Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Can anyone help?!

Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
In 3DsMax... is there a way that i can add a map to a selection of faces (after i have added the Edit mesh mod and selected the faces, i know how to do that bit)?!

Matt
Post edited by Robert Harrison on

• GuerrillaGuerrilla797 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    Moving to 3d Q&A.

You can just fire up material editor and drag & drop the material on the selected faces.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Theres also a little button in the material editor that will fill the selected opject (or faces) with the current material.

You might need to add a UV map for your obect to render properly though
  • Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
    Thank you... This will help...
    I have just posted the first (compleat) draft of my ship, but the Stardrive hull is... well pointy! and i want curves...

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-wips/25099-ark-royal-class.html#post201976

that is the link so ya know what i mean, can someone tell me how to 'fillet' (is that right) so that the points become curves?
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    You could go in poly mode and fillet the wires, but probably the easiest thing you could do to affect the whole saucer at once is use a meshsmooth modifier on it, or turbosmooth.
    Thank you, didn't think of a simple thing like that... forgot there was a sub-menu...

Matt
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9834 Posts: 5,333Member
    Dont forget to look at your smoothing groups in editable poly or use edge loops. (should be a few tuts on google) I think max has a tut on using smoothing groups for turbosmooth or meshsmooth. The smoothing groups will allow you to define how things are smoothed off so you can retain hard edges. Without a wire I cannot suggest other methods.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.