrscifieric
    By your command:

Nice. Though, I have the whole series on DVD or Blu-Ray. (I think Blu-Ray)
    StarCruiserLizzy777scifieric
    Well well what have we here...haven't touched the Galatica yet, needs some material and a bit of modeling love...but so excited to see her in the shot!!

txe9fdnzves0.png
    evil_genius_180bloknayrbLizzy777wibblesrspicerStarCruisercaveat_imperatorStarriggerscifieric
    Conversion complete...enough polys for distant shots at least...

arv1fdcdklkn.jpg
    ashleytingerwibbleMustang13Camaro68rojrenStarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777caveat_imperatorStarriggermylexand 1 other.
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 159Member
    I'm curious - Having not examined the model, what did you feel needed improving? Where were the poly's deficient?
    scifieric
    MustangCamaro's Other Projects: TaelonMothership MarsAttacks SeaQuestDSV
    I'm curious - Having not examined the model, what did you feel needed improving? Where were the poly's deficient?

When comparing with photos, the smaller greebles that are there are not the correct ones, there's just more "essence" of what is there, probably due to lack of reference. Also it's only around 2 million polys, very lightweight for the Galactica, so if I get in too much farther, you will definitely start seeing polys. However it's probably just fine for my shot, in my video, but wouldn't hold up to some close flybys
    Mustang13Camaro68scifieric
  • vfxartvfxart1246 PNWPosts: 267Member

When comparing with photos, the smaller greebles that are there are not the correct ones, there's just more "essence" of what is there, probably due to lack of reference. Also it's only around 2 million polys, very lightweight for the Galactica, so if I get in too much farther, you will definitely start seeing polys. However it's probably just fine for my shot, in my video, but wouldn't hold up to some close flybys

Lack of reference on the Galactica? Ah, no. ;-)

2M is larger than the one built for the modern remake. If someone were smart they could up-res variations for camera angles and maybe come away with 4 med-res ships at ~1.5, and a few for close-ups depending on the shots needed.
    scifieric
    vfxart wrote: »

Lack of reference on the Galactica? Ah, no. ;-)

2M is larger than the one built for the modern remake. If someone were smart they could up-res variations for camera angles and maybe come away with 4 med-res ships at ~1.5, and a few for close-ups depending on the shots needed.

It's more of the rounded and cylindrical greebles are like 8 sided, so that would stand out to me..thankfully these days with round edge shaders it can simulate more detail like chamfers so doesnt need to be quite so high poly.
    evil_genius_180scifieric
    Animation also allows you to get by with more than still shots do. If something is in motion, it's harder to pick out low poly bits than if you have a nice freeze frame where you can pick out every bit.
    japetuspubliusrStarriggerscifieric
    Back onto this guy, slowly but surely!! Also rerendering and improving some shots in my video, I hope to be done with my animtion this week or next....finish it up for the year!

nibtd0dywqbh.jpg
    evil_genius_180rojrenWarp Propulsion LaboratoryStarCruiserMustang13Camaro68Lizzy777caveat_imperatorscifieric
    Hallmark has a Galactica ornament coming (TOS).
    scifieric
    I always liked the Galactica shuttle. It's the first shuttle I remember seeing that could actually carry a worthwhile amount of people and/or cargo.
    japetusStarriggercaveat_imperatorpubliusrscifieric
    Getting very very close on releasing my final animation....just keep finding little things to improve...
    vfxartscifieric
    Tangentially related, I've been working on some planets...fully procedural with no bitmaps. Pretty pleased with what I can do now. It's generally base on noise warps of various typesn5y177vlfq9v.jpg
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777caveat_imperatorwibblemylexscifieric
    That looks great. Procedural planets for the win. :)
    publiusrscifieric
    Finished most of the top greebles of the shuttle! And an image dump of some wireframes and more procedural planet tests!
    znhg22vxayze.png
    gvk3v6rhzvkg.png
    wdcn4qlkrgez.png
    ktp2xq3bbbea.png
    mkliy5o5ndhg.jpg
    vsh5nvm80bvm.png
    rojrenStarriggerevil_genius_180ashleytingerStarCruisermylexLizzy777caveat_imperatorscifiericxiaorobearand 1 other.
    Somehow, I could see the Landmaster driving off a forward ramp of that thing…Ark II and Seeker the same anyway
    scifieric
    About as far as I'm gonna get this year, but very close to finishing! Mostly just greebles in the bottom rear to finish! Man what a slog!

aziapn2fifhb.jpg
    7s5xa6ijuhsp.jpg
    evil_genius_180rojrenStarCruiserLizzy777MadKoiFishNathan Rubriccaveat_imperatorStarriggerwibble
    edited January 5 #331
    Well I'm calling this video done!! I fixed and tweaked a ton of stuff since last you guys probably saw (maybe only I will notice), but will continue on with my shuttle as well! Just wanted to get this out the door since it's a new year. Enjoy! The Galactica and Basestar models are by FolkLM

Post edited by japetus on
    rojrenmylexNathan RubricxiaorobearEddieLStarriggerLizzy777evil_genius_180StarCruiserwibbleand 3 others.