Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DL.A.P.D. Spinner

• cobywancobywan171 Posts: 0Member
    Here is that torrent file. Once you have saved it to your hard drive delete the .txt and load into your favorite client.

If this upload doesn't work here it a link to the torrent file at Demonoid.

http://www.demonoid.com/files/download/HTTP/431016/2962050
  • BasajaunBasajaun183 Posts: 0Member
    I've just downloaded the references. I'll examine them carefully this weekend.

Thank you cobywan :thumb:
    Great! I'm glad it worked for you. The last time I checked there were 48 copies made.
  • indianna500indianna5003 Posts: 0Member
    smart looking model, keep goin, it will be worth it in the end :-0

I must dig out my photos, probably a bit late now, but they actually had one of the stunt spinners at the MGM universal Park in Orlando, this was about 15 years ago and I did get some great shots of the profiles, may be useful?
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    This is so awesome... totally not enough 3D of flying cars out there. This one is one of the coolest. I'm really looking forward to seeing this finished!
    smart looking model, keep goin, it will be worth it in the end :-0

I must dig out my photos, probably a bit late now, but they actually had one of the stunt spinners at the MGM universal Park in Orlando, this was about 15 years ago and I did get some great shots of the profiles, may be useful?

Those are in the archive file I posted. So many people took photos of it while it was still there. It's gone now. My understanding is that it was chopped up and sent to a landfill.

On a realated note, the Sci-fi museaum here in Seattle has a refurbished Spinner in one of the conference rooms.
    Hi!

It's been a while since my last post. I've been very busy in the last few months and I haven't had a cahnce to work on my 3D projects until now. But finally the momento has arrrived, I'm free and willing to keep working on my Spinner. I'll post new updates as soon as I can.

BTW, thanks again to cobywan for this huge amount of reference material :)
    Ok, here we go.

I've reworked most of the inside part and tweaked many small areas. The changes are varely noticeable.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great to me.
  • GlazyGlazy333 Posts: 0Member
    F A B U L O U S !!!
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member
    That looks great! Keep it up:)
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Yes the details are to say......well they look perfect. I look forward to see more progress

Good job
  • Silverblade-T-ESilverblade-T-E0 Posts: 0Member
    ah, memories of watching Blade Runner Director's Cut in an arthouse cinema (only one that would play it, pals/cousins went nuts to see it)...on film the Spinner sequences are just AMAZING.
    *thumbs up* great modelling of a great craft :)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Looking great. But one thing kind of hit me... where does the prisoner go? :D
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great. But one thing kind of hit me... where does the prisoner go? :D

There are NO prisoners. They blow them all away, and the morgue wagon mops up the residue...
    Blade Runners are like Klingons: they never make prisoners :lol:

Small update...
  • Enigma XEnigma X331 Posts: 0Member
    I have a buddy of mine that did one of these, I myself attempted one(it looked okay for a guy who did it when he first started out at 3d),

Keep it up, it's looking quite nice.
    A closer look...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Wow, that looks like a physical model. That glass is majorly realistic.
    Thanks evil_genius :)

I've been working a bit more on the interior.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's so frakkin' cool. :devil:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Looking very cool mate:)
    You've done a man's job sir.
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    cobywan wrote: »
    You've done a man's job sir.

It's too bad she won't live...
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Bar wrote: »
    It's too bad she won't live...

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave. "

Friggin' great looking model there, Sir!!! Keep up the nice work!
    I remember they had one of the original spinners outside in MGM studios in Fla a while ago... I always thougt it was sad to see it there just sitting out there in the rain getting ruined... Like tears in the rain....
    You know what happend to that Spinner? It got chopped up and thrown into a landfill.

There is one in a personal collection in Japan and one hanging in the SF Museum here in Seattle. :p
    cobywan wrote: »
    You know what happend to that Spinner? It got chopped up and thrown into a landfill.

That might be the saddest thing ever.... you know that some collector would have taken it.... maybe even refirbed it a bit... or a museum... :mad:
  • RodavanRodavan236 Posts: 66Member
    Very cool model - going to watch bladerunner tonight again :thumb:
    I'll wait to see the remasterd film in the theater. It's going to be great.