Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D & 3DStar Trek Reboot

12345679»

• darkthunderdarkthunder387 SwedenPosts: 90Member
    Goodness gracious... Loving the sleek lines of this Ambassador reboot. Feels even more of a mix of Enterprise(s) that came before it, especially that impulse deck. Only thing really missing is one of those impulse deflection crystals.

Would love to see this as a 3D model. And to borrow an expression from another universe: Love those ample nacelles :)
    Hunter Gpubliusr
  • caveat_imperatorcaveat_imperator2 Posts: 3Member
    Very nice! I was always partial to Probert's design compared to what ended up on screen. This is a great mix of the two.
    Hunter G
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta177 Seattle, WAPosts: 51Member
    edited April 11 #244
    These just keep getting better and better. You are creating a consistent look across multiple eras of ships and evolving those designs based on where the "look" would fall along the technological timeline which is just...fantastic.

I think this Ambassador redux might be my favorite that you've done. Stunning and so well balanced.

Something I've found missing a bit with Trek is a consistent stylistic look for the universe. With, say, Star Wars, you see design for it and it's almost immediately identifiable. Not a knock to Eaves or any other design lead. I understand Trek is a very different franchise and covers much more time (both physical and fictional) so I'm not pushing on it too hard, just giving that as an example.

I'd love to see what you would do for like...all starship classes to apply a similar look. Intrepid, Defiant, Centaur, Steamrunner, Nova...hell even Sovereign?

In any case! Your work just blows me away. Keep up the good stuff!
    Post edited by adjunct37beta on
    lennier1Rory1707Hunter G
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral920 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,328Member
    I would LOVE to see your take on the Nebula-Class… 😉😉😉
    Loopholeadjunct37betaHunter G
  • shipfishershipfisher355 Posts: 93Member
    Beautiful take on the Ambassador class. Adds a touch of angularity in all the right places.
    adjunct37betaHunter G
  • Hunter GHunter G1090 Posts: 445Member
    publiusr wrote: »
    Holy moly! You have outdone yourself once again. These have to be kitted.

Hopefully someday! Especially since 3D printing keeps getting better and cheaper
    These just keep getting better and better. You are creating a consistent look across multiple eras of ships and evolving those designs based on where the "look" would fall along the technological timeline which is just...fantastic.

I think this Ambassador redux might be my favorite that you've done. Stunning and so well balanced.

Something I've found missing a bit with Trek is a consistent stylistic look for the universe. With, say, Star Wars, you see design for it and it's almost immediately identifiable. Not a knock to Eaves or any other design lead. I understand Trek is a very different franchise and covers much more time (both physical and fictional) so I'm not pushing on it too hard, just giving that as an example.

I'd love to see what you would do for like...all starship classes to apply a similar look. Intrepid, Defiant, Centaur, Steamrunner, Nova...hell even Sovereign?

In any case! Your work just blows me away. Keep up the good stuff!

I appreciate that! That is the point of this never ending project, so I'm glad it's working. And not to worry, I'll get to them all eventually, no ship is safe, not even the A!

I would LOVE to see your take on the Nebula-Class… 😉😉😉
    Soon....

Ael'sadjunct37betaBolianAdmiral
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1637 CaliforniaPosts: 1,919Member
    Very nice. I agree with all that has been said.
    publiusrHunter G
  • Hunter GHunter G1090 Posts: 445Member
    From a request, here's some orthos of the Ambassador (study model I did to help with the sketch)
    OcQXzIo.png
    ashleytingerRory1707Ael'strekkiLoopholeadjunct37betadarkthunderJayruwibbleBolianAdmiraland 8 others.
  • JayruJayru610 UKPosts: 538Member
    Beautiful work, I love the style of these. The Ambassador looks amazing.
    Hunter G
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972223 Posts: 1,134Member
    Looks great. Nice and clean as well.
    Hunter G
  • shipfishershipfisher355 Posts: 93Member
    This Ambassador redesign looks fresh enough to be a retro/tribute/homage to the original but from possibly a century or two down the road.
    LoopholeHunter G
  • trekkitrekki567 Posts: 1,135Member
    Nice!
    Hunter G