Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DL.A.P.D. Spinner

• BasajaunBasajaun183 Posts: 0Member
    Hi!

Thanks for your comments guys :)

I'm also looking forward to see the new cut Ridley's done. Unfortunately, I think it's only going to be shown in theaters in the USA, so the rest of us will have to wait until the DVD is released.

Anyway, here are a few more renders:
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looks awesome. I don't know how, but I've never seen that movie. Maybe I'll get it from NetFlix and try it out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    thats so cool :thumb: .. can i have one?? :D
    w/o all the lights haha
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks awesome. I don't know how, but I've never seen that movie. Maybe I'll get it from NetFlix and try it out.

I don't know what to say about that one...
    You have never seen Blade Runner?:o
  • BrickheadBrickhead176 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding work,very nicely done.
    Hi!

Thank you Brickhead :)
    MocaMoses wrote:
    thats so cool :thumb: .. can i have one?? :D
    w/o all the lights haha

I'm affraid the Spinner is a police vehicle, civilians are not allowed to own one :p

You haven't seen Blade Runner yet? take my advice and watch it, you are loosing one of the greatest sci-fi films ever done :thumb:

Ok, I haven't done much today but here you have two hi-res renders:
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    looking real good
  • jimmy1701jimmy17010 Posts: 0Member
    only watched this film the other night for the first time. seriously cool movie, I seen a part of the first cut when I was in new york afew weeks back the one wth the narration by harrison ford and was getting really into it when i had to go for dinner in planet hollywood lol.

Was a surprise to see Edward James Olmos in it as hes in the new Galactica series and hes just really cool in the film even as a supporting role. was expecting him to either whip out a cheesy looking blazer from miami vice or tell someone to frak off or atleast say launch vipers lol. Seriously cool actor though.

On the model, well all I can say is it looks like a really cool effort can see a mile away its been a love hate relationship in some areas such as that wing mesh error and what not but overall its come together perfectly :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Basajaun wrote:
    You haven't seen Blade Runner yet? take my advice and watch it, you are loosing one of the greatest sci-fi films ever done :thumb:

Yeah, and it's really odd, considering the fact that my dad had it on tape. I'll have to go over to his house and borrow his DVD. Great work in the spinner. I like those hi-rez renders. :flippy:
  • SGC_Sam FisherSGC_Sam Fisher0 Posts: 0Member
    Bar wrote: »
    I don't know what to say about that one...
    You have never seen Blade Runner?:o

I don't see whats wrong with that, neither have I. How good is it anyway? Oh yeah, nice model.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Basajaun wrote: »
    Ok, I haven't done much today but here you have two hi-res renders:
    Nice! I can't wait to see them covered in acid-rain and flying through crowded city skies!

Drink one for me, pal.

;)
    Hi!

Another update.

The interior is being, by far, the most difficult part to model mainly due to the lack of good reference material. I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible and as a result I find myself undoing previously modeled parts and remodeling them again all the time.

The extirior isn't totally finished but what's left are just some minor details and a few mesh errors and segmentation that I'll handle later.

• cobywancobywan171 Posts: 0Member
    It really looks quite correct to my eye. The bank of "clocks" acting as a HUD looks really good.
    what's up men!
    Awesome work! Really! It must be so hard to make this model have than much detail, but its to sweet! Its a pleasure to watch this kind of works :)
    Keep it up!
    Hi!

No modeling today, just an attempt to make a decent texture for the seats. I'm not totally satisfied with the result but anyways here you have two renders. I'm open to suggestions :)
    hmm...is it supposed to be leather? or leather-ish?
    Yes, that's the idea.
    Hello everyone, I'm back :)

It's been more than two years since the last update. I think it's about time to make some progress on this model. After I carefully checked the reference material that cobywan gave me, I realised that the bottom part of the Spinner needed some remodeling, so that's where I've started. I have also made some minor modifications to the interiror and I hope to finish detailing it in a couple of weeks. The remaining stuff -wheels, door-opnening mechanism...- will need some more time.
    69819.jpg69820.jpg69821.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good. Glad to see someone spending time on a spinner to get it right. I always felt this was one of the more interesting "future cars" done for a movie.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    wow - once upon a time... :)

Nevertheless, this is still a great looking model! IA’d love to see it finished in the next couple of years :D :D
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Next to the Falcon this has to be one my favourite vehicles, and you are doing a great job mate.
    That's lookin' very nice. VERY nice.
    I'd like to be able to animate the doors and the front wheels -coming in and out of the 'pods'-, does anyone know any good tutorials about rigging machines/mechanical objects?

Concerning the modeling stage, which I hope won't last too long, I'd say the interior is pretty much finished. The available reference doesn't reveal too much detail so I'm improvising and adding stuff randomly.
    69983.jpg69984.jpg69985.jpg
  • D.M.J.D.M.J.0 Posts: 0Member
    For "improvising and adding stuff randomly", that's all very plausible details. You could easily have gotten away with saying you were doing it all to exact blueprints :D
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    impressive ... most impressive! :)

Chris
    I think it's shaping up to be better than the filming miniature work.
    Thank you all for your kind words :)

Small update: WHEELS!!!
    70029.jpg
  • newmannewman0 Posts: 0Member
    I've been following this thread, definitely not enough Blade Runner stuff around here :) You've done the spinner justice, looks great.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not familiar with that vehicle but man, that looks absolutely stunning ! :thumb: The cockpit is a small piece of (modelling) art :D
    Hi!

I've completed the rigging for the forward wheels and the "pod-caps". It's not exactly what I was looking for -expressions and such is just too advanced stuff for me- but it works so I think it's ok. Here's an animation I've done to test it and a couple more images. Modeling of those parts is not yet finished, but almost.
    70217.jpg70218.jpg